Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where are the Kane smileys Admin Admin ?
Not exactly a smiley, but .......... BOO!

IlliterateNeedyAnemonecrab.gif

Harry, Harry Kane ... Harry, Harry Kane!

Seriously though. What the hell happened today? We started so brightly, looking dangerous on every attack then conceded and it just went to shit. Still credit to Mason, Kane and to a certain extent Andros and Chadli for turning it around. Mason and Kane for obvious reasons but Chadl I thought was one of our only threats at times so it was no surprise to see him put in the equalizer. Also Andros was dangerous, won both set pieces we scored from and it goes to show how useful a player that can start attacks single handedly is. That and the fact he's not shooting anymore too!

Just a small note, I thought our fans were excellent tonight, I could hear our fans over theirs for the majority of the match despite us being cack, we should be more like that at home
they should designate an 'away-home' section in the Park Lane... for all those who go away and want to sing!

You young lucky bastard.

Agreed.... god if anyone things this is the WORST they have seen they have no idea, sad thing is thats fine if they are kids, its the people in their 50's and 60's thinking we have a divine right to be a success, not remember 97-05 christ!

well that was a big of wank today. despite the win, i think that's the worst we've played this season. our defence didn't have a clue and i don't remember capoue doing anything. if there's one thing that this game proved, talent doesn't mean shit unless you got the desire and hunger to back it up with. hats off to kane, he single handedly won the game for us. our overpaid stars should take a leaf out of his book and show some desire and guts.

ps. did poch tell ade to take off his hat or something? man has been terrible for a couple of games now. his finishing was shocking

I'm just gonna go right ahead and take credit for this win. I recently got a rather nice looking spurs pint glass out of which I was drinking during our 5-1 win in the Europa league. Unfortunately, I then managed to drop it before the loss to Newcastle. I then got a new spurs glass which was not as nice as the last one but still did the job. I called in sick today so I could drink out of it during the match which we eventually won! You're welcome. :freund:

Kane got lucky with the goal, but immediately came on chasing the ball, looking for opportunities and getting into positions that Ade is too lazy to do. That's the difference.

Mason & Chadli had a solid game. At one point with Kaboul out on the edge of our box he actually looked like he had some agility back... Poch's training sessions must be benefiting him so hopefully we'll get a Kaboul of 2-3 years ago back. Here's hoping anyway!

Townsend played well too.

Next week:

Lloris,
Naughton - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Townsend - Eriksen - Mason - Lamela - Chadli
Kane

Could have been a defender though :)
TBH I cannot see us scoring. We had a great chance first half, but as usual never took it. Nobody wants to take responsibility, step up, beat a man and take a dig. Always looking to palm it off onto someone when the should be going at the man and making it happen.
Also, there is a total lack of movement into open spaces on the flanks. We are not moving there defenders about. Therefore everyone is bunched up in the middle and we are not opening them up for someone to come in through the middle
FFS. I'll gladly eat my words.
This is exactly what we needed. I mean, we have been dire at times today and I think we got away with it, but this is exactly what we needed, some luck and a win. At least we showed some fucking fight second half, but Benteke helped us and I think Harry spurred us on. Mason needs someone else with him in the midfield. Someone as dynamic and quick but with some steel. Is Benji that player?
Capoue is sometimes just a bit too cumbersome and slow. When he's not on form he's hard to trust. Always seems to be there but not stopping anyone coming through.
Not pleased with the performance, but especially pleased for the travelling army. Levy should have come down from the Gods and been on that pitch clapping them.
Brought back memories when I was up there in 79, 2-0 down with about 15 to go and won 3-2.

So pleased for Harry. Poch got very very lucky today, let's hope he learns from his mistakes.

Well done to Mason today, okay he provoked Benteke and maye could have got punished, but he showed passion and effectively got Benteke sent off and along with Kane changed the game.

That's what you get with local players and why Sherwood was so right in his comments the other day.

Back
Top Bottom