Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I work w/ a United fan that swears up and down that Liverpool is going to have another incredible season. I'm perplexed by some people's apparent lack of general sports knowledge. There have been many teams spread over many different sports that have had that one season that seemingly out of nowhere they had a fantastic run and wow'd everyone. That team's players are swooped up and expected to perform on the same level and in the same way as the previous season. No one even bothers looking at the season prior or even thinks about general team chemistry. I think that both Liverpool and Southampton this past season were more than the sum of their parts. There was something special about both teams and just because you combine the two doesn't mean lightning will strike twice.

In conclusion: Liverpool are the Damn Yankees of the EPL.

I work w/ a United fan that swears up and down that Liverpool is going to have another incredible season. I'm perplexed by some people's apparent lack of general sports knowledge. There have been many teams spread over many different sports that have had that one season that seemingly out of nowhere they had a fantastic run and wow'd everyone. That team's players are swooped up and expected to perform on the same level and in the same way as the previous season. No one even bothers looking at the season prior or even thinks about general team chemistry. I think that both Liverpool and Southampton this past season were more than the sum of their parts. There was something special about both teams and just because you combine the two doesn't mean lightning will strike twice.

In conclusion: Liverpool are the Damn Yankees of the EPL.

You can tell your colleague that he is talking Crap
Liverpool will struggle this season due to some very average signings and losing a top top player.

The pressure is back on them, in recent seasons their fans have accepted that they are not the club they were in the 80s and have realised they weren't going to win the league any time soon.. Now after one freak season their fans are demanding success again and are talking about winning the league next season.

They are in for a rude awakening..

You can tell your colleague that he is talking Crap
Liverpool will struggle this season due to some very average signings and losing a top top player.

The pressure is back on them, in recent seasons their fans have accepted that they are not the club they were in the 80s and have realised they weren't going to win the league any time soon.. Now after one freak season their fans are demanding success again and are talking about winning the league next season.

They are in for a rude awakening..

Oh, believe me, I told him he doesn't know what he's talking about. He was trying to make that argument that Brendan Rodgers is miles above Poch as a manager and that he'll be able to take those players to an even higher level. I tried telling him that the chances of that many players on one team that struggled up until last season turning out to be some of the best players in the league is absurd. Not to mention, if they truly WERE that unbelievably outstanding Poch would've MADE Levy sign them!

Oh, believe me, I told him he doesn't know what he's talking about. He was trying to make that argument that Brendan Rodgers is miles above Poch as a manager and that he'll be able to take those players to an even higher level. I tried telling him that the chances of that many players on one team that struggled up until last season turning out to be some of the best players in the league is absurd. Not to mention, if they truly WERE that unbelievably outstanding Poch would've MADE Levy sign them!

I think your Colleague needs some serious treatment.

Rodgers was lucky in the fact that he had a player like Suarez in his starting 11. He never managed him, players like Suarez don't need managing, you can just let them do their thing.
We'll see what sort of manager he is now he has lost his star player and had to make some adjustments.

They had a freak season that no one saw coming, they had no European football and no pressure.

Now let's see what happens now that they have European football and fans with high expectations.

Funny Utd fan? Bigging up Liverpool.

I think your Colleague needs some serious treatment.

Rodgers was lucky in the fact that he had a player like Suarez in his starting 11. He never managed him, players like Suarez don't need managing, you can just let them do their thing.
We'll see what sort of manager he is now he has lost his star player and had to make some adjustments.

They had a freak season that no one saw coming, they had no European football and no pressure.

Now let's see what happens now that they have European football and fans with high expectations.

I've noticed for quite some time that there is a breed of football fans that seemingly do not have the ability to see past the headlines. They see this giant amount being paid for a player and automatically jump on the bandwagon as if he's the second coming. Liverpool has been strengthing their squad with midtable players. With the money they got from Suarez they should have A) replaced him with another remarkable striker and B) shored up their defence. After that they could worry about having depth for their European games. I don't even think they've fixed the problems they had last season. They still don't look great in the back (on paper, I haven't seen them play in their preseason) and now their ability to score is extremely limited. They're pretty much about to be England's World Cup squad. How in the fuck can anyone think that's a team set up to break top 4?

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2356999-harry-redknapp-failed-remy-medical-not-possible

Redknapp saying there's no way Remy could have failed a medical and it's a fair point as he must of had something similar with the French squad before the world cup.

In which case if it was Liverpool that leaked the rumour he failed his medical it's an unbelievably shitty thing to do. Hurt a players career just because you can't stand up to your fans and tell them the real reason he didn't sign/you chose not to sign him.

Similar on Sky Sport News

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/...app-denies-loic-remy-failed-liverpool-medical

Like the typical "Market Trader" routine though - tries to sell player for not a lot of money, yet when the transfer falls through acts like it's a blessing whilst immediately hawking him.

"Best player ever - fittest in the PL - I'm lucky now, for sure. Who wouldn't want to keep a player who is the best striker in the world with a good attitude, incredible talent, superior fitness and an international striker that can bag 20 a season? Especially when he's only £8.5m?"
:harrysmile:

:harrylol:

Similar on Sky Sport News

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/...app-denies-loic-remy-failed-liverpool-medical

Like the typical "Market Trader" routine though - tries to sell player for not a lot of money, yet when the transfer falls through acts like it's a blessing whilst immediately hawking him.

"Best player ever - fittest in the PL - I'm lucky now, for sure. Who wouldn't want to keep a player who is the best striker in the world with a good attitude, incredible talent, superior fitness and an international striker that can bag 20 a season? Especially when he's only £8.5m?"
:harrysmile:

:harrylol:

On the flip side of this perhaps ol 'arry is trying to get other teams to bite again. Liverpool: "uh, this guy is broken." Harry: "He's not broken he's just resting! Beautiful plumage!"

On the flip side of this perhaps ol 'arry is trying to get other teams to bite again. Liverpool: "uh, this guy is broken." Harry: "He's not broken he's just resting! Beautiful plumage!"
that was the exact point i was making.

you silly muricans
:vdvdive:

Ashley's fitting in well at his new club, they all really like him....

10570348_10152586709984914_5893183162574024472_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom