Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back from the Lane. Don't know the general reaction on here but my main observations:

• Decent first half with some very good opportunities
  • Brilliant second half, best performance since West Brom away last year
  • Danny Rose is much better than Ben Davies
  • Danny Rose makes Nacer Chadli a much better player
  • Mason was very good, less effective when out wide
  • Dier is getting better and better at DM
  • Jan was much improved
  • Alli looked good again
  • Kane should have scored, but much more involved and I have no doubts
  • Much better atmosphere at WHL, shame it's the players that have to lift the fans rather than vice versa
  • We'll win soon, very positive game

We will beat u lot.

Winning 2-0 vs stoke and ended up drawing.

Proof that your a useless team.

However useless we are, we dont go from challenging for 4th, to relegation battles from one year to the next.
You are a just yoyo club that doesnt go down.

In and out of Europe faster than a jumbo jet mate...took you all those years to break the top 4, and dumped out of the EL within 6 wks of not qualifying for the CL.

Whats your target every season? See who can screech the highest in the Mersyside derby...a derby where you wear half n half scarfs and brothers and mothers sit side by side in different kits.

"Eh! Eh!" Fuck off, your stadium is an old monastery, and the football drier than a nuns cunt.

I thought Levy was bad...you sold Rooney and Lescott for 55M and bought Jermain Beckford. Mug...Even Lineker puts us and Leicester before you, and Andy Gray is die hard Liverpool.

Why dont to wheel out Rocky again to drum up some support...fucking idiot.

Best performance so far.....no idea how anyone saw anything near that level in the last three games.

Shame about the finishing and the lack of options. Promising and uplifting, and a goal would have been nice, but not scoring doesnt lessen the effort.

Good game

Much more encouraging, lots of positives apart from the result.. It just didn't happen. A performance like that would normally end in a 3-0.
I thought Dier was awesome today, and Dembele before he went off.. Any news on that??
Kane is letting the lazy pundits get to him and is trying too hard.. It will come Harry it will come. Dont listen to the Prick pundits get to you.
The atmosphere in the ground was excellent today.. mind you the 17-30 KO helped, lots of well oiled fans in there today..
As for Everton fans, they were shite, all they were singing was Fuck Off Mourinho, and money can't buy you Stones.
Other than the result, the only negative was the amount of stupid freekicks we give away in dangerous areas. We gave loads away near the end and any one of them could've ended in a goal..
Good job the back 4 were on song today, in fact I thought all 4 were superb..
Deserved more but it was an encouraging display..

Am still catching up on the thread as we got back late from the game last night and son has a footy tournament this morning.

Disappointing draw but a great game that we all thoroughly enjoyed. The atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic, even our boys were making up mocking chants for the opposition and singing at the tops of our voices. Nobody had a poor game, Rose was immense, shut down that left side for their attack every time. Chadli looked dangerous every time he got on the ball, Walker was solid, Jan back to his good self and loved Mason further up. Dembele was great until he got injured, I hope that's not it for him now...

To top it off, not only did the boys do the Chirpy parade at the beginning, but on the way home, we pulled up in motorway services for a coffee and my boy sees Bentaleb coming back out to the car right next to us! All 3 boys were suddenly wide awake and around him lol! He was an absolute sweetie with them, signed their shirts and boots and posed for photos, absolutely made their night! Will see if I can figure out how to post the pics when I get back later :)

I must have watched a different match than most of the people on here. I thought we played a tremendous game. We completely dominated the midfield. Dier, Bentaleb and Mason were massive. Jan and Toby were hardly tested at all. Danny Rose is so fucking dynamic. Aside from his finishing, which is normally his strength, I thought Chadli had one of his best games at Spurs, especially creating chances in the first half.

I would have liked to have seen Pritchard 10-15 minutes earlier, but otherwise we didn't have anyone else in the bench to bring in for offensive support. (Lamela appears to be on his way out.). But with Njie and Son coming, that's going to change.

Frustrated with a draw I suppose, but mainly excited about what I am seeing develop on the pitch. COYS.

We will beat u lot.

Winning 2-0 vs stoke and ended up drawing.

Proof that your a useless team.

Hello Everton Football Club.
Totally unprofessional for a Football Club to visit a supporter's forum and post that. So soon before the game as well. I am staggered and I am literally shakig my head in disappointment and disaproval.

