Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

THudd would look to pass the ball forward from time to time which for me is an upgrade, yes. We do have Mason and Bentaleb trying this :avbpray: , but both r still learning. Our virtuosos of the square ball and sidefoot do not compare

Hudd was a sideways passing dallying on the ball slow as feck cunt. Plus he'd become super comfortable with his big pay packet and London lifestyle. You wanna reminisce about midfielders that made the difference then think about Modric, VDV or Gazza not sum fat lump who was by and large useless bar a short run at the tail end of 1 season when Modders carried us into the top 4. Thought he was far better than he was did our Hollywood Hudd.

Something the players will understand? You do know that we got rid of almost all the players from Harry's time? And the ones we have now are supposed to be used to playing either 4231 or 433. Also, 4231 or whatever isn't any more complicated than 442. It's not quantum mechanics ffs.

exactly people put way to much emphasis on the little formation picture that sky slaps up before each match. With our wide players like Chadli and Lamela coming inside and fullbacks overlapping we are effectively playing with 3 strikers and 5 midfielders when we attack but the service ie crossing and thru balls are shit 99 times out of 100. Then there's our set pieces, how hard is it to put sumone on the keeper and hang the ball up between the 6 yard box and the penalty spot.

[formation=352, Lloris, Dier, Vert, Davies, Townsend, Paulinho, Kane, Mason, Chadli, Adebayor, Soldado][/formation]

Fuck it.

That "V" should be inverted...not sure how to fix that and don't really care enough.

Paulinho has been truly awful, but at this point we might as well give him some time playing so we can try to get some money for him when he's dumped in January.

Something the players will understand? You do know that we got rid of almost all the players from Harry's time? And the ones we have now are supposed to be used to playing either 4231 or 433. Also, 4231 or whatever isn't any more complicated than 442. It's not quantum mechanics ffs.
Most the squad have played it and it's much simpler because of it. The players aren't getting what Poch wants them to do - this concerns me as he's had 4+ months.

Truthfully they're underperforming and likely as not in the next few weeks they'll improve, regressing back to the mean of top 6 form

Most the squad have played it and it's much simpler because of it.
Unless by 'most the squad' you mean Lennon, Kaboul and Ade...

Mostly played before joining us (if i'm mistaken about someone, feel free to correct me): Eriksen, Vertonghen - 433, Chadli - 4231/433, Soldado - 4231, Lamela - 4231/433, Stambouli - 433, Capoue - 4141/352 and so on and so forth...

Even Kane/Mason/Townsend are supposed to be more used to 433/4231 (from what i know, our youth and reserve sides alternate between them) than 442.

Last edited:
Unless by 'most the squad' you mean Lennon, Kaboul and Ade...

Mostly played before joining us (if i'm mistaken about someone, feel free to correct me): Eriksen, Vertonghen - 433, Chadli - 4231/433, Soldado - 4231, Lamela - 4231/433, Stambouli - 433, Capoue - 4141/352 and so on and so forth...

Even Kane/Mason/Townsend are supposed to be more used to 433/4231 (from what i know, our youth and reserve sides alternate between them) than 442.

It's very basic either way

The advantage of the 433 is that it covers every position on the field, but if players aren't positionally aware and slotting in, it can leave big gaps. I'm not a fan of 4231 at all. I'd much sooner see a 442 or 433, a 352 or a 451 flat, done effectively. Simple formations to get to grips with.

Hudd was a sideways passing dallying on the ball slow as feck cunt. Plus he'd become super comfortable with his big pay packet and London lifestyle. You wanna reminisce about midfielders that made the difference then think about Modric, VDV or Gazza not sum fat lump who was by and large useless bar a short run at the tail end of 1 season when Modders carried us into the top 4. Thought he was far better than he was did our Hollywood Hudd.

fair enough, thudd was lazy and not too athletic. i will admit that i have a soft spot for players who seem to do alright in spite of such defects. But he was pretty good against Inter and others in the next season, lest we forget. and I think you understate the indomitable Hudd's contribution the year before, when Modric had not yet reached later heights. Overall, on a scale of Sandro to Zokora, I would rate the Hudd in a class by himself
:ledleylick:

Just started a thread in the sub-forum but not sure that gets much traffic.

Any ideas for pubs? I was in the Brickmakers last year, but there were home and away fans in there so didn't get much atmosphere.

Anyone know any away only pubs?

i want spurs playing 2 holding/fighting Midfield and ryan mason plays as one of attacking role(AM) dont mind with formation(even i more like 4-3-2-1/3-5-2 without target man).

notes: i have another crazy idea to playing trio Eriksen-Mason-Lamela as 3 creative midfielder in 4-2-3-1(i called it Golden Dragonfly) with 1 false Defensive Midfielder,using Centre Back as our cover when(again) duo wingback/fullback attacking.
[formation=4231, Hugo, Vlad / Dier, Kaboul / Fazio, Verts, Rose / Davies, False DM, Benji / Capoue, Lamela, Mason, Eriksen, Chadli / Kane][/formation]

Just my opinion.:dwi:
:smesh:

Whats to motivate him? Serve the club for 10 years and get fucked off to Hull without even so much of a standing ovation.....while the top player in that position is benched for no reason.
That's football though init. Not like Spurs are guilty of anything out of the ordinary in this regard. Cech's going through the same thing at Chelsea. Part and parcel of the game I'm afraid.

---------------------Lloris-----------------------
Kaboul-----Dier-----Vertonghen----Rose
-----------------Stambouli---------------------
-------------Mason-----Eriksen--------------
Lamela---------------------------------Chadli
---------------------Kane-----------------------

---------------------Lloris-----------------------
Kaboul-----Dier-----Vertonghen----Rose
-----------------Stambouli---------------------
-------------Mason-----Eriksen--------------
Lamela---------------------------------Chadli
---------------------Kane-----------------------
Maybe Kaboul from about 2-3 years ago at RB. He'd get absolutely torn to shreds out wide by most League 2 battlers!

[formation="4411, Hugo, Vlad, Kaboul, Verts, Davies, Lamela, Stambouli, Mason, Chadli, Soldado, Kane"][/formation]
Vlad thinks he is Gheorge Hagi anyway so lets have him bombing down the right when Lamela comes inside. Eriksen on for any of Chadli, Lamela, Kane or Soldado if they are doing nothing.

That's football though init. Not like Spurs are guilty of anything out of the ordinary in this regard. Cech's going through the same thing at Chelsea. Part and parcel of the game I'm afraid.

Maybe so.......its one thing if the team improves after you are sidelined though, Ive got nothing against people losing their place in the team for a better replacement.

But have we really improved on Defoe, Dawson, the old Lennon and Parker?

Back
Top Bottom