Tottenham Hotspur have just finished 3rd in the Premier League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The failure yesterday was partly attitude but definitely tactical. You don't go 3 at the back against a Benitez side EVER, I don't care if they've got 11 players or 7 on the pitch. The guy owes his career to counter attacking football on the break and we played right into his hands.

You can blame the players for their performance, but it's the tactics that killed us. Poch learned a number of lessons from his first season in charge to the second - let's hope he learned another lesson yesterday.

Now the season is over we can get some perspective. See our recent record. 70 points is same as 2010, less than 2013 & 0nly 1 point more than 2014 & 2012. Whilst the position of 3rd is better that is more about the opposition not getting the points. Our best season is 2013 because we got 72 points.
We should have the most points ever but due to that shitty performance have not and this has ruined the opportunity to claim our best league performance in years

The critical difference is goal difference. Genuine title chasing sides throughout Premier League history have finished with +30 or better goal differences. This season was a statistical anomaly for the table yet we have a great GD even with yesterday - which is a genuine sign of progress. Getting 3rd with a title contending GD is some way better than 4th with a highly interior GD.

"Losing 5-1 is frustrating. Losing 5-1 to a relegated team only adds to the woe. Losing 5-1 to a relegated team with ten men piles more woe on top of woe. Losing 5-1 to a relegated team with ten men and allowing your rivals to overtake you on the final day is absolutely exceptional work. Tottenham didn’t so much shoot themselves in the foot as bathe in hot oil before jumping into a fire."

As shitty as I feel about yesterday I must admit this made me laugh. It shouldn't, but it did. How fucked up is that?
You have to laugh, otherwise you cry. "Spursey" at its best

5-6 maybe an understatement as another clear out is imminent.

The way I feel now in addition to Mason, Fazio, Bentelab id get rid of Walker, Verts, Chadli, Davies, Carroll(despite supporting him earlier), Vorm, Son (if he chooses the Olympics) and even Eriksen as I don't like bottlers who go missing when things get tough!

Still confident that Poch will sort things out with Levy's backing.

Going off topic but just looked at that challenge from Mitrovic

Leg breaker and don't want that cunt anywhere near our club!
Must get a 6 match ban for that and Sissoko should get 3 for one of the most blatant dives of the season missed by that twat Taylor who shd spend next season refine the championship!
There will be no one left.:levystare:

its a pain in the arse to finish what should have been our best season like this ....but just think of the champions league theme music ....ahhh cant wait
Spot on , the essance to all this anguish A disapointing finish to a great season. Its a shame. Its still our best season, for a long time, we just need to pace ourselves a little better.

Last edited:
What does it say that the bunch of rejects at Leicester City that you all love to make fun of actually have a winner's mentality and our crop of assholes don't?

Fucking inexplicable that Morgan, Huth, Okazaki, Ulloa, Mark fucking Albrighton etc. have a stronger mentality than Eriksen, Vertonghen, Kane, Dier etc. They should be ashamed of themselves.

We need to get rid of this choking, cowardly, soft-centred tag or we will never win anything. We are mush.

What does it say that the bunch of rejects at Leicester City that you all love to make fun of actually have a winner's mentality and our crop of assholes don't?

Fucking inexplicable that Morgan, Huth, Okazaki, Ulloa, Mark fucking Albrighton etc. have a stronger mentality than Eriksen, Vertonghen, Kane, Dier etc. They should be ashamed of themselves.

We need to get rid of this choking, cowardly, soft-centred tag or we will never win anything. We are mush.
That's on the manager mate.

Leicester weren't winning that league without anyone but Ranieri. The belief he gave those players was incredible.

Then go support Barcelona you clueless cheating twat
Barcelona have lost 6 games this season.

don-draper-shrug.jpg

That thin veil of yours is getting thinner with every post!

The title of this thread says it all...
We should be REJOICING this week... we finished a place HIGHER than we DARED hope to believe we could in August (and no CL Quals)...
And yet somehow... SOMEHOW I feel so low at HOW we ended up 3rd, it's taken almost all the gloss off it.

Whilst we trudged out of St Janes' ... resigned to a 21st year of accepting out fate, clubs like Chelsea and Newcastle were celebrating the weekend away... WHAT THE FUCK FOR???
HOW DO WE MANAGE TO DO THAT?
And why can't WE have one... just FUCKING ONE END OF SEASON PARTY where it doesn't feel like the world has just fallen in, and God is wearing a Gooner top whilst sneering that dispicible gloating smug cunt grin that only Gooners manage to contort...

Pretended football didn't exist since the 3rd went in didn't even know it finished 5-1 until just now personally I've never been as disgusted at Spurs as I am right now a truly pathetic effort and confirmation this side doesn't have the balls to truly compete.

Has anyone ever lost 5-1 to an already relegated side before ? Woolwich will dine off this for the next 50 years it's fucking embarrassing.

I'm ready to take pelters for this, but I'll say it anyway.

We were never winning that league. Once it became clear Leicester weren't going to fold, the fairytale was made play out. They should have conceded four penalties in two games, 3 were blatant handballs, not to mention the Huth-rapes. Somehow they all went unpunished.

Now look at the what has happened. Leicester is now huge in Thailand. More millions pouring into the Fattest-cat league in the World.

I'm not saying it was a fix, but I do believe things were helped along

anyone who looks back on this season in years to come and thinks positively about it , are mad in the head

and that is a real tragedy, as the majority of the season has been special , no denying it , but how you finish matters most and this whole debacle leaves a sour taste

How you finish matters most......in terms of the feelings among fans over the summer, and hopefully how Poch and the squad responds in preseason/the transfer window.

Not necessarily in terms of how we look back on it in years to come though. If all that Poch has built implodes from the start of next season and onwards, then you're right. But if this team - however many of the current squad will still be around - continues their path and achieves true success, then this season will imo be the one, we all look back at as where it all shifted and we moved into the elite. Regardless of the last month of the season.

Agreed with this. Especially EL. I made it clear how I lost respect for Pochettino for fielding a weakened team against Dortmund. Almost taking the cowards way out.

I want us to win every game. We do double training sessions to be able to combat two games in a week.

We do double sessions to be able to put in as hard a shift as humanly possibly for 90 minutes. Whether you can do 90 minutes at that click twice a week is about restitution, not double sessions. And squad depth, which hopefully will be addressed in the summer.

One thing we have to remind ourselves is our players are not fans like us. (besides Kane) Most of them couldn't give a fuck if they finished above Woolwich. Sure they might say they do, but they don't really feel the same about it as we do.

I think it was natural after the Chelsea result, our heads dropped and a lot of the players mentally checked out.

That being said these are still highly paid professionals and the effort shown the last 3 matches was totally unacceptable. Just going through the motions. Overall, it was a very successful season, however it is hard not to be left with a sour taste on how it ended.
I get that players are "not fans"... but if that's the case... why did we have Hazard & Fabregas acting like cunts sorry, FANS by goading us before the Chelsea game... and TOTAL CUNT FUCKERS like Schezney & Podolski acting like gloating smug 'once a Gooner always a Gooner' cunts after 2nd was 'secured'?

May not be professional... but it did the job before the Chelsea game, mentally distracting us enough to ALSO act equally as unprofessionally by pissing away the chance of 2nd... and SHUTTING THOSE DISPICIBLE CUNTS UP FOR ONCE IN 21 FUCKING YEARS!
One point from TWO games woulda done it...
Not TOO much to Cunting ask is it PRESH?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom