Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We'll win this game easily, just due to the fact we're not playing Europa for a while.

3-1 win, a ray of hope and a sign of improvement....

Before we get smashed by Everton the week after, followed by losing 6-0 to Chelsea and that will be the end of Poch I'm afriad :pochbye: Not the best time for us to be playing two big games.

Just here to bring you your daily dose of optimism :freundgoal:

Won't bother putting down a formation. It's become a pointless pseudo-science where everyone can justify their line ups with imaginary arguments. No ones place should be assured other than Jan, Lloris and Chadli. The current favorites just aren't doing it.

Worth noting, Hull play with 3 at the back which means there's space on the wings. Considering this, seems weird everyone is spamming inverted wingers. Perfect game for Townsend

I'm going for a 2-2 draw. But a loss wouldn't suprise me at all.

----------------lloris--------------
Kaboul---dier---vert----davies--
--------mason--dembele--
------------eriksen--------------
Lennon--------------townsend
------------kane-------------

Ive started to enjoy this "2 from 8" vibe.......1-0 to Hull, Geovanni rocket.

Statistically speaking, we should be playing the likes of Real in the CL 1/4's in about 20 months!!!

COYS!!

:memeokay:

Last edited:
It would be sweet to get back to winning ways.

Another defeat and the Spurs World will have a massive meltdown. Won't be healthy.

Wish we still had The Hudd. With his mind and pass no pace was needed.

Vorm
Chiriches Dier Fazio Rose
Vertonghen
Stambouli Eriksen
Lamela Kane Chadli

Wish we still had The Hudd. With his mind and pass no pace was needed.

Vorm
Chiriches Dier Fazio Rose
Vertonghen
Stambouli Eriksen
Lamela Kane Chadli

I like Thudd but jebus he was proper rotten come the end, we managed to starve all the skill outta him. Some of his latter performances were diabolical

Last edited:
How I wish we had Hudd alongside Ryan Mason in the middle. The right workhorse alongside of him and he wasn't much of a liability and a joy to watch

A lot of players with the precise mentality we are missing now were fobbed off way too quickly for the shiney new toys that was supposed to have us challenging for titles etc by now..

Id have Hudd, Parker (even just in a coaching role), Defoe, and Dawson especially all back in an instant.

I was quick to dismiss how important Holtbys energy was......but fuck me he could bring a lot to our game in terms of effort and passion and some vision.

No wonder Lennon's head has dropped......look at how we feel about our regression since THAT 4th season...he's actually living it. And people question his motivation.

Whats to motivate him? Serve the club for 10 years and get fucked off to Hull without even so much of a standing ovation.....while the top player in that position is benched for no reason.

I wish this game was at home, the atmosphere might be quite good then.

But is isn't and this will happen.

We will play OK and win 2-0 or something, fairly comfortable and people will say we are turning a corner, a few players will play particularly well and one of the players will say we are in this together have to fight in every game etc etc.

Then, at the next home PL match v Everton, people will think we are back on track, atmosphere will be shit and we will stutter to a drab draw or lose and people will boo again.

Mr positivity me.

Back
Top Bottom