Easily our best performance of the season and it's a shame we didn't get the goals to match and it's really frustrating. Arguably our best back five and we looked solid and kept a cleansheet. Thank god we don't have a lump like Lukaku up front, offers absolutely nothing to his team and is dreadful with his back to goal, no wonder Mourinho got rid.

Dier was outstanding. In a positional-sense he was exceptional, he wound Everton players up and he put in some outstanding tackles, especially the one on Cleverley. That was one of the best defensive midfield performances I've seen since Sandro against Man Utd at Old Trafford. Bentaleb still looks off the pace to be honest, I'd have taken him off round about 70 minutes, dropped Mason deeper and brought Pritchard on, shame we waited a while to bring him on.

Felt for Kane, you just had the feeling he'd miss when he was through. Last season he'd have went round Howard and slotted it home. He just needs one though, hopefully against Sunderland. I can't wait for that game though. International break has come at a good time, get Son and Njie in training, another week of fitness for Pritchard and hopefully it's nothing TOO serious for Dembele who impressed me today.

Overall I was happy with the performance but ultimately frustrated with the outcome. Mason could have had a hattrick, his finishing with the first team has always been lackluster. Wasn't he top goalscorer for our youth teams too? Crazy. I was also quite impressed by Alli when he come on, likes to get forward as you'd expect but he's a quick thinker and we lack those.

I'd say Vertonghen, Rose and Dier were our stand out players in a game where our defence wasn't really troubled surprisingly. I'd probably give Dier man of the match due to how solid he was in there.

Why is everyone having a go at the ref??
I can't remember anything he did that particularly bothered me or I at least wasnt stomping about living room in a rage, swearing and hoping he died in hell's fiery pit :)

He was terrible in 2nd half.

Worst ones for me:
Walker Breaking up play and starting a counter by taking the ball with his stomach. Ref blows for hands.

Lukaku going mental - no yellow.
Lukaku (shortly after) violently pulling down a player (Dier perhaps) to stop a counter. No yellow.

Kane being mounted and fucked over by Jagielka or Stones. No freekick. Minutes after they got a freekick for a similar yet not as violent offense.

Naismith and Rose in a duel. Naismith clearly holding Rose, but Everton gets the free kick.

Naismith jumping straight into Nabil, knee raised into the side of Nabil. No free kick (seconds after Naismith stomped Nabils arm as well)

Of the top of my head.... Perhaps you can imagine I was throwing a tantrum in my living room.
I now have 1 broken original painting on my wall.

In the last 15 minutes the ref killed the game by being an absolute utter wanker and the number of times their players go away with elbows and jumping over our players.... AHHHHH :walker-scream::dembelefingers:

We really can't catch a break at the moment. 20-7 in shots, we dominated the game really. Poor finishing from Mason and Kane.

Dier was MOTM. I definitely believe in him as a CDM though this could come back to bite me. Him and Bentaleb form a nice pairing. Once N'Jie, Son, Pritchard, and Alli get fully caught up to speed we'll be a lot more dangerous. Plus Eriksen's return from injury.

Rose will be England's #1 LB by the end of the season. He's a delight to watch.

Today I also enjoyed learning that that dirty bastard Naismith is Rangers' fans' Sol Campbell. Mouthy Glaswegian sat near me came out with choice stuff like "git ta fook ya Albino Judas cunt" every time he went near the ball

Anyone killing Tottenham on today's result is an absolute Tit. Cohesive play vs a quality side and everything but that final product. A young squad which will improve and those goals will come. Plus a side that will only benefit from the recent player signings. Disappointed in only 3 points thru 4 games but gotta be optimistic this early with the current landscape. Love me my Spurs

Last edited:
However useless we are, we dont go from challenging for 4th, to relegation battles from one year to the next.
You are a just yoyo club that doesnt go down.

In and out of Europe faster than a jumbo jet mate...took you all those years to break the top 4, and dumped out of the EL within 6 wks of not qualifying for the CL.

Whats your target every season? See who can screech the highest in the Mersyside derby...a derby where you wear half n half scarfs and brothers and mothers sit side by side in different kits.

"Eh! Eh!" Fuck off, your stadium is an old monastery, and the football drier than a nuns cunt.

I thought Levy was bad...you sold Rooney and Lescott for 55M and bought Jermain Beckford. Mug...Even Lineker puts us and Leicester before you, and Andy Gray is die hard Liverpool.

Why dont to wheel out Rocky again to drum up some support...fucking idiot.
And I thought you hated us lot...

Back
Top Bottom