Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it's true, congrats to Lambert. 4 seasons ago, when he was meant to be in his prime, he was playing in League One, now he could be playing in the Champions League.

And at £4 mill, would be a great buy for Liverpool. At £8 mill, not so sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of "off book" accounting is going on to facilitate the Costa deal, because lets face it that's not market value.

Football is rife with it. At the top level it's an outstanding way to effectively launder millions in currency, for owners whose private business operations aren't always completely on the level.

Jordi Gomez: Sunderland to sign Wigan Athletic midfielder
Sunderland have agreed to sign Wigan midfielder Jordi Gomez on a three-year contract from 1 July.
The Spaniard's contract expires this summer and the 29-year-old will join the Black Cats as a free agent.
Gomez joined Wigan from Espanyol in 2009 after working with Latics boss Roberto Martinez on loan at Swansea.
He scored 11 goals last season, including penalties in the 2-1 FA Cup win at Manchester City and the semi-final defeat against Woolwich.

Could be a smart move for them, decent player

Id love it if Levy got in there first, thats for sure, but just cant imagine how we can really compete
The power of the new manager: I reckon if he talked 2 players to come across that would be icing on the cake for that deal! (Lallana, Wynanna or Shaw, crossing the fingers)

The power of the new manager: I reckon if he talked 2 players to come across that would be icing on the cake for that deal! (Lallana, Wynanna or Shaw, crossing the fingers)

Im really not sure I buy into the power of the managers relationship with a player...
Or at least, Im sure it exists, but I dont think it over comes the pull of a bigger club, bigger money...

Im really not sure I buy into the power of the managers relationship with a player...
Or at least, Im sure it exists, but I dont think it over comes the pull of a bigger club, bigger money...
Well the quotes from his former players do suggest some loyalty, even if he jumped ship!! Here's hoping!

Well the quotes from his former players do suggest some loyalty, even if he jumped ship!! Here's hoping!

Dont get me wrong, Ive got my fingers crossed on it (which explains all my typos lately!) but Ive absolutely no real expectation of it carrying any real weight.

I think its hugely positive how well the Southampton players spoke and speak of him, but if its us and £70k a week or Utd and £90k a week I wont be surprised when he doesnt come to WHL

Lambert to Liverpool seems a strange move. For the player, it's obvious to see why he wants to go - boyhood club, supporter and CL football. But Liverpool don't exactly need any more attacking talent, so it seems odd to forking out money, even if it is only £4m.

foqjgx.png

Lambert to Liverpool seems a strange move. For the player, it's obvious to see why he wants to go - boyhood club, supporter and CL football. But Liverpool don't exactly need any more attacking talent, so it seems odd to forking out money, even if it is only £4m.
Suarez to Madrid?

:bae:

Absolutely. That's what I was thinking. That they are covering the potential loss of Suarez.

Lambert just doesn't seem the type of player that you cover the loss of Suarez with though. He's a good player but no where near Suarez good (few are).
He does apparently like feasting on an arm or two though!:cautious:

I really think Liverpool are lacking in depth. Very good first 11, not much behind it at all, IMO.
And lets be honest, they were very fortunate injury didnt hamper them more last season. No europe obviously helped.

Given they will have the CL this coming season they are going to have to build and use a squad, if Suarez is in the CL team on a Wednesday, Lambert is a good option to come in on the Saturday.

Although Id love it to be because Suarez was off!

Back
Top Bottom