Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would he think that? Been with us for what seems like forever so has some affinity for the club and finally made his breakthrough last year and had plenty of game time, work hard in training and there's more chances there - should be an easy sell on the clubs part

If Poch has been honest enough to tell him he's not part of his plans it would be unfair to limit Carroll's chances of finding a new club with a fee.

If Poch has been honest enough to tell him he's not part of his plans it would be unfair to limit Carroll's chances of finding a new club with a fee.
Fair enough never considered that so yeah I guess if poch let him know it makes sense, I was just thinking from a levy/business point of view - when were apparently so astute with the financial side of things it seems daft they would let it slip when money is involved

Agreed, but I'll repeat that I find it extremely weird that we haven't heard anything either that he's extending or going. If Poch did indeed tell him so, wouldn't he have left the club when he doesn't have a contract anymore?

Agreed, but I'll repeat that I find it extremely weird that we haven't heard anything either that he's extending or going. If Poch did indeed tell him so, wouldn't he have left the club when he doesn't have a contract anymore?

Yes, it is odd. Maybe we've made him an offer and given him some time to think it over? As MemphisWill MemphisWill says, it's not necessarily a no brainer for Tommy to sign - it would limit his options.

Yes, it is odd. Maybe we've made him an offer and given him some time to think it over? As MemphisWill MemphisWill says, it's not necessarily a no brainier for Tommy to sign - it would limit his options.

Does seem the most logical scenario.

Even if still leaves open the question of why he's (best as I can tell) the only first team squad player, who wasn't at the Euros, not in the training pics released by the club.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Surprising how far behind some of you are lol

Tottenham had the option of giving Carol an extra year on his contract and they chose to activate it. He'll probably be sold this summer anyway though.

Certainly a strange one - my guess is that he's on low wages and happy to just be apart of the squad, train with a great squad, hope to improve and get the odd chance here and there.

Certainly a strange one - my guess is that he's on low wages and happy to just be apart of the squad, train with a great squad, hope to improve and get the odd chance here and there.

Pochy didn't even wear the suit for this one and Carrol is wearing a training top. Not making much of a fuss about it are they?

He can be a tidy player. At his best when his is played in and around more physical players. Question his stamina to press for 90mins (no-one can but hope you get the drift). I have no issues seeing him on our bench and when called upon he has always had a positive impact, I'm just not filled with confidence when he starts. And unfortunately when he has started thought that we have chucked him under the bus, as he has been selected as part of a drastically weekend team across all areas of the pitch.

He is vital part of our academy proposition to attracting new talent and keeping hold of those already here. He provides that link which is important when we pitch to greedy adults/agents putting their own bank balances ahead of their kids development as footballers. I'm sure he is motivated to get on the pitch and if he can put in a few half decent performances then no doubt he will have interest from other clubs and then have a choice to make like Mason this summer.

Good luck to him.

tumblr_inline_ocahbmNZEI1tchucp_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom