Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent performance, far better than I was expecting with the line-up. Dier was fucking immense and we had so many shots but illustrates the need for at least one striker, if not two and I'm not sure Berahino is the answer.

Jan was solid today, and Rose was fantastic. First clean sheet as well. Just a shame we couldn't get the goal(s).

Look at the team that finished that match;
Tottenham Hotspur
  • Lloris
  • Walker
  • Alderweireld
  • Vertonghen
  • Rose
  • Dier
  • Bentaleb
  • Alli
  • Pritchard (on for Mason)
  • Chadli
  • Kane
at least 6 or 7 of those would've been part of our Europa League/Carling Cup squad a few years back... some were still in nappies! ...we're playing half a YOUTH team... like it or not, we're way off the finished article... but boy, when we are, we'll be fucking awesome maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!

What clear cut chances did we have? What flowing moves was there? How many times did we rip them open at the back?

I will answer that for you......

None

You obviously didn't watch the game, or weren't paying attention. Either that or you just like being negative.

Kane was through one-on-one, Chadli should have scored, Bentaleb went close, Mason could have scored at least twice, one clean through and many more.

For periods in the first half and in the second we were camped in their half, massively dominating them with possession. Cutting edge missing perhaps, and a lack of clinical finishing but time and again we cut through them without them being there with either no end product or a keeper in form.

What he is saying, and I totally agree, is that if Chadli doesnt score, basically he doesnt exist.
He will never lead our attack and change the game if we are struggling. He rides the wave if we are playing well, and dissapears when we are not.

Remember the shit fest at home to Stoke, 2-0 down and Chadli scpred that great volley. Then what does he do?
Runs to the fans lauding himself off and the entire East stand is screaming at him to get fucking back to the halfway line with the rest of the team.
Not the brightest spark.
I know that is not what he means however that is the choice we had, Townsend, Dembele, Lamela won't do anything in that role though. I guess in short what I am saying is that he is the best of a bad bunch, which I do not believe is an unfair assessment.

Assist vs Tblisi for the fourth goal of the game
Assist vs Tblisi for the fifth goal of the game
Goal vs Aston Villa, Spurs fourth goal of the game
Goal vs Anzi for the second goal of the game
Assist vs Sheriff for the second goal of the game (10 minutes after coming on)
Assist vs Sunderland for Spurs first goal of the game
Assist vs Southampton for Spurs third goal (which won the game 3-2)
Goal vs Benfica Spurs first goal of the game
Goal vs Benfica Spurs second goal of the game
Goal vs Newcastle Spurs fourth goal of the game
Assist vs Sunderland Spurs third goal of the game

Goal vs QPR first goal of the game
Goal vs QPR third goal of the game
Goal vs Sunderland first goal of the game
Goal vs Woolwich first goal of the game
Assist vs Southampton for the first goal of the game
Goal vs Villa first Spurs goal of the game
Goal vs Stoke first Spurs goal of the game
Goal vs Newcastle second Spurs goal (right after half time to calm nerves)
Assist vs Chelsea for Spurs fourth goal
Goal vs Chelsea fifth Spurs goal (solidify our lead)
Assist vs Crystal Palace for the first goal of the game
Assist vs Burnley for the first goal of the game
Goal vs Burnley first goal of the game
Assist vs Leicester for the first goal of the game
Goal vs Swansea First goal of the game
Goal vs Newcastle First goal of the game
Goal vs Southampton second Spurs goal (equaliser)
Goal vs Hull First goal of the game

Goal vs Stoke second goal of the game
Assist vs Leicester for the first goal of the game

^ the colours are there to resemble different seasons.
Totals: 19 goals, 12 assists = 31 goals scored or assisted in 81 games.

This is all of Chadli contributions in a Spurs shirt, he has scored or assisted the first goal 16 times in 81 games. I think to dismiss Chaldi's contribution is foolish and irrelevant considering we have much more pressing concerns than whether or not to play Chadli. By all means lets question his position when the right side is producing but it simply not, thus we shouldn't focus on Chadli just yet! Also notice the improvement between his first and second season, as with the rest of the team he can improve year on year. I also fully believe that with pace on the right opposition defences can be stretched providing room not just for Kane but for Chadli and Eriksen also.

How many did Eriksen assist for Kane. He made 2 all season.
Chadli made 5, Mason 4 and Lamela the shittiest player of all, probably assisted Kane more than anyone with 7.

Eriksen has been massively poor, but is clearly a very good footballer, with the potential to be much, much more.
He suffers from having poor players around him.

Eriksen will shine if Son and Njie are able to stay wide and out of his space.

Chadli has peaked, there is no more to come from him, and its this averageness thats strangling our team.

Way late to the party.

Unlucky not to wine. Falling in love with Dier in the CM. Loving the toughness he, Mason and even Bentaleb show. They all go into tackles hard adding a toughness we've lacked for a long time.

Have to love what Mason and Alli bring to the team. Finally players that want to make runs behind the defense. Hoping that N'jie and Son do the same.

The youth and inexperience in our side is obvious, but it should be a fun ride and watching them grow. When it clicks, I think we'll all be very happy.

Some quality pre-melting going on. We've started the season slow and could easily had a draw and 2 wins from the games.
A pre-fuck you to anyone who says it's a results business.

Who should we put out then? Chadli?

Is it only me that thinks Bentaleb got some really good crosses going on?

Im not his biggest fan, but he has woken up, is working very hard to get back and help the defence and despite his instinct to go backwards, he has still created a bit.

Would be mental to put Pritchard on now for him.

No changes needed for me. Its a good performance. Let them get on with it, and hope that Poch has told them to push on even more. We need a risk taker up front.

Back
Top Bottom