Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can be a tidy player. At his best when his is played in and around more physical players. Question his stamina to press for 90mins (no-one can but hope you get the drift). I have no issues seeing him on our bench and when called upon he has always had a positive impact, I'm just not filled with confidence when he starts. And unfortunately when he has started thought that we have chucked him under the bus, as he has been selected as part of a drastically weekend team across all areas of the pitch.

He is vital part of our academy proposition to attracting new talent and keeping hold of those already here. He provides that link which is important when we pitch to greedy adults/agents putting their own bank balances ahead of their kids development as footballers. I'm sure he is motivated to get on the pitch and if he can put in a few half decent performances then no doubt he will have interest from other clubs and then have a choice to make like Mason this summer.

Good luck to him.

If he plays it should be further forward in place of Eriksen or Lamela, he is too lightweight for the 2 central roles.

Whenever I have watched him in pre-season he has played further forward and looked more effective. Last season it was probably due to squad issues he played further back.

Still unfortunately I don't think he will be here for many more seasons but seems a decent guy, wish him all the best with us or elsewhere.

It's like I've been saying for a long time

Poch rates him, he's in his plans so let's stop fucking sniping and get behind him!

I'm delighted for what it's worth!

COYS

he is home-grown and looks like he doesn't mind playing few games, plus he looks like a good lad and good to the locker room. As a center mid he is dog shite, but i like him as attacking midfielder
I don't think he suits the AM role the way Dele does. Poch seems to like when the central attacking mid can score goals and that is where Tom isn't strong. He can be utillity player for weaker teams where we need some extra creatvity in the midfield since he can pass the ball well.
He won't get a game when we play against a stronger squad where our CM needs to win the ball often or run at the middle of the park. Just look at the Dortmund game. I feel Winks is better at that then him.

Maybe Levy wants to cash in on him. We'll see.

Carroll needs to play in Eriksen's position against Gillingham but other than a few games on the bench or injuries cannot see him playing much. However we need people like him to be in the background if we have a lot of injuries. Glad he was not sold.

I dunno whether being "happy to play a few games here and there" shows a lack of ambition for a (lest we forget) 24 year old with Carroll's undoubted ability, but certain limitations when it comes to imposing himself on a game...

Then again, the idea of players banging down the doors demanding to play has never sat well with me... I'm glad Carroll isn't (or doesn't appear to be one of those players)
Let the manager decide who plays & stays... not some ego driven kid with an agent buzzing in his ear!

Maybe he knows when he's well off!!

It's not a case of hating. It's similar to Mason, that we have better players coming through and really he's surplus to requirements.

I'd cash in on him and use Winks, Onomah, Edwards etc. more often.

It's not a case of hating. It's similar to Mason, that we have better players coming through and really he's surplus to requirements.

I'd cash in on him and use Winks, Onomah, Edwards etc. more often.

Yes but how much would we get for him? I think if he is happy as a squad player we could do much worse than him as 4th-5th choice CM. IMO more value keeping him as cover than the 3-5m or so we would probably get

I think Carol has a role here. Not a main role, but still a role that allows players to be rested. When we're playing a game every 2-3 days you can't really turn your nose up at a premier league quality player.

I wish him and Winks didn't have such similar squad numbers - almost impossible to tell them apart from distance......how am I supposed to know which to encourage and which to shout at for minor mistakes?....

It's like I've been saying for a long time

Poch rates him, he's in his plans so let's stop fucking sniping and get behind him!

I'm delighted for what it's worth!

COYS
What kind of attitude is that FFS?

You are supposed to dissect his every move to show everyone that you possess an innate and in depth knowledge of the game, and generally rubbish all of our players to show how dispassionate and unbiased you are.

Be a cock, basically.

Don't come round here with your pragmatic common sense and mature outlook.

What kind of attitude is that FFS?

You are supposed to dissect his every move to show everyone that you possess an innate and in depth knowledge of the game, and generally rubbish all of our players to show how dispassionate and unbiased you are.

Be a cock, basically.

Don't come round here with your pragmatic common sense and mature outlook.

Sorry thought I was on Spursvital
:klinsmann:

Won't happen again

Please don't send me to the toilet.......
:sherwoodwtf:

Back
Top Bottom