Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe so.......its one thing if the team improves after you are sidelined though, Ive got nothing against people losing their place in the team for a better replacement.

But have we really improved on Defoe, Dawson, the old Lennon and Parker?

Defoe - No, maybe Kane long term but he's more a Sheringham type striker, Soldado and Ade drive me nuts.

Dawson - Hard to argue either way, was declining but Kaboul has not been consistant, and our defence hardly gets good protection.

Lennon - Lennon is not the player he was, Chadli at least knocks goals in.

Parker - No way like 3 men on the pitch (before his legs went) different level to Capoue, we miss a young Parker as much as Bale or Modric, Parker gave us a spine, as that talk all day Gibbsy poster used to say about soft Spurs and all that, we are back to being a mentally weak team again, Parker made us strong.

Defoe - No, maybe Kane long term but he's more a Sheringham type striker, Soldado and Ade drive me nuts.

Dawson - Hard to argue either way, was declining but Kaboul has not been consistant, and our defence hardly gets good protection.

Lennon - Lennon is not the player he was, Chadli at least knocks goals in.

Parker - No way like 3 men on the pitch (before his legs went) different level to Capoue, we miss a young Parker as much as Bale or Modric, Parker gave us a spine, as that talk all day Gibbsy poster used to say about soft Spurs and all that, we are back to being a mentally weak team again, Parker made us strong.

In fairness, its a redundant point:

Dawson, Parker, Lennon and arguably Defoe* were/are all on the decline due to age/injury and the blame can't really be laid at Arry, AVB, Sherwood nor Poch's door. Much like in interstellar - time is the villain.

*With Defoe my personal opinion is that it was less of a decline but more of an acknowledgement that he was never going to kick on. Even when he was 28 in my head I still (naively) saw him as a brilliant raw striker with potential.

who's the ref for this one?

No idea if that's a good or a bad thing. He does look as haunted as our fanbase after the Stoke match, though.

Edit: just done a little research. He's only been refereeing at PL level for the past couple of seasons (this is his 20th PL game, I think), and has refereed two of our matches before:

Norwich 1-0 Spurs last season (fucking post-Europa shite, that one).
Sunderland 2-2 Spurs this season.

I don't remember him being shit/noticeable in either game. But it's a small sample size, etc, etc.

Last edited:
I remember watching euro in rabat a couple of years ago. Its just amazing, the passion, atmosphere and nightlife in malta is awesome
The passion for football is amazing, and due to the level the local game is played, the majority of people support either Italian or English teams. I have been out there for World Cups and its a brilliant atmosphere, in fact I watched the 1966 World Cup Final in the local football club, as my uncle, who we were staying with, didn't have a telly. The celebrations were noisier and more intense than anything that happened in the UK, we were dancing in the streets (I only remember because we have an old cine film of that holiday).

In fairness, its a redundant point:

Dawson, Parker, Lennon and arguably Defoe* were/are all on the decline due to age/injury and the blame can't really be laid at Arry, AVB, Sherwood nor Poch's door. Much like in interstellar - time is the villain.

*With Defoe my personal opinion is that it was less of a decline but more of an acknowledgement that he was never going to kick on. Even when he was 28 in my head I still (naively) saw him as a brilliant raw striker with potential.

The point isnt redundant because we have gone backwards with the players we signed to replace them

Lloris
Dier ----- Fazio ---- VERTS, FFS!!! ---- Davies (pleaseeee?)
Capoue ---------- Mason
Lamela ------------------------------ Chadli
Soldado ----------- Kane​

Cue Dawson to be anything but Dawson and suddenly become the best CB ever....
:pochserious:
There is good chance he'll have a blinder, apart from the usual jinx stuff, ... :

Dawson excels at defending against attacking plays coming straight onto the defence, whereas he always struggles at defending against crosses and passes coming in from wide, then opposition wide players has gone behind the defence.

Seeing as we are terminally shit at getting behind defences, there's a good chance that we will suit his defending quite well, unfortunately.

I wish him all the best, just rather not this weekend, thanks.

I read through our predictions and Im just so bored of our team sheet....dont care what formation or combination of players we use, Im just sick of this fucking team right now.

Here's my prediction: Any 11. Lose.

Whoopdy fucking Doo

Maybe so.......its one thing if the team improves after you are sidelined though, Ive got nothing against people losing their place in the team for a better replacement.

But have we really improved on Defoe, Dawson, the old Lennon and Parker?

Yes we have.

Unfortunately we didn't replace King, Luka, Bale and Rafa when they left.

Fortress WHL may be crumbling, but Hey, chin up lads, we're away... not home... we win away these days!! Not like the 'soft-centered Southern softies' of bygone years that always used to get a spanking whenever they travelled out of their South of Watford... anywhere within the M25... A406 A10 comfort zone!!

Back
Top Bottom