Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really think Liverpool are lacking in depth. Very good first 11, not much behind it at all, IMO.
And lets be honest, they were very fortunate injury didnt hamper them more last season. No europe obviously helped.

Given they will have the CL this coming season they are going to have to build and use a squad, if Suarez is in the CL team on a Wednesday, Lambert is a good option to come in on the Saturday.

Although Id love it to be because Suarez was off!

Borini can offer something as well.

Looked decent for Sunderland.

Yeah Moses as a loan deal could suit. Seems to be ok as an impact player. Still 23 so room to grow also.

I thought he did well when played at Chelsea, and toward the end of his time at Wigan was excellent, I wouldnt mind us going in for him - interesting squad option.

Home grown as well. Could be one of those "forgotten players" that gets something of a resurgence with a move.

Luis Suarez's agent has said that the Liverpool striker is settled at Anfield but admitted that a big money offer fromReal Madrid would be difficult to turn down.

"A year ago he was very likely to leave Liverpool," Alejandro Balbi told Cadena Ser.

"Now I think it is very difficult because he is an idol, although clubs can offer a lot of money.

"If there is such a big offer from Real Madrid, it is very difficult to say no. Luis Suarez has always had a predisposition for Spain."

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ez-agent-madrid-hard-to-turn-down_157596.html

Absolutely. That's what I was thinking. That they are covering the potential loss of Suarez.

Lambert just doesn't seem the type of player that you cover the loss of Suarez with though. He's a good player but no where near Suarez good (few are).

That's precisely why they've made the move early and Suarez will go late, so that the comparison is less obvious. I suspect they still hope to keep him but they don't want to end up without a backup should he go.

That's precisely why they've made the move early and Suarez will go late, so that the comparison is less obvious. I suspect they still hope to keep him but they don't want to end up without a backup should he go.
according to the Indy, Suarez Lawyer has been mouthing off that whilst it wouldnt be easy to leave liverpool, he would find it hard to say no to madrid.

according to the Indy, Suarez Lawyer has been mouthing off that whilst it wouldnt be easy to leave liverpool, he would find it hard to say no to madrid.
Probably true to be fair. Imagine Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez as the front three...They'd stand a pretty good chance of winning the CL again next year. Are Liverpool going to win it next year? Unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely. Depends how much trophies are important to Suarez and to some degree, money, though I bet Liverpool would be willing to pay him more if he pushed for it.
I think it would have to be Real, or perhaps Bayern - don't see anyone else tempting him as he has CL football this next season now.

Back
Top Bottom