Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re: Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs' Transfe

Chelsea mate is smiling from ear to ear talking about Hazard, Mata, Torres, Marin etc and their new attacking powers. He says the reason they can afford to buy whoever they want is that winning the CL earned them hundreds of millions. Hmm.

I didn't know Ladbrooke's would let you put a superyacht on one of their betting slips.

I liked F365's take on the Llorente move. His buyout is > 30m, yet people are willing to believe that Woolwich would shell out 28m for a player. Who is also one year from a free. Very non-Wengerish.

S.L.R said:
Chelsea mate is smiling from ear to ear talking about Hazard, Mata, Torres, Marin etc and their new attacking powers. He says the reason they can afford to buy whoever they want is that winning the CL earned them hundreds of millions. Hmm.
Hundreds of millions sounds like bollocks.

What I will say is that next season is the first year of the new tv deal, so clubs can expect double what they got this season just past. Chelsea probably made around £50m last season and if the win it again, could go close to £100m.

Gutted that Woolwich got Podolski, used to really like that guy at big tournaments.

henryp0p said:
Gutted that Woolwich got Podolski, used to really like that guy at big tournaments.
Great for Germany, shite for everyone else. They're welcome to him.

Drogba going to China/Russia/MLS?

S.L.R said:

They're going to end up with a team of midgets.

henryp0p said:

henryp0p
Twitter: @footballthatall
Fri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm #
When he left I even considered starting to support Woolwich I was that fond of him. What a prick he is :/

Maybe it will push you over the edge to join Woolwich....

fbz_ebe684d04e72174a360e454a28a1f78b.jpg

ArtyB said:
S.L.R said:

They're going to end up with a team of midgets.

Should be fun when we play them then!

Kagawa to Man Utd looks likely.

So

Woolwich have signed someone. Chelsea have signed two. Mancs have signed someone. It's not even the end of May.

I spot a trend that we rarely follow.

To be fair i'm surprised we didn't have anything to do with Kagawa, he seems fairly similar to Modric in terms of style and creativity (nowhere near as good yet but in that mould) so could've been a potential replacement for if he leaves. The £13m being touted seems reasonable as well.

Abbey Yid said:
To be fair i'm surprised we didn't have anything to do with Kagawa, he seems fairly similar to Modric in terms of style and creativity (nowhere near as good yet but in that mould) so could've been a potential replacement for if he leaves. The £13m being touted seems reasonable as well.
I would suggest this means we are confident Luka is going nowhere.

AberdeenYid said:
Abbey Yid said:
I've been of that opinion all along, I can't see Levy changing his stance at all and would be very surprised if we sold to a domestic rival. Could perhaps see us cashing in to Madrid or Barca if they came calling, but Levy was very clear last year and I think he'll do the same this time around.

Abbey Yid said:
AberdeenYid said:
Abbey Yid said:
I've been of that opinion all along, I can't see Levy changing his stance at all and would be very surprised if we sold to a domestic rival. Could perhaps see us cashing in to Madrid or Barca if they came calling, but Levy was very clear last year and I think he'll do the same this time around.

With Chelsea and ManU signings (or soon to be signings) that's two of the three teams that need Modric or could afford him, gone. Just leaves Real I'd say.

They could easily play in the same side together. Kagawa is an attacking midfielder and link-man, whereas Modric is a deeper lying playmaker. Kagawa can even play as a 2nd striker, a-la-VDV.

Back
Top Bottom