Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As good as he has been, I'm still not sure Kane is suited to being the lone striker. I think he's played best with Ade/Soldado up there with him. Dembele has not done enough to warrant a start at all.

..................Lloris
Dier Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
........Stambouli Mason
Lamela.......Kane.........Chadli
................Soldado

Kaboul has been shocking but had his best game with JV. Hopefully he can use these 2 weeks to focus on getting back to the basics and re-learning to clear the ball from the box. Obviously going to be too soon for Walker to be back so Dier replaces Naughton. Rose has been caught out a few times for goals recently but won't be away on internationals so should be fitter and fresher than Davies for this one, assuming he plays for Wales

Eriksen or Lamela at the moment, not sure we can accommodate both and if we do we play 1 striker which we have struggled with. Capoue has been poor and Stambouli has showed he can get stuck in and showed some fight alongside a bit of skill, so hopefully he will get a chance in the centre of midfield for us.

Tough game either way, think we'll nick it by the odd goal at best.

Whilst I agree, I don't feel Kane deserves to be dropped. He's still our only striker/forward looking like scoring. Plus, we're leaking like shit so we need to go back to basics, keep our midfield compact, Dembele and Stambouli offers us stability, Stambouli to sit infront of defence, Dembele to keep possession, both to get it Mason as quick as possible to make things happen.

Chadli is undroppable at the moment as he seems to be scoring every other game, so starts at default. I'd have him on the right, Eriksen on the left mainly because he is best there, all his best games for us have come there so we need to play him there and honestly right now? I'd have Eriksen over Lamela.

Wouldn't necessarily mind your line up however. As long as Stambouli starts that is fine by me, mainly because it means Capoue more than likely won't be.

Dan D Dan D Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Chiriches filled in a RB for Romania?

Surely with his experience he's a better option than Dier? The kid has been thrown in the deep end and after initially taking to it like a dolphin, lately he's been more like a soggy carrier bag floating around on the surface, just drifting around with no real direction or coordination.

#MyAnalogyBringsAllTheBoysToTheYard

[formation=4231, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Stambouli, Mason, Chadli, Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]
No Naughton, shame as he looks ok.
Fazio over Kaboul, Davies over Rose. Countless amounts of goals this season from Danny not tracking back, sucking the left CB over and then when the ball arrives in the box Kaboul doesn't deal with it (Capoue not exactly tracking/being a shield). If Davies cant get in the team now, when can he? Kaboul never the right choice for captain.
Stambouli over Capoue, need something dynamic. Capoue is another Kaboul in front of defence and the 2 together are a disaster.
Attacking 3; take some responsibility off of Eriksen and put him on the left. Soldado and Lamela link up well. Chadli to come in, be second striker where possible.
Hard to drop Kane, but I feel like he struggled a little at stoke, albeit got his head on a few. Keep him in Europe this season and on as sub in the prem. Don't want to see Ade again.

i dont know why people always pick 4-2-3-1 formation are our 3 creative player really done well?

same question for Duo 2 holding midfielder(i loved ryan mason but he seems not really well in duo 4-"2"-3-1,i want he playing in 3 creative mid he can support defence using his pressure skill).

our player really attacking when play possession football,seriously i saw they waiting/running for some through ball even opponent playing parking bus(or it just only my feeling??).

4-3-2-1 (with 2 really defensive midfield so rose and dier can more a little bit calm if they late to cover defense,and no striker) or 3-5-2 (with no striker in 1st half,sub in kane if there a good chance)

why i always using "no stiker" in my post,after i analyze spurs both mid and defence cant support our forward.(no delicious assist for them).

Just my opinion .
:smesh:

[formation=4312, Lloris, Vlad, Dier, Verts, Rose, Dembele, Benji, Mason, Chadli, Kane, Soldado][/formation]
EDIT: Fuck it - can't support my formation.

Lets go old skool

-------------------------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------------------------
-----Vlad-------------------Dier---------------------------------Verts--------------------------Rose-----
------------------Dembele--------------------Benji-------------------Mason-----------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Chadli--------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------Kane-------------------------Soldado----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Dan D Dan D Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Chiriches filled in a RB for Romania?

Surely with his experience he's a better option than Dier? The kid has been thrown in the deep end and after initially taking to it like a dolphin, lately he's been more like a soggy carrier bag floating around on the surface, just drifting around with no real direction or coordination.

#MyAnalogyBringsAllTheBoysToTheYard
he played as RB in the match vs. Hungary but that was an exception,the match ended 1-1 home ,and Vlad played fairly well,but not perfect....he can play there but i don't think is a solution for a long term as RB for Spurs,just in case of emergency,when all RB missing due to injuries or suspensions ,like he did for the national team of Romania,anyway it's possible now that he will leave the team (Spurs) soon,said the press here in a transfer or a loan term in this winter.

he played as RB in the match vs. Hungary but that was an exception,the match ended 1-1 home ,and Vlad played fairly well,but not perfect....he can play there but i don't think is a solution for a long term as RB for Spurs,just in case of emergency,when all RB missing due to injuries or suspensions ,like he did for the national team of Romania,anyway it's possible now that he will leave the team (Spurs) soon,said the press here in a transfer or a loan term in this winter.
Absolutely only a temporary solution, but we have no Walker or Naughton so we're in a desperate situation. Dier is not a RB, and his skill set does not lend itself to being a full back either. I feel Vlad would do a job there.

No doubt he'd prove me wrong!

Absolutely only a temporary solution, but we have no Walker or Naughton so we're in a desperate situation. Dier is not a RB, and his skill set does not lend itself to being a full back either. I feel Vlad would do a job there.

No doubt he'd prove me wrong!
he can play there ,yes,despite is not his natural place,he did this for Romania 2 or 3 times until now as RB,when we had problems here,but is considered CB (right side) at the national team.

Definitely keen to see Stambouli play as I don't think I have seen him play at all. Davies to come in for Rose, I know Rose has improved but Davies is the better defender, and that is what we need to address.

Keep Kane and put Soldado up with him, the pair can interchange who is the front man and who drops deeper.

Eriksen on the bench - not everything is right there currently but unquestionably capable of something that none of our other players are.

Lloris

Dier
Vertonghen
Kaboul/Fazio
Davies

Mason
Stambouli
Dembele

Chadli - if he keeps scoring then it is impossible to drop him.
Kane
Soldado

Appreciate the front three looks a little over the place but they have done all season, at least these three seem to either have developed an understanding, or are scoring.

Kaboul would be better off at right back as he can bomb forward and give us some width. However, when he filled in there before he had Dawson shouting at him telling him to get in the correct position.

We can't defend for shit right now. As much as I think Kaboul needs dropping, Fazio is an accident waiting to happen each game it seems. It was clear at the start of pre season that Walker was fucked, anyone can see he won't be playing any time before Christmas, if that so why we didn't seriously address the RB situation is beyond me. Buying Yedlin - an unproven talent - was not the answer nor was loaning him back.

The two holding midfielders are not offering enough protection to the backline and it is stiffling our creativity, so I think we need to look at outscoring and attacking more than the opposition.

I appreciate that Poch is limited with the players at his disposal, but he isn't exactly covering himself in glory with a lack of a plan B. So I think we need to go more attacking. A couple of wins will push is back up the table, as more losses build up we could get sucked into something we don't want, early or not. Therefore I think we should (but won't) go for:

[formation=433, Lloris, Dier, Kaboul (regretfully), Vertonghen, Davies, Eriksen, Stambouli, Mason, Lamela, Kane, Chadli][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom