Tottenham Hotspur have just finished 3rd in the Premier League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing we have to remind ourselves is our players are not fans like us. (besides Kane) Most of them couldn't give a fuck if they finished above Woolwich. Sure they might say they do, but they don't really feel the same about it as we do.

I think it was natural after the Chelsea result, our heads dropped and a lot of the players mentally checked out.

That being said these are still highly paid professionals and the effort shown the last 3 matches was totally unacceptable. Just going through the motions. Overall, it was a very successful season, however it is hard not to be left with a sour taste on how it ended.

Even if they don't get local rivalries - their job is still to win football matches, so if they are only motivated by money they should still try as the more they win the better they will be paid.

The last four games completely killed the season for me, utter shambles. The players should be embarrassed, bottling cunts all of them. Poch included.
The only embarrassing thing here is your childish melting. Do you expect us to win every single game?

Chelsea aside - if the other 3 results occurred 10 games apart during the season - no big deal. It's called regression to mean and happens to every team bar the Champions (less so)

Get a fucking grip and some perspective of what we've achieved this season without the presence of ANY world-class players in our team bar 1-2 potentials

Fucking new-age Champions League JCL cunts - Sin-Bin me if you wish, don't give a fuck - reading the OMT yesterday was embarrassing.

The last four games completely killed the season for me, utter shambles. The players should be embarrassed, bottling cunts all of them. Poch included.
Apart from his ridiculous comments regarding not caring about finishing above Woolwich, I genuinely believe the players let him down. I hope he knocked a few of them about after yesterday.

The only embarrassing thing here is your childish melting. Do you expect us to win every single game?

Chelsea aside - if the other 3 results occurred 10 games apart during the season - no big deal. It's called regression to mean and happens to every team bar the Champions (less so)

Get a fucking grip and some perspective of what we've achieved this season without the presence of ANY world-class players in our team bar 1-2 potentials

Fucking new-age Champions League JCL cunts - Sin-Bin me if you wish, don't give a fuck - reading the OMT yesterday was embarrassing.
Fuck off you lego playing monkey, as if that was any other game. That was the worst performance I have ever seen, players so disinterested when we could finish above Woolwich for the first time in 20 years. Absolutely criminal, they should all be fined and jailed for the summer

Fuck off you lego playing monkey, as if that was any other game. That was the worst performance I have ever seen, players so disinterested when we could finish above Woolwich for the first time in 20 years. Absolutely criminal, they should all be fined and jailed for the summer
Drunken fool - go lie down

There is over rejoicing when all's well then melting' when all's bad-its wrong. Im as gutted as the next person but I will not go into this spiral of negativity that seems to be gathering momentum on here. Most seem to be feeling sorry for them selves rather than look at the bigger picture. We are all feeling pissed but i know and am happy to wait because our time will come.

You learn to lose as much as you learn to win. Yes, we were promised so much, by the way we were playing. The media brought us into the title race, a race we were always handicapped as we were always chasing and in Europe. The decision to leave EL and concentrate on the PL was wrong because this is the fall out. You have to play every game to win regardless of occasion and then the achievements will take care of them selves.

How many on here, who are 'melting' wanted us out of the EL to concentrate on the PL. I personally feel this is where it all goes wrong. we mustn't pick and choose our games. We must want to win every game.

I'm still genuinely laughing at how Poch furiously brought on Carroll and Onomah in an attempt to drag a performance out of us.

Our squad is pony.

Fine with Poch, apparently according to the ITK (maybe true or false) he is beyond fuming and ripped the players to pieces after the game and was genuinely shocked at how players he trusted let him down.

I am still hurt from what happened. The silver lining is that Poch now knows after these few games the real squad when it's under pressure or when it has little to play for.

I wouldn't be surprised if we bought 5-6 first teamers in the summer to build real competition after this and moved out the weaker players. It could speed up our development as a team.

5-6 maybe an understatement as another clear out is imminent.

The way I feel now in addition to Mason, Fazio, Bentelab id get rid of Walker, Verts, Chadli, Davies, Carroll(despite supporting him earlier), Vorm, Son (if he chooses the Olympics) and even Eriksen as I don't like bottlers who go missing when things get tough!

Still confident that Poch will sort things out with Levy's backing.

Going off topic but just looked at that challenge from Mitrovic

Leg breaker and don't want that cunt anywhere near our club!
Must get a 6 match ban for that and Sissoko should get 3 for one of the most blatant dives of the season missed by that twat Taylor who shd spend next season refine the championship!

anyone who looks back on this season in years to come and thinks positively about it , are mad in the head

and that is a real tragedy, as the majority of the season has been special , no denying it , but how you finish matters most and this whole debacle leaves a sour taste

"Losing 5-1 is frustrating. Losing 5-1 to a relegated team only adds to the woe. Losing 5-1 to a relegated team with ten men piles more woe on top of woe. Losing 5-1 to a relegated team with ten men and allowing your rivals to overtake you on the final day is absolutely exceptional work. Tottenham didn’t so much shoot themselves in the foot as bathe in hot oil before jumping into a fire."

As shitty as I feel about yesterday I must admit this made me laugh. It shouldn't, but it did. How fucked up is that?

There is over rejoicing when all's well then melting' when all's bad-its wrong. Im as gutted as the next person but I will not go into this spiral of negativity that seems to be gathering momentum on here. Most seem to be feeling sorry for them selves rather than look at the bigger picture. We are all feeling pissed but i know and am happy to wait because our time will come.

You learn to lose as much as you learn to win. Yes, we were promised so much, by the way we were playing. The media brought us into the title race, a race we were always handicapped as we were always chasing and in Europe. The decision to leave EL and concentrate on the PL was wrong because this is the fall out. You have to play every game to win regardless of occasion and then the achievements will take care of them selves.

How many on here, who are 'melting' wanted us out of the EL to concentrate on the PL. I personally feel this is where it all goes wrong. we mustn't pick and choose our games. We must want to win every game.
Agreed with this. Especially EL. I made it clear how I lost respect for Pochettino for fielding a weakened team against Dortmund. Almost taking the cowards way out.

I want us to win every game. We do double training sessions to be able to combat two games in a week.

Agreed with this. Especially EL. I made it clear how I lost respect for Pochettino for fielding a weakened team against Dortmund. Almost taking the cowards way out.

I want us to win every game. We do double training sessions to be able to combat two games in a week.

This is the second season running under Poch, that he has basically chucked us out of the EL with team selection and our season has sputtered to an end. This has to stop. If we truly want to be one of the "elite" clubs in this league we should try and win every competition we are in.

There is at least a decent chance, we will get parachuted down to EL in the knockout stages again next season, I hope we don't make the same mistakes again.

This is the second season running under Poch, that he has basically chucked us out of the EL with team selection and our season has sputtered to an end. This has to stop. If we truly want to be one of the "elite" clubs in this league we should try and win every competition we are in.

There is at least a decent chance, we will get parachuted down to EL in the knockout stages again next season, I hope we don't make the same mistakes again.
I agree and it's one of very few negatives I have about Pochettino.

We aren't going to put out a weakened team in the Champions League. So no excuse in Europa League.

I wouldn't be surprised if we bought 5-6 first teamers in the summer to build real competition after this and moved out the weaker players. It could speed up our development as a team.
But they won't be like previous competition purchased; Chiriches, Capoue, Stambouli etc. They'll be genuinely hungry talents that push those in the first team to perform or be dropped. I have faith in Poch.

reading the OMT yesterday was embarrassing.
I can't even bring myself to read it to be honest. I assume the worst...

The way I feel now in addition to Mason, Fazio, Bentelab id get rid of Walker, Verts, Chadli, Davies, Carroll(despite supporting him earlier), Vorm, Son (if he chooses the Olympics) and even Eriksen as I don't like bottlers who go missing when things get tough!
Walker has been quality. Verts has been part of the best defence in the league this season. Davies as good a backup to Rose as you could expect. Son needs another season under his belt, and more first team football. He'll come good. Calling to get rid of Eriksen is just madness. 2nd top assister and most chances created in the league this season (I think) - and you want rid because of a couple of games? Knee-jerk doesn't even begin to explain it...

The rest I agree with.

Now the season is over we can get some perspective. See our recent record. 70 points is same as 2010, less than 2013 & 0nly 1 point more than 2014 & 2012. Whilst the position of 3rd is better that is more about the opposition not getting the points. Our best season is 2013 because we got 72 points.
We should have the most points ever but due to that shitty performance have not and this has ruined the opportunity to claim our best league performance in years.

Season
Lev League Pos Pld W D L F A W D L F A W D L F A Pts
2015/2016 1 Barclays Premier League 3rd/20 38 10 6 3 35 15 9 7 3 34 20 19 13 6 69 35 70
2014/2015 1 Barclays Premier League 5th/20 38 10 3 6 31 24 9 4 6 27 29 19 7 12 58 53 64
2013/2014 1 Barclays Premier League 6th/20 38 11 3 5 30 23 10 3 6 25 28 21 6 11 55 51 69
2012/2013 1 Barclays Premier League 5th/20 38 11 5 3 29 18 10 4 5 37 28 21 9 8 66 46 72
2011/2012 1 Barclays Premier League 4th/20 38 13 3 3 39 17 7 6 6 27 24 20 9 9 66 41 69
2010/2011 1 Barclays Premier League 5th/20 38 9 9 1 30 19 7 5 7 25 27 16 14 8 55 46 62
2009/2010 1 Barclays Premier League 4th/20 38 14 2 3 40 12 7 5 7 27 29 21 7 10 67 41 70

Back
Top Bottom