Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane is a legend already in my view. A real talent, a natural goal scorer and Spurs through and through, he is the nemesis of everything bad about our club. He should be the first name on the team sheet in my view.

We did not deserve 3 points today though. Villa are hard done by, overall we were ....how should I put this? Worryingly bad. The points paint over the cracks.

Where are the Kane smileys Admin Admin ?
here's one;
vlcsnap-2011-04-22-00h30m57s48.png

Just got home. Can't be bothered with any of the negative shit that I'm sure is all over here! We got the 3 points and Kane got the goal he has deserved for some time!! I AM STOKED!!!! UP THE SPURS!!!

Who was lower tier and down the front for our second celebration?

One of you cunts stole my programme and I want it back. That was £3.

I love Kane and certainly would be very amenable to him starting but you can understand why Pochettino is being cautious with him. Never want to bring along a young player to quickly and stifle their growth. Townsend, for example. Especially with the upheaval at the moment, Kane could become a goat quickly. Just look at Ade, scored last game but no one seems to remember.
This. Kane is still very young and his goals have come against championship standard clubs. Our massive problem is Soldado and Ade somehow these two have to find a way to start scoring. IMO playing Harry now and relying on him to be our talisman this season will be the end of us (no way is he good enough). He can still come on in 2nd half a play against a worn out Villa defence if these other two lemons are still firing blanks.

Kane is not the problem nor is he the answer. Soldado & Ade are the problem and Poch has to get them to come up with the answers.

Poch gotta start rewarding the so called 'cup-players' with some PL starts.
Otherwise, what's the point for both sets of players? No incentive.

First and foremost, Kane gotta be starting. It's about freaking time!
I don't care if it's in place of Ade (as a lone ST) or in place of someone like Chadli (to be used as a 2nd ST).

Other than that, I'm tempted to add Benji in that list too.
Capoue's form hasn't been great for the past couple of games. And maybe he needs as bit more competition. Stambouli has impressed me every time I've seen him play, including the game vs Brighton. I love his quickness to pass the ball and his eagerness to try to keep a tidy one-touch tempo going on. His passing is accurate and he knows how to spread the ball. And then there's is defensive aspect ... he's quite the aggressive player.

So yeah, I'd go with:

Lloris
Naughton - Kaboom - Verts - Rose
Benji - Mason
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane​

Villa haven't scored since September 13th. We are so fucked. I'd rather play a team in incredible form like when we played Southampton than teams in a tailspin.

I think that the underlying issue about our team is simple - we lack quality (Bale. Modric, VDV level)

Therefore we are going to have to compensate (to a degree) with organisation and total commitment. If Poch can't get that right then we might be much closer to relegation than top 4, and almost inevitably all we will win will be the sack race, once more.
If that happens, then hopefully the board will put together the clues and realise who the hiring manager was, and work out that its more than likely that he is the problem.

I believe that we do have sufficient quality, given the right team choices and formations to push for a top 6 finish.

Our lack of quality makes it more difficult to pick up wins whilst trying to put together a shape / system. We don't have that one player, Bale for example, that could just do something out of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom