THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But it’s not going to enable to us compete with the elite clubs. Our capacity to spend in terms of the market and wages will still remain well below theirs. The new stadium moves us on a par with the likes of Liverpool, that’s it.

So just give up right?

Who are the ‘elite’ clubs in your opinion?

And as you’ve correctly identified, we have an elite team, so of course it’s possible to
compete.

Aren’t we competing with Utd? I take it they fit your definition of an ‘elite’ club?

Last edited:
I clearly did, were they in the list, no. Their revenue base is less than Liverpool’s and we will surpass them shortly. I’m not sure why you want me to spell things out that are self evident.

As for Chelsea well they have been in debt to a Roman since the very beginning, nothing has changed there and I have heard countless times before that this is the moment that he has detached himself from the club. As long he remains they retain the capacity of that model and wishful thinking from us isn’t going to alter that fact.

As I said the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern and United are the ‘real’ elite, their revenues dwarf the rest. Does that mean their are immune from each other no it does not because the likes United and Bayern will be susceptible to moves by Madrid. What you do not see is the regularity in movements between these clubs as you do between them are tier 2 clubs such as Liverpool, Woolwich, Dortmund and ourselves.

The point as I stated before is that the stadium is going to not going to enable to operate a payroll of the elite. It’s going to enhance our capacity but really not to any real meaning and that is blatantly obvious to anyone who follows the financial side of the game.
Chelsea isn't wishful thinking, the Russian hasn't put his own money into the club in a while, he no longer bankrolls the club, this is significant, as is the debt that is still owed to him. He might chuck in another £2b for all I know, but the fact remains he hasn't dipped into his deep pockets for a while and passed on this I'd say it's significant, as is the fact that we are now competing with them in terms of player acquisition and finishing above them in the league.

You said we can't compete with the Elite, yet agree with me that Juve are Elite and admit that we will pass them in financial terms too, and with a wing and a prayer we might actual beat them on the pitch too, by that very definition were are competing with the elite!!

Now I'm no mug, we need to sustain our competitiveness to be called elite, by that we have to do this year on year. I'm not saying we are elite, but we are currently competing with the elite, this is a state of fact.

Now, we have done this without a new stadium, and only one year of CL money. This stadium will bring in substantial new revenue streams, which you say will not make much difference. I say that's bollocks. The stadium isn't a golden ticket but it is the one thing that will enable us to consolidate our position, just by doing that combined with the philosophy we have in place (why change something that's working) we should move up a few more rungs on the ladder.

TDLR: We are not Europes elite but we are competing with them, the money from the new stadium should help us consolidate our position, to regularly compete with them. I'm not talking about doing a Woolwich either, they haven't put in a title challenge for 15yrs, we have in the last two seasons, all be it not close enough to take it to last couple of games.

As you know I said multiple times that is their biggest failure. Money men will always prioritise money above all else.
But isn’t money & having it to spend on players & wages the crux of what makes an elite club in your eyes?
You are making literally no sense.
If you are a spurs fan, why do you treat the club like a battered wife?

Let’s make this simple:

Spurs: No CL, No new stadium: 6th biggest club by turnover.

Spurs: CL, New stadium; 6th biggest club by turnover unless Liverpool or Woolwich failure to qualify and then 5th only just.

Focusing on the CL in the belief that enables us to compete: idiotic

Prioritising CL over silverware that we can win: Idiotic

Outcome of that startegy: 0 trophies in 10 years despite having 2 of the best Spurs sides in a generation in that time.

Spurs Suporters Solution: More of the same is needed.
What the fuck are you talking about, other than the carabaou cup (which we reached the final of in 2015) what comp do we not prioritize. I'm pretty sure we played our best 11 in the semis of the fa cup against chelsea last season, you are basically saying the club is going nowhere we may aswell not bother trying in the league or champs and just try and go all out for the carabaou cup every season. Real ambitious I'm sure all our players would jump at the chance to sign contracts, jesus thank fuck you are not in charge of the club.

I don't have any issue with the statement. In fact I totally agree with it. It's when Kat and Martin start moaning on twitter about how hard done by they are. Yeah it's frustrating but if you're in that position then you have to expect stick and you can't go alienating fans by calling them out on twitter. It's unnecessary

I disagree with that somewhat.
They give up a huge amount of their personal time (which I certainly wouldn't do) on behalf of the THST and the fans they represent. Personally I think they do a pretty good job all told.
The amount of personal abuse they receive because of it is ludicrous. I know I would react negatively the same way that many posters on TFC do.

Some of the people they call out deserve it because, in a nutshell, they are morons.

Interesting that ENIC aren't too eager to sell. Reading between the lines, and the demands ENIC articulated when Cain Hoy showed up, Joe Lewis seems to be ok with a sale, providing a particular price is met, but Daniel really isn't. Read into that what you will.
Don't be so naive. Levy is not going to state that ENIC are interested in a sale for the right price, or open to offers, knowing full-well the contents of the meeting would be published.

:levywhoa: -- " Eriksen , good gwame"

:eriksenlol: " Thank boss!"

:levywtf: " bit chilly up there though, wasn't it?"

:eriksenserious: " I guess so"

:levystare: " Ever been to Madrid?"

:eriksenlip:

:levylol:
That is one the best posts I've seen on here! The use of pictures is magical.

I like the sound of this in principle:

"IM explained that the ticket exchange would be operational next season, along with a ticket transfer scheme for home games – called TicketShare. This would allow a ticket holder to forward an eticket to a fellow fan within their network should they not be able to make a game. It would offer a secure way to pass on a ticket. THFC to provide more detail on this ticket transfer tool shortly"

Chelsea have a billionaire benefactor, closing the distance between our respective revenues is largely irrelevant whilst he remains present. As for moving on a par with Liverpool and Woolwich well both clubs are not elite clubs, neither clubs competes or win the major honours and neither club is able to retain its best players. I’m well aware that our capacity is already ahead of A. Madrid’s (only just). It’s a point of reference, that despite all of their success, despite their new stadium none of this has resulted in them becoming part of the elite. The elite clubs are the likes of United, Bayen , Real and Barca (clubs who’s natural resources dwarf all others) and the induced clubs like City, PSG and Chelsea. Success, certainly sustained success. in the modern era is dictated by revenues and the simple reality is that without the new stadium we are the 6th biggest club by turnover in the league and with it we are still the 6th biggest club by turnover in the league. This isn’t the great leveller that so many are making it out to be.
You never answer a question. Is Juve an elite club or not?

Chelsea football club owe the Russian £1b of course it fucking matters, he also no longer bank roles the club, hasn't for a number of years.

So are you aren't even bothered that we are building a new stadium? It's a waste of time? What's the point? Why did we even bother?

Barca couldn't keep hold of it's best player, so your point is completely fucked. Utd can't keep it's best player (Ronaldo) so your point is completely fucked. In fact what actual is your point?

The main thing from all THST discussions for me is the migration of fans into the new stadium. The noisy fuckers in the Park Lane and Shelf Side simply must be allocated seats in the central 'wall' stand (and I don't consider myself one btw) to generate atmosphere or we'll have a West Ham style disaster on our hands...

No I’m saying that unless there is major overhaul of the structure of the game then we will never be an elite club. That applies to the overwelamong majority of clubs not just us. The wealth gap is growing rather than reducing and resources dictate long term success. And we can compete we can compete for the supposedly lesser trophies and I couldn’t less about the branding - it’s still the same fucking trophy. For instance they can call the new stadium whatever they like it is still WHL to me.

We’re doing our best. We’re a lot closer to being an elite club than we were 20 years ago. Try to enjoy the ride.

It’s actually astounding that someone can be so passive and place to little to no expectation on a side as talented as this especially when the club has gone a decade without silverware. I love how the person who states that this team needs to win something, a team this talented has to win something, that it must win something is the person considered as the negative one and the ones who fashion endless excuses is not.
We are in a good position to qualify for the next round of the champions league, should be into the quarters of the fa cup after Wednesday and are currently sitting in the top 4 of the prem, so yes the one constantly moaning and shitting on the team is considered the negative one. You say we "must win something" as if our season is over and we are out of all comps, we are currently in 2, which is why it is so strange you are still so negative about the club.

Trolly McTrollface mate. He’s an Internet phenom. Knows all the buttons to press and all the classic evasions. Not Spurs (obviously). I’d say a dipper who got dumped by a fit Spurs girl when he was 15.
They are hardly living in the past if they are the richest club in the game. If all PL clubs were wealthy enough to hold onto their players there would be no transfers between clubs. The simple reality is that Manchester United have the capacity to pay the fee required for his signature, they have the capacity to pay him the highest wage. When they have that level of capacity there really is little sense in being so dismissive of them.

The point is that they can if they want because they have the capability. They broke the world record for Pogba and could easily do that for Kane.

Here are his second and third posts ever on the site after a throwaway comment about an all blacks rugby game, he could well be united as well who knows, he started off with a nice 9 disagrees for these posts

Very weird behaviour for any spurs fan to do this, it was June, we just had that beautiful send off in May, building a stadium, only walker left that summer, and he dishes this up as an intro

How has a thread about ACTUAL verbatim engagement with the club's board, with THST have published extensive notes, descended into a pissing contest between us and "elite" clubs and 5 pages of arguments about who's more realistic and whether we are/aren't can/can't compete?

:pochunimpressed:

The FA Cup has absolutely saved Wenger you only have to listen to the Woolwich fans to know that. It also completely killed the decade with no silverware argument that was levelled at them which is also being levelled at us now. The UEFA Cup is their last hope now and if he wins that then he will clearly continue at the club.

I will just deal with this completely wrong point

3/4 years ago Wenger IN and OUT amongst Woolwich fans was pretty even and the "IN's" were maybe in majority

3 FA cups later they miss out on the champions league once and the OUT's are by far the majority

So its the exact opposite of what you are saying, the FA cup has not saved him, missing that CL spot has turned up the heat on him everywhere, the board and in the stands and the only reason the UEFA cup will save him.... is because you get CL football - thats the only reason

I paid thousands to schedule travelling to London for Spam at Wembley last season, only to have the rug pulled from under me at a late juncture. So I feel I've got plenty of reason to speak to the tele rescheduling of matches.

But this is a different issue. You can't have your cake and eat it too - every season we hear many moan we need more matches at noon on Saturday cause its proper. Well, we've been scheduled away at noon on Saturday. Should the only noon Saturday matches be Tottenham home fixtures? That's ridiculous. And don't decry foreign markets and money for bank holiday matches- those matches are scheduled entirely for the convenience of UK viewership as no one else is celebrating your holidays. I know plenty who adore home matches on holidays - yet, if its away then Sky is ruining football. Well, someone has to play away for a fixture to be booked and sometimes its us.

As long as adequate time is provided to make arrangements then there's really no issue. Not everyone will be able to make every single match. That wouldn't change regardless of how you scheduled it. Now the shite that happened with that Spam fixture - that's where THST and others should focus their time and energy, ensuring that supporters are given the time and opportunity to realistically plan for a match. Not moaning because we're playing at an inconvenient time for Fat Dave months from now.

This is why a lot of people, and obviously the club, are fucking over the THST. Literally everything has to be an issue. They aren't a true ambassador for supporters to the club, they're simply serial moaners.

I don't think people want Saturday noon home matches. I think you'll find people want 3.00pm Saturday kick offs. The traditional time for a reason.

UTD6_Qva.gif

This appears that it was no forum for negotiation or pressing inquiry.

THST ask a question.
ENIC Answer with a stock reply.
Agenda moves on to next question.....

A Liberal approach will generates washy accountability, although ENIC are not accountable to anyone really but themselves....so that becomes a mute point

Back
Top Bottom