Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what he's saying you moron
Mate he knows full well that's not what i said so dont waste your energy. In all my time on this forum (and another spurs forum) i have never come across a poster that literally tries to twist everything someone says in order to win an argument or prove a point to the extent of this guy. He thinks he's being smart not knowing that it actually looks ridiculously sad.

Last edited:
Yeah, see, I want Dembele to play every game because I rate him highly and dont think we can improve on him.
But thats defeatist to you. No, not contradictory at all is it.

:pochfacepalm:
I agree and would start Dembele all the time if fit as he's the best we have in that position by far .
We can always improve 95% of the time , we used to have Modric and he's was/is a better player.
I think Kane , Toby are the only ones that would be impossible to improve on . A great first 11 with a ok squad ,

IGNORE RONALDO, GET KANE

Jose Mourinho wants his Manchester United bosses to ignore Cristiano Ronaldo and get £100m Tottenham star Harry Kane, reports the Sunday Mirror.

Mourinho is understood to favour a move for Kane rather than bringing Ronaldo back to Old Trafford eight years after he left for Real Madrid.

Ronaldo vowed to quit Spain after being accused of tax evasion but now it appears he could be staying at the Bernabeu.

And, as a result, Mourinho has reportedly instructed the United hierarchy to use the money assigned for Ronaldo to lure Kane to Old Trafford.

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

You're not special anymore, Jose. Neither are United.

I don't know why they even bother dreaming up this stuff - Mourinho/United and/or the press.

I don't know why they even bother dreaming up this stuff - Mourinho/United and/or the press.

Of course united want Kane, he is the best striker in the PL....
The fact they think they can just open there wallet and he will come is the thing that annoys me!! The only time we will see Rashford and Kane together on the same side in the PL will be if Rashford comes to spurs.......:dembelefingers:

Of course united want Kane, he is the best striker in the PL....
The fact they think they can just open there wallet and he will come is the thing that annoys me!! The only time we will see Rashford and Kane together on the same side in the PL will be if Rashford comes to spurs.......:dembelefingers:

Their made up valuation is well off.

Even just from the point of view of european prize money Kane pretty much guarantees Champions League, which is worth £50m a season x 5 (years on his contract) = £250m

I know it doesn't work like that, but £100m really wouldn't be worth it for us.

Why would anyone in their right mind think that Kane would go to United? It's funny how United think they can get anyone they like just because they are 'man united'.

Checking the stats , he's somewhere between Messi & Aly Dia

You can really see his Expected Performance shine compared to those two

PolygonUnfilled_1000.gif

:pritchardeyes:

Ross Barkley deleted his Instagram account this morning. Bit odd.

Assume he's been getting flack from Koeman's blind cult

They are living in the past and haven't twigged that every PL football club is rich enough to hold on to their best players now.

They are hardly living in the past if they are the richest club in the game. If all PL clubs were wealthy enough to hold onto their players there would be no transfers between clubs. The simple reality is that Manchester United have the capacity to pay the fee required for his signature, they have the capacity to pay him the highest wage. When they have that level of capacity there really is little sense in being so dismissive of them.

They are hardly living in the past if they are the richest club in the game. If all PL clubs were wealthy enough to hold onto their players there would be no transfers between clubs. The simple reality is that Manchester United have the capacity to pay the fee required for his signature, they have the capacity to pay him the highest wage. When they have that level of capacity there really is little sense in being so dismissive of them.

They aren't going to pay the fee it would take for us to accept.

I'm happy to give him chances. I just would feel uneasy if we go through this season with trippier and KWP, has the potential to blow up in our faces.

Winks has been getting his chances but he's not so high up in the queue that he's relied upon so the risk is lower.
Ideally I'd rather just keep Walker and then integrate KWP into the team with minutes in League/FA cup matches.

Yeah, I agree keeping a happy Kyle Walker would be the best possible scenario, but I accepted at the start of the summer that he's a gonner.

I think Trippier is in the top 5 RB's in he league so in that sense he's perfectly suitable to be our first choice for right back.

As for KWP, he looks a talent and we can begin to blood him. Add to that we always have Dier there as well if he doesn't work out and Tripp is unavailable. Remember that KWP is very highly rated by WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and Potch has got the best out of our full backs. Walker money could then be spent elsewhere in the squad.

No PL club HAS to sell any more - they could all afford to turn down club record bids for their players without thinking twice about it, the only players that doesn't apply to are those are nearing the end of their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom