THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Roman hasn’t needed too, the have won virtually everything this decade but the fact remains that he is there and whilst he remains their remain an elite club because they retain he capacity of that.

As for Juve, well I didn’t say they are elite I said the exact opposite. The whole Italian league is a declining force as the likes of Inter and Milan attest.

Again I stated previously we are a non elite club that has an elite side, we are in the postion that Dortmund and A. Madrid where in recent seasons but like those clubs we do not possess the capita to retain this. This is very easy to see but many choose not too because they don’t like the picture. You can talk about about consolidating our position but all we doing is strengthening our current standing as the 6 the biggest club by revenue. Our greatest scope for progression, certainly on the European front is the PL’s global success. It’s that success and the subsquent revenues it has generated that has enabled us to surpass the likes of AC Milan, Inter, Dortmund and soon Juve.
But we beat Chelsea regularly!!!!!!

Juve isn't an Elite club, WTF!!! They have 30 odd championship titles to their name, have EIGHT fucking European Titles x2 of which are old big ears and have reached the final twice in the last three years!

We are building a stadium that WILL let us have the capita to sustain our ability to sustain what we are doing, we have already surpassed Atletico and Dortmund and we should do the same with Juve at the end of this season (100% certainty if we knock them out of the CL), we've achieved the WITHOUT the money from the stadium. Now ADD the money we get from the new stadium that gives us MORE money in addition to that we get from the UK TV rights deal, happy fucking days!! Where the fuck do you think Woolwich money comes from, they don't win anything, they don't compete for titles domestically or in Europe yet they are the 6th richest club in world football!!! Our new stadium money, them not in CL whilst we are brings us very close to their revenue!!

So we have an elite team, your words, and should be nudging revenues close to 6th richest club in the world, yet you sit their pouring cold water on this, fucking hell mate you are dead inside. You basically have said what's the point of us, when the reality is what's the point with you supporting us? Ye of so little joy. Fuck me.

You do know we qualified for the CL in 2009/10 season right? And that we have only finished below 5th only twice in the last 13 years. Let’s just finish in the top 4 this season before stating that we have broken down barriers because it is currently no sure thing.

You are contradicting your own point, so finishing below 5th only twice in last 13 years and CL last 2 years doesn’t mean we have broken down any barriers?

Christ on a bike what are your expectations for our club?

You can capitalise all you want but so far this team hasn’t won anything in the Poch era and if you think us paying the same salaries as Liverpool ( who routinely lose their best players) will enable us to retain our best players the you are living in absolute fantasy land.
Jesus. It is a team that is still one of the youngest (if not the youngest) in the PL.
How long did it take Ferguson to win something?
You must get no joy supporting this club. Why not fuck off & support one of the elite clubs you are deifying?
AND I WILL CAPITALISE ALL I FUCKING WANT
:dembelefingers:

To ask a question in response to a few posts above, Since when did Abramovich stop bank rolling Chelsea? Serious question. I missed that? I thought they were still hugely propped up by him?
Chelsea now generate their own money from player sales, + commercial activity, have done for at least 5years could be longer than that. Not got time to google and work stuff out so sorry for being vague so might be out by a year either way but things are, for now, very different than they have been since he rocked up.

You are contradicting your own point, so finishing below 5th only twice in last 13 years and CL last 2 years doesn’t mean we have broken down any barriers?

Christ on a bike what are your expectations for our club?

No what it means is that we have been rounitinely around a CL spot, we are a yo yo club. We had a couple CL qualifications under Redknapp ( one taken by extreme bad luck) and now under Poch. The point is that no one has us down as automatic qualifiers just as no would do this for Liverpool.

You can capitalise all you want but so far this team hasn’t won anything in the Poch era and if you think us paying the same salaries as Liverpool ( who routinely lose their best players) will enable us to retain our best players the you are living in absolute fantasy land.

I make no apologies for this, but that reply is exactly what you’d expect from a goon or a dipper. You go to such extreme lengths to hold your position you veer into enemy territory. You shit on our players in match threads and you shit on the club at every opportunity, even though we’ve improved massively from your sepia tinted glory days. You piss many people off with your constant negativity and your faux horror at being called out is nauseating. Why don’t you take it somewhere else? No one wants to listen.

No what it means is that we have been rounitinely around a CL spot, we are a yo yo club. We had a couple CL qualifications under Redknapp ( one taken by extreme bad luck) and now under Poch. The point is that no one has us down as automatic qualifiers just as no would do this for Liverpool.
Are Utd and Chelsea automatic qualifiers then?

