This is concerning to read

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While I dont agree with blaming the fans, at least he's galvonising the players and the manager as one unit.

More than anyone else is doing, or has done for the last three years, so take the piss all you want.

If Lloris had said it, everyone would be sucking his cock.

Well yeah, if Lloris said it... of course people would react differently.

Thats because the level of his performance on the pitch (on a regular occurance too) is a world apart from what we see from Ade.

I'm exagerating the coments here...

1 guy acknowledged for being a trouble maker at many clubs, and underperforms says "the fans need to back us more" is hardly gonna go down well when compared to the same comments from a guy that pretty much everyone reckons is top dollar and turns up each match

Well yeah, if Lloris said it... of course people would react differently.

Thats because the level of his performance on the pitch (on a regular occurance too) is a world apart from what we see from Ade.

I'm exagerating the coments here...

1 guy acknowledged for being a trouble maker at many clubs, and underperforms says "the fans need to back us more" is hardly gonna go down well when compared to the same comments from a guy that pretty much everyone reckons is top dollar and turns up each match

Cant agree.

You either agree with someone or you dont.

If my best friend says the earth is flat, and my worst enemy says its round, its still round to me.

Fair enough :)

That's the beauty of discussion in a decent manner. And I guess that on this particular issue we disagree.

Can I ask in all seriousness... do you think Ade's performances this season or last are comparable to Lloris's?

Because for me, I do hold "critical" comments from players in more esteem if they regularly turn up on the pitch.

Edit.. just to add, I do think it's wrong to boo during the game - if nothing else because it demoralises our team and galvanises the opposition. We should be trying to encourage the team during the match.
But booing / criticism afterwards is fair game

Fair enough :)

That's the beauty of discussion in a decent manner. And I guess that on this particular issue we disagree.

Can I ask in all seriousness... do you think Ade's performances this season or last are comparable to Lloris's?

Because for me, I do hold "critical" comments from players in more esteem if they regularly turn up on the pitch.

Edit.. just to add, I do think it's wrong to boo during the game - if nothing else because it demoralises our team and galvanises the opposition. We should be trying to encourage the team during the match.
But booing / criticism afterwards is fair game

I think Ade was wrong to criticise the fans, but I liked the rest of what he said.

Id feel exactly the same if Lloris had said it.

I dont decide whether I agree with someone based on if I like them or if they played well. If I agree, I agree....its not a choice to agree, its something you feel.

For me it is anyway.

Right Guys lets get that chant out again! had enough of him! , How does it go again ......

Adebayoorrrr Adebayooooor His dad washes elephants and him mum is a whore!

Ray

I think Ade was wrong to criticise the fans, but I liked the rest of what he said.

Id feel exactly the same if Lloris had said it.

I dont decide whether I agree with someone based on if I like them or if they played well. If I agree, I agree....its not a choice to agree, its something you feel.

For me it is anyway.

I see what you're saying.
But I can't help it. I hold more value to a persons comments if they come from someone of value/quality and I'm firmly in the Ade out camp.
And because he was the spokeperson, the message... for me at least has been tainted.

It's akin to hearing a message that everyone needs to buy more expensive secret santa presents from the one guy that severyone knows scrimps on the pressies

Right Guys lets get that chant out again! had enough of him! , How does it go again ......

Adebayoorrrr Adebayooooor His dad washes elephants and him mum is a whore!

Ray

To be fair... if I heard those chants about me and then later on in my career I played for that club with those same fans I'd never play 100%.

But then again, I wouldn't choose to play for that club in the first place

I think someone should tell Ade what happened to Chris Armstrong and Ramon Vega when they played for the club. I think he has got away with murder at times when you compare some of his performances to Armstrong's and Vega's and having played for the Arse.

I would also be interested to know if those people who say "don't boo" actually go to the games. When you spend time, effort and money to go and watch the games then you expect the players to at least have a go. I don't think there is anything wrong in letting the players know you think they haven't been performing.

If you don't boo how do you let the players/manager/club know you aren't happy or satisfied with the performances? A stiffly worded letter?

At this moment in time I see a lot of players on the pitch who I really don't give a shit about and if they didn't play for the club again I wouldn't care and you are the first one on my list Adebayor. There seems to be 3 factions at the moment, the fans, the club and the players when it really should be one. A lack of leadership and a complete lack of togetherness when we need it the most. Ideally someone needs to step forward and bring all parties together but I fully expect the club to stick its head in the sand as always.

I think someone should tell Ade what happened to Chris Armstrong and Ramon Vega when they played for the club. I think he has got away with murder at times when you compare some of his performances to Armstrong's and Vega's and having played for the Arse.

I would also be interested to know if those people who say "don't boo" actually go to the games. When you spend time, effort and money to go and watch the games then you expect the players to at least have a go. I don't think there is anything wrong in letting the players know you think they haven't been performing.

If you don't boo how do you let the players/manager/club know you aren't happy or satisfied with the performances? A stiffly worded letter?

At this moment in time I see a lot of players on the pitch who I really don't give a shit about and if they didn't play for the club again I wouldn't care and you are the first one on my list Adebayor. There seems to be 3 factions at the moment, the fans, the club and the players when it really should be one. A lack of leadership and a complete lack of togetherness when we need it the most. Ideally someone needs to step forward and bring all parties together but I fully expect the club to stick its head in the sand as always.
Then make the first move. I get booing after a bad performance. But mid-match, over a bad pass? That's just helping the opposition.

If people are complaining about a lack of leadership then they should step up themselves. If fans are claiming the relationship is broken, then seize the initiative and make the first step. Fandom isn't a passive exercise, but dwelling on only the negatives is not helping anything.

Lol I think you missed the point or maybe I didn't explain it well enough. You should work a couple of shifts with this guy and when you get all his work plus your own, you won't be thinking wow he's so sociable, he's doing something positive. You'll be thinking he's a cunt and that you've been shafted again.

Most people go to work and where they can try to have a laugh, take it easy, have some quiet moments... sure there's the jobsworths, the miserable cunts etc.
But work being work it has to be done at some point by someone.
Hell, I'm playing table tennis with my mates whenever there's a quiet moment but if a job comes in... get it done.

This guy and others I've met that I was trying to use an example..... do NO... ZERO work. Literally nothing except turn up on the premises and use every available union agreed process to get out of doing work. And that's how Ade is coming across to me.

I've got no problem with Ade being a goofball - Sandro was a goofball but when fit he destroyed on the pitch.

For footballers getting it done is on the pitch and lets not forget they get paid wages far in excess of what we earn for what a lot of us consider as a privilege. Not a few sentences to a reporter.

I'd prefer Ade to do something positive on the pitch which he aint doing. Maybe develop a decent first touch for starters.... not an unreasonable request for someone on his wage ;)

I also think you need to check the dictionary on what being brave means... it certainly aint brave to make a few offhand comments to some reporters that really amount to nothing whilst chilling behind the wheel of whatever supercar he's driving.
And unless he checks this forum, I doubt he'll have to suffer the "inhumane dignity of my attrocious comments" <gasp> how will that millionare sleep at night. Do me a favour.

No, but he does have to suffer the ridiculously fickle pampered fan boos while he's on the pitch. There's no denying that Ade isn't on form, but to say that he hasn't worked hard in any way this season is absolutely and utterly ridiculous. When we were winning at the beginning of the season, Ade was at the heart of everything.

Again, I'd say it's pretty brave to go out in public and request that the fans, who already seem to have a terrible spirit, step up their piss poor support. Honestly, people take it for granted... if I could be at every Spurs game you had better believe I'd be there cheering my lungs out, win or lose.

Ade is doing his job better than the fans are doing their's, bottom line. Oh, and I'd say a few "offhanded" comments, as you put it, are certainly more brave than sitting behind a keyboard and lamenting the amount of money a player makes and the car he drives. Definitely braver than booing in a crowd with other shit fans because we aren't top of the league.

it doesn't matter anyway... everyone has this bullshit preconceived notion about Ade. He clearly cares, or he wouldn't have said anything in the first place. Like sammyspurs sammyspurs said, if Lloris had said it everyone here would be at his dick like a pack of starved gerbils.

Then make the first move. I get booing after a bad performance. But mid-match, over a bad pass? That's just helping the opposition.

If people are complaining about a lack of leadership then they should step up themselves. If fans are claiming the relationship is broken, then seize the initiative and make the first step. Fandom isn't a passive exercise, but dwelling on only the negatives is not helping anything.

thank you

this "woe is me my team isn't playing well so i'll act like a stuck up cunt" routine is just outrageous.

Cant agree.

You either agree with someone or you dont.

If my best friend says the earth is flat, and my worst enemy says its round, its still round to me.

This is bollocks and you're missing the point. Different people saying different things draws a different reaction out of you.

If your mum/wife/daughter says they love you, it's normal. If Gibbs says he loves you, you'd guard your arsehole with your life.

Adebayor, lazy, under performing Adebayor who blames everyone but himself says the fans are to blame. Shock, horror, surprise. Another excuse.

Lloris might say the same thing, but obviously it's going to draw a different reaction as he doesn't hide behind anyone and has been harsh on Spurs in the past. He doesn't need an excuse for his poor performances like Adebayor, because he doesn't have any.

Jayc1 Jayc1

I do like ade but given all his faults I think its time we pulled the plug..

What faults?

He is a huge striker, paid over £100,000 a week, is expected to scare the shit out of people and give them nightmares. If you slack off for even a second he will score a hat trick against you. He dominates the game mentally and physically. It's been known several defenders call out for their mothers mid game.

Turns up in a beanie :harrylol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom