THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As you know I said multiple times that is their biggest failure. Money men will always prioritise money above all else.
But isn’t money & having it to spend on players & wages the crux of what makes an elite club in your eyes?
You are making literally no sense.
If you are a spurs fan, why do you treat the club like a battered wife?

So that might mean we have a chance of doing the unthinkable of finishing above them in the league, again! If only we had a bit more money we could do that on a regular basis. If only there was a way we could generate more revenue though, I wonder how we could achieve this? We could ask our fans to pay quadruple for their tickets, burgers, merch as we only have a 37k stadium.

We will continue finish above them whilst we retain this squad, this harmony and whilst they continue to squander their vast resources. The key is how long can we retain this team and that is largely in the hands of the likes of Real and Barca.

We will continue finish above them whilst we retain this squad, this harmony and whilst they continue to squander their vast resources. The key is how long can we retain this team and that is largely in the hands of the likes of Real and Barca.
Have you ever stopped to think why we have kept the group together, rather than assume they are all leaving? I mean it's been almost 4 years since the stories first emerged, shocked there still playing for us given the almost daily speculation.

But isn’t money & having it to spend on players & wages the crux of what makes an elite club in your eyes?
You are making literally no sense.
If you are a spurs fan, why do you treat the club like a battered wife?

Let’s make this simple:

Spurs: No CL, No new stadium: 6th biggest club by turnover.

Spurs: CL, New stadium; 6th biggest club by turnover unless Liverpool or Woolwich failure to qualify and then 5th only just.

Focusing on the CL in the belief that enables us to compete at the highest level : idiotic

Prioritising CL over silverware that we can win: Idiotic

Outcome of that startegy: 0 trophies in 10 years despite having 2 of the best Spurs sides in a generation in that time.

Spurs Suporters Solution: More of the same is needed.

Have you ever stopped to think why we have kept the group together, rather than assume they are all leaving? I mean it's been almost 4 years since the stories first emerged, shocked there still playing for us given the almost daily speculation.

We kept Bale and Modric at the club for a sizeable period. We are the perfect platform to clubs like Real which is why the club should capitalise on that fact when it looks to secure the games best young talent

Let’s make this simple:

Spurs: CL, New stadium; 6th biggest club by turnover unless Liverpool or Woolwich failure to qualify and then 5th only just.

Focusing on the CL in the belief that enables us to compete at the highest level : idiotic

Outcome of that startegy: 0 trophies in 10 years despite having 2 of the best Spurs sides in a generation in that time.

Why do you say we haven't focused on a domestic cup whilst reaching a final and a semi-final in the previous 3 seasons. A there is no way you can respond "because we haven't won one". That would be idiotic and dismissing the fact that the domestic cup success has been utterly dominated by the top 4 clubs for the past 25yrs at least. I mean if all you had to do is say right lads, lets focus then Millwall would have won the past 25 FA Cups in a row.

Let’s make this simple:

Focusing on the CL in the belief that enables us to compete: idiotic

What the fuck are you talking about, other than the carabaou cup (which we reached the final of in 2015) what comp do we not prioritize. I'm pretty sure we played our best 11 in the semis of the fa cup against chelsea last season, you are basically saying the club is going nowhere we may aswell not bother trying in the league or champs and just try and go all out for the carabaou cup every season. Real ambitious I'm sure all our players would jump at the chance to sign contracts, jesus thank fuck you are not in charge of the club.

We kept Bale and Modric at the club for a sizeable period. We are the perfect platform to clubs like Real which is why the club should capitalise on that fact when it looks to secure the games best young talent
I'm not talking about Bale or Modric, I specifically mentioned the last four years. So, I'll ask again, have you ever wondered why we have kept this group of players together given the fact that every week for the past FOUR YEARS they have been linked with moves to your Elite clubs.

Let’s make this simple:

Ok. Let me break this down for you in even more simple terms
1- how many trophies have Spurs won in our entire history? Is supporting a football club all about trophies for you, because if it is, you’re likely to be a miserable fan for your whole godforsaken life. Frankly, I will support Spurs regardless of whether we win silverware again in my lifetime or not. And I will enjoy supporting them.
2- How much does winning the Carabou cup or the FA cup generate for the winning club?
3-focusing on CL qualification means we are more likely to be able to compete consistently at the highest level because it generates the money & it’s the competition that all players aspire to play in. It also means a bigger & stronger squad to compete across all competitions
4- if we are focusing on CL qualification we will be in the hunt for the title.

Are you really as stupid as your posts suggest, or are you simply perfecting it as an artform?

Last edited:
I'm not talking about Bale or Modric, I specifically mentioned the last four years. So, I'll ask again, have you ever wondered why we have kept this group of players together given the fact that every week for the past FOUR YEARS they have been linked with moves to your Elite clubs.

Well I’m talking about Bale and Modric because the same principle applies. It is dependent on the likes of Barca and Real making their move- we are the perfect host club until that. And the team is breaking up, Walker has gone and the likes of Rose will follow suit whilst Alderwield won’t sign a new contact. The real question is why so many spurs supporters thing we are immune to the realities of the modern game when virtually all other clubs are not.

Well I’m talking about Bale and Modric because the same principle applies. It is dependent on the likes of Barca and Real making their move- we are the perfect host club until that. And the team is breaking up, Walker has gone and the likes of Rose will follow suit whilst Alderwield won’t sign a new contact. The real question is why so many spurs supporters thing we are immune to the realities of the modern game when virtually all other clubs are not.
So you reckon an elite club is going to lob their bulging wad on the table for Rose after his indifferent season?

Back
Top Bottom