Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rather have the option of Balotelli than Borini, at £16m it's a no-brainer really, he has agreed to half his current wages with incentive based bonuses linked to his behaviour and performance. One of the last holes plugged for us and plenty to look forward to this season.

How do you think they will play him, 2 up front? with sturridge or lone striker

How do you think they will play him, 2 up front? with sturridge or lone striker
Very good question!
We played a diamond for the last part of the season with Sterling playing behind Suarez and Sturridge which was really effective, if we play like that with Balotelli in place of Suarez then where would Coutinho fit in?
Rodgers plays around with formations a hell of a lot so if we played a 4-3-3 to accommodate Coutinho, who would play central, Balotelli or Sturridge.
Haven't got a Scooby.

I see them playing a 4-2-2-2.

------------Gerrard - Henderson
Sterling -------------------------Coutinho
------------Balo ------Sturridge

I really don't think they will be even close to as good as they were last year.

but they would do better than Woolwich if their manager can fit in the players ,
sterling-sturridge-balotelli-eto'o-lambert , surely has good number of goals in them .

but they would do better than Woolwich if their manager can fit in the players ,
sterling-sturridge-balotelli-eto'o-lambert , surely has good number of goals in them .

I'm much more scared of Woolwich than Liverpool. Woolwich is very organized and will control most games. Liverpool can beat and also lose to anyone. Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge, and Coutinho will all be very good for them. IMO Balo will either be terrible and cause many, many problems or be one of the best players in the league. Eto'o imo is past it and has he even signed with them? Lambert is good for a few goals, but he does not fit their style at all.

Also, I don't buy into their defense being as good as last season.

I'm much more scared of Woolwich than Liverpool. Woolwich is very organized and will control most games. Liverpool can beat and also lose to anyone. Sterling, Lallana, Sturridge, and Coutinho will all be very good for them. IMO Balo will either be terrible and cause many, many problems or be one of the best players in the league. Eto'o imo is past it and has he even signed with them? Lambert is good for a few goals, but he does not fit their style at all.

Also, I don't buy into their defense being as good as last season.

i disagree with you , from past two seasons what i have seen is , rodgers is better at setting a team n tactics match by match compared to what wenger does , even though woolwich have better squad , wenger is too much uni-directional , they (Woolwich) make teams like WBA,sunderland,newcastel i.e. teams between 12-20 look like a league 2 team or bunch of school boys , but against top 10- top 8 teams when there passing game is disturbed they struggle to even get a draw ,and not just top 8 sides any team that push them a little bit in the middle ,dont allow them to pass and Woolwich look like just loosing it.
Woolwich relay heavely on ramsey-wilshere , both atleast have 1-2 big injuries per season , and also even though many wont agree ,considering the success wenger has had , still havent really seen wenger doing different strategies or having a plan-b when things go wrong , like someone like mourenho-pep do. to a certain extent even rodgers-poch-martinez , but wenger doesn't.

Rather have the option of Balotelli than Borini, at £16m it's a no-brainer really, he has agreed to half his current wages with incentive based bonuses linked to his behaviour and performance. One of the last holes plugged for us and plenty to look forward to this season.
Must be a good feeling losing a biter but not so much a good feeling gaining an unpredictable prick!

Obviously pool didn't think they had enough bad press last season..
One player drags their name through the mud, they back him for being a racist, they back him for biting, so what do they do when that rancid disease leaves..?????

They sign his apprentice...

Why are United buying Di Maria? Where are they going to play him in a 3-5-2? Play him as LWB and you bench the most expensive fullback ever. Play him through the center like he did at Real last year and Mata or Herrera has to sit. Meanwhile Darren Fletcher, Chris Smalling, and Phil Jones remain starters.

Why are United buying Di Maria? Where are they going to play him in a 3-5-2? Play him as LWB and you bench the most expensive fullback ever. Play him through the center like he did at Real last year and Mata or Herrera has to sit. Meanwhile Darren Fletcher, Chris Smalling, and Phil Jones remain starters.

lui van gaal , though has done good things in past , is looking confused , what the fook they are going to do with a 60-70 miln winger , when they
1) dont have a center back pair
2) no box to box midfielder
3) no defensive midfielder .
4) no winger on either side .

k maria may solve the wing problem but still ,

30miln for shaw, 30 miln for herrera ,16 miln rojo , 60 miln di maria = 136 miln of shit , also both shaw n rojo are LB . Thats 46miln on left back . lol

Everton sign Eto on a 2 year deal.
And Di Maria officially signs for United.
Oh and Roma signed Manolas ... Haha, gooners :adelol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom