Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I've said before, players like Chadli pop up with goals but add fuck all to overall play-any cunt in a top 6 side can get 8-10 a season playing in a front three. He does not do enough and is not a top player, lazy, nonchalant and just doesnt seem to give a flying fuck. you cant depend on him to do something when the chips are down, like many of our current squad.
He NEVER steps up to the plate when we aren't playing well. We lack leaders and players with proper balls big time.
Benfica? Stoke (at the lane last season)?, Burnley in the FA cup last season? those are just the first ones to spring to mind. If goals are not coming from other places other than Eriksen and Kane then we have to play him. We need goals from our CMs and centre backs as well as the infamous RM position more than we need to replace Chadli.

How come Clinton isnt ready to play or atleast be on the bench? I can understand with Son because he just signed the papers.. Pedro for example jumped right int he first team and even scored a goal..
Clinton was injured in pre-season. Poch obviously thinks he needs more fitness before playing him.

So you are defending Chadli yet then say he will be 'good from the bench' when N;Jie and Son are starting-two players I'll wager you've probably seen play 6 times at most??
No, I hope they come in and our amazing, same with every player, and in that unlikely scenario then Chadli would be good from the bench.

Benfica? Stoke (at the lane last season)?, Burnley in the FA cup last season? those are just the first ones to spring to mind. If goals are not coming from other places other than Eriksen and Kane then we have to play him. We need goals from our CMs and centre backs as well as the infamous RM position more than we need to replace Chadli.
So you're saying doing something against a team in a europa lge game, stoke and fucking burnley in a cup game is Chadlis defence?
The ONLY game he has ran was Chelsea last nyd when THE WHOLE TEAM played class-he plays well when everyone else does, we cannot rely on him, he never steps up in big games and don't say scoring against Woolwich and doing nothing else in the other 89 minutes last season gives him a by ball either.

Not good enough and not consistent in the slightest.

So you're saying doing something against a team in a europa lge game, stoke and fucking burnley in a cup game is Chadlis defence?
The ONLY game he has ran was Chelsea last nyd when THE WHOLE TEAM played class-he plays well when everyone else does, we cannot rely on him, he never steps up in big games and don't say scoring against Woolwich and doing nothing else in the other 89 minutes last season gives him a by ball either.

Not good enough and not consistent in the slightest.
So you would rather someone who does 'something' (It is unclear what you mean by this) for 89 minutes other than score or assist?

Best team if we sign Berahino:

---------------------------------Lloris------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderweirld------Vertonghen--------Rose
------------------------------Dier----Benteleb/Dembele--------
------Son-----------------------------------------Eriksen-------
-----------------------------Kane----------------------------------
------------------------------------------Berhaino--------------

Basically with Eriksen starting from the left position and drifting infield. Kane allowed more freedom to drop deep and wonder like he likes doing but now we would have Berahino to stay up top.

best team if we don't sign Berahino

------------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderweirld-------Vertonghen------------Rose
-------------------------------Dier----Benteleb/Dembele------------
-----------------------------------Eriksen------------------------------
----N'JIe-------------------------------------------------------Son----
-------------------------------------Kane------------------------------

So N'jie starts from a wide position but will help Kane out (sort of like the role Kone played today).

First time in a very long time I actually, genuinely enjoyed an entire football match. Everything bar the result was perfect; the atmosphere, Dier having 80% of total ball possession and looking like a real veteran infront of our defense, and every player giving everything they have. The only thing I got really pissed off with was the cunting referee, he should be demoted to the conference. If Mason had his scoring boots on this would've been a walkover. COYS.

Don't often get to go to The Lane, and it's already been mentioned, but the atmosphere was awesome today - as jumping as I've ever seen it, especially in the second half.

Gutted we didn't win but there's a lot to take away from the game, just wish Poch had made the subs a bit earlier. Onwards and upwards.

Another frustrating game at the Lane. Seems par for the course under Poch the pooch.

Kane's miss when 1 on 1 was poor. No excuse I could see (live) for such a miss. I think it must be about 6 months since he last scored at the Lane....not good enough.

Pockets of good play in second half generated a good atmosphere which was praise worthy. Kone got the run on Jan and we nearly got caught. Other than that Everton caused no massive concerns, so all in all it feels a little like another 2 points dropped.

Options from the Bench simply frightening. Really really frightening. Pritchard is too small....jog off on loan son.

Really really worrying @ half time they showed an interview with Son on the Jumbotron. The man can't speak a word of English !

Psycho Pat looked well though :)

Why is everyone having a go at the ref??
I can't remember anything he did that particularly bothered me or I at least wasnt stomping about living room in a rage, swearing and hoping he died in hell's fiery pit :)

Sorry but as much as we did deserve more today overall, did we look like we had any conviction in front of goal? Not really. Mason will take one chance in 4-5, he got about 3 today and couldn't net. Kane having one of those spells, just have to stick with it but, when you have no other option to throw on for 15-20mins it is a fucking disgrace.

Defence ok but before we all bemoan our luck and the ref being a twat too much (although both were poor), let's remember a few of this Everton side had a tough 120mins in midweek away and were the away side again today. Really nothing amazing about them today, solid at best. They will be like us, up and down. If anything they have a better blend than us of experience and youth and some very good youth at that.

As for Poch bringing on Pritchard with 5mins to go, fucking pointless. Give the kid 15-20mins for fuck sake, in a game like that he's on a hiding to nothing going on without a chance to find his feet at all.

Please let N'Jie and Son be decent because if they're magnificent sevenesque then we are fucked this season.

Back
Top Bottom