Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We really can't catch a break at the moment. 20-7 in shots, we dominated the game really. Poor finishing from Mason and Kane.

Dier was MOTM. I definitely believe in him as a CDM though this could come back to bite me. Him and Bentaleb form a nice pairing. Once N'Jie, Son, Pritchard, and Alli get fully caught up to speed we'll be a lot more dangerous. Plus Eriksen's return from injury.

Rose will be England's #1 LB by the end of the season. He's a delight to watch.

I must have watched a different match than most of the people on here. I thought we played a tremendous game. We completely dominated the midfield. Dier, Bentaleb and Mason were massive. Jan and Toby were hardly tested at all. Danny Rose is so fucking dynamic. Aside from his finishing, which is normally his strength, I thought Chadli had one of his best games at Spurs, especially creating chances in the first half.

I would have liked to have seen Pritchard 10-15 minutes earlier, but otherwise we didn't have anyone else in the bench to bring in for offensive support. (Lamela appears to be on his way out.). But with Njie and Son coming, that's going to change.

Frustrated with a draw I suppose, but mainly excited about what I am seeing develop on the pitch. COYS.

Look at the team that finished that match;
Tottenham Hotspur
  • Lloris
  • Walker
  • Alderweireld
  • Vertonghen
  • Rose
  • Dier
  • Bentaleb
  • Alli
  • Pritchard (on for Mason)
  • Chadli
  • Kane
at least 6 or 7 of those would've been part of our Europa League/Carling Cup squad a few years back... some were still in nappies! ...we're playing half a YOUTH team... like it or not, we're way off the finished article... but boy, when we are, we'll be fucking awesome maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

Welp. No Spurs game until my birthday. I can understand the other 4 but Sunderland is arguably the worst team in the league so far this season. If we don't beat them I don't even know what I'll do

Two weeks now for the usual suspects to froth themselves into a frenzy. Fucking great.

I'm off for a little break mates, switch the light off if you're the last one out.

Easily our best performance of the season and it's a shame we didn't get the goals to match and it's really frustrating. Arguably our best back five and we looked solid and kept a cleansheet. Thank god we don't have a lump like Lukaku up front, offers absolutely nothing to his team and is dreadful with his back to goal, no wonder Mourinho got rid.

Dier was outstanding. In a positional-sense he was exceptional, he wound Everton players up and he put in some outstanding tackles, especially the one on Cleverley. That was one of the best defensive midfield performances I've seen since Sandro against Man Utd at Old Trafford. Bentaleb still looks off the pace to be honest, I'd have taken him off round about 70 minutes, dropped Mason deeper and brought Pritchard on, shame we waited a while to bring him on.

Felt for Kane, you just had the feeling he'd miss when he was through. Last season he'd have went round Howard and slotted it home. He just needs one though, hopefully against Sunderland. I can't wait for that game though. International break has come at a good time, get Son and Njie in training, another week of fitness for Pritchard and hopefully it's nothing TOO serious for Dembele who impressed me today.

Overall I was happy with the performance but ultimately frustrated with the outcome. Mason could have had a hattrick, his finishing with the first team has always been lackluster. Wasn't he top goalscorer for our youth teams too? Crazy. I was also quite impressed by Alli when he come on, likes to get forward as you'd expect but he's a quick thinker and we lack those.

I'd say Vertonghen, Rose and Dier were our stand out players in a game where our defence wasn't really troubled surprisingly. I'd probably give Dier man of the match due to how solid he was in there.

Regardless of it was the reff's fault or our own recklessness it was the yellow cards which destroyed the endeavour of our team, the ranked up quickly and our players became scared to take a risk.

Very frustrating to watch, defence looked good today only positive, chadli might pop in with the odd goal but his general play is so fucking poor, why this forum bigs up bentaleb so much I really don't know don't see anything he does that actually benefits our play and his passing is beyond pathetic. Roll on Sunderland......

Better performance today, but still a worrying lack of cutting edge in this team right now. And I'm pissed at Levy for letting it happen, again.

Don't worry, Kane will still be 3rd highest goalscorer this season... just behind N'Jie & Son!!

Our defence was immense today and anyone who was crying out for a dirty big lump in our midfield can find all we need in Dier...Now all we need is someone else to help put it all together up front.

Best performance so far.....no idea how anyone saw anything near that level in the last three games.

Shame about the finishing and the lack of options. Promising and uplifting, and a goal would have been nice, but not scoring doesnt lessen the effort.

Good game

Absolutely spot on, in control, created chances, Danny back made a difference and with Son coming in we'll have more to aim at than just Harry

Good performance, and with only one of the Baldini babes present it made all the difference for me

Easily best performance of the year.
The whole defence was great today. Rose gave us another option going forward at times as well.
Only 1 stupid mistake (Walker).
Deir was a machine. Mason was great. Kane was everywhere.

Noone had the belief they'd actually score tho :( Even Kane.
I truly believe if he'd scored the 1 on 1 it would have kick started the season.

Back
Top Bottom