“I always think it's a sign of victory when they move on to the ad hominem”
Knock yourself out pal. I’m sure you’re sat at your computer with a semi on with your sign of victory.
You can’t put together a coherent argument without contradicting yourself or bumbling along.
The very definition of a bell end.

I make no apologies for this, but that reply is exactly what you’d expect from a goon or a dipper. You go to such extreme lengths to hold your position you veer into enemy territory. You shit on our players in match threads and you shit on the club at every opportunity, even though we’ve improved massively from your sepia tinted glory days. You piss many people off with your constant negativity and your faux horror at being called out is nauseating. Why don’t you take it somewhere else? No one wants to listen.

That’s a really long way of saying ‘ say only nice things’ . As I said before you view this positive vs negative, I see this a case of realists vs fantasists.
I don’t delude myself when it comes to my club because there is absolutely no sense in it. I said countless times in this thread that we have an elite side, said countless times that we have one of the most talented boards in the game but what I do it balance this. Seemingly criticising the club when it is in the period it is in is the ultimate no for many when in fact it shouldn’t be above criticism at any point especially when that talent isn’t being translated into silverware.

You do know we qualified for the CL in 2009/10 season right? And that we have only finished below 5th only 3 times in the last 13 years. Let’s just finish in the top 4 this season before stating that we have broken down barriers because it is currently no sure thing.

Of course I do. So we’ve broken down a barrier, right? Getting into competitions we had never played in before (yes I know about Benfica) we were nowhere near playing in Europe’s top competition in the era you’re talking about. The lengths you go to to deny our obvious improvement is pathetic. You must curse the world every time you wake up.

It’s actually astounding that someone can be so passive and place to little to no expectation on a side as talented as this especially when the club has gone a decade without silverware. I love how the person who states that this team needs to win something, a team this talented has to win something, that it must win something is the person considered as the negative one and the ones who fashion endless excuses is not.
We are in a good position to qualify for the next round of the champions league, should be into the quarters of the fa cup after Wednesday and are currently sitting in the top 4 of the prem, so yes the one constantly moaning and shitting on the team is considered the negative one. You say we "must win something" as if our season is over and we are out of all comps, we are currently in 2, which is why it is so strange you are still so negative about the club.

That’s a really long way of saying ‘ say only nice things’ . As I said before you view this positive vs negative, I see this a case of realists vs fantasists.
I don’t delude myself when it comes to my club because there is absolutely no sense in it. I said countless times in this thread that we have an elite side, said countless times that we have one of the most talented boards in the game but what I do it balance this. Seemingly criticising the club when it is in the period it is in is the ultimate no for many when in fact it shouldn’t be above criticism at any point especially when that talent isn’t being translated into silverware.

It’s not your club. That’s where you’re going wrong. And even if it was you’d be a proper cunt to treat it so badly. You’re just an internet weirdo.

I swear, this guy gets no enjoyment from following us. I'd suggest you go over to Harry Hotspurs's site where you both can revel in your misery and hopelessness

You consider yourself a realist not a fantasist I presume, but weren't you the one coming up with the conspiracy theories about pochs book making the team play shit despite not even reading it...

Of course I do. So we’ve broken down a barrier, right? Getting into competitions we had never played in before (yes I know about Benfica) we were nowhere near playing in Europe’s top competition in the era you’re talking about. The lengths you go to to deny our obvious improvement is pathetic. You must curse every time you wake up.

We’ve broken down a barrier that the likes of Newcastle Leeds and Everton ( although they fucked up the qualification game) has done in seasons before. Fucking Great. As I said countless times before the CL is the biggest con job of the modern game. It’s convinced a whole generation that finishing 4th actually holds meaning that, that this preferable to silverware. If you want to subscribe to absurd notion that this is the gateway to the elite, that it will enable us to sign players we previously couldn’t, that it will enable us to retain our best good for you. I know full that is a load of old bollocks

Not at the moment they are not largely due to their incompetent boards.
So that might mean we have a chance of doing the unthinkable of finishing above them in the league, again! If only we had a bit more money we could do that on a regular basis. If only there was a way we could generate more revenue though, I wonder how we could achieve this? We could ask our fans to pay quadruple for their tickets, burgers, merch as we only have a 37k stadium.

Back
Top Bottom