This is concerning to read

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ade has been poor, but in typical Spurs fan tradition, we've found our scapegoat.

Looks like Levy will get his pass again when he sells him on in January. Boy, we are so easily fooled.

I wonder what we be livid about come March............

Remember when Dawson was shit and couldnt play the highline and our defence would be much better without him.....?
Remember when the PE teacher winning games and attacking was not good enough for us...?
Livermore, Hudd, Caulker, Defoe.....all "shit"....

Id take them all back yesterday..
In fairness when Ade comes out with a statement like he did when he him self has been poor what does he expect?

However i do agree we do like a scapegoat here but for the record ive always disliked Ade and thought we never should have signed him

I just think that Adebayor does not have the merit to criticize when, hinself has been utter shite where as if Lloris was to perhaps criticize you could see some justification due to his standout performances.

It is like being told you are shit by someone at work who is shite themselves.

That's the issue, if it was Kane, Mason, Lloris, Walker then I think people would listen, coming from Ade with his over sensitive personality, lazy performaces etc it just seems very weird as you say like the most lazy person at work calling you lazy.

To me it sums up everything perfectly, we have lost our backbone players like Hudd, Parker, Defoe and Walker to injury so the sqaud is weak in the head. But who gets these players, who runs the transfer plans, who hires and fires at will, everything comes back to Levy, this is his team, his dream, his way, you are looking at Levy's Tottenham, in football, personality, development, even the fans have taken on his melt attitude, hire and fire mentality, the buck stops with Levy no one else.

I guess it is easier to take being bottom of the league when you have won the league twice, the cup and been a finalist in the champions league in the past few years.

Although I do agree that our shitty, toxic atmosphere offers nothing. Booing, moaning when a pass is miss placed will never help anyone and the annoying thing is, is that everyone seems to agree, yet everyone continues to fucking do it.
The culprits don't post here, they're too busy calling radio shows to slate Harry Kane; and reading red tops.

I just think that Adebayor does not have the merit to criticize when, he himself has been utter shite where as if Lloris was to perhaps criticize you could see some justification due to his standout performances.

It is like being told you are shit by someone at work who is shite themselves.

He´s backed the players and manager...not sure what you mean..

In fairness when Ade comes out with a statement like he did when he him self has been poor what does he expect?

However i do agree we do like a scapegoat here but for the record ive always disliked Ade and thought we never should have signed him

Again, he has criticised the fans (which Im against) not his team mates...

I dont see why him being poor keeps getting brought up. He has backed the team and manager.

I love the humour of the Dortmund fans - singing " it's a heartache" when bottom of the league.

We used to have that humour at the Lane but it's largely disappeared.

Totally agree!
But I feel... no fear that Sky/Premier League's packaging and branding of FOOTBALL AS THE MOST SERIOUS TECHNICAL IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD (and yes, I am saying in the 'That Mitchell & Webb sketch' voice!) has pretty much sucked the life, humour and enjoyment out of the game now...

...it's all fucking heat maps, twatter feeds from people not at the game, selfies from people who are, and post-match multi-format online graphs depicting the ALL IMPORTANT touch possession by the left back in the 3rd quarter... what happened to "whoever scores the most goals, wins!"????
We've all forgotten the reason we go to the Lane, or in fact any football ground... to be entertained, if not by the football, then at the very least by the atmosphere created by the fans... of both sides!

Now it seems it's all pre-recorded tracks played over a loud speaker when a goal is scored, and as for 'original' songs, it seems that we have settled for a general re-hashing of a Beach Boys classic by pretty much EVERY team in the Country as the 'go to' theme with which to 'support' our team!

...and don't even get me started on 'fan selfies' to prove to their Facetwat 'followers' they were at the match ...and as for fucking half-and-half scarves! 100% THE DEVIL'S WORK!!

Last edited:
He shouldn't speak at all, on behalf of anyone or himself. If he just quietly tries harder, the fans will notice and stop booing him.
It's not about him. It's about the squad saying to us "you're not helping." They appreciate the support they have gotten, which is why they stress the away games (where our support has been good). But that's not the same crowd as those coming to home matches. The WHL crowd are a problem. Not the only problem, but they are one. And the players can't do anything to change that. Those in the crowd have to make that change on their own.

It's not about him. It's about the squad saying to us "you're not helping." They appreciate the support they have gotten, which is why they stress the away games (where our support has been good). But that's not the same crowd as those coming to home matches. The WHL crowd are a problem. Not the only problem, but they are one. And the players can't do anything to change that. Those in the crowd have to make that change on their own.

Showing a ounce of fight and pride would actually go a very long way in changing that. I hate our fans with a passion mostly but it's an easy excuse for a player that has been shit for too long, rather than shoulder any responsibility himself.

I see him mention the fans, then "not blame" us. I see him talking about communication issues with Pochettino's "message," then call him a great manager. Where is the "We have been shit and I need to be better personally" part? All we EVER hear from these idiots are the same throw away "bounce back/ character" comments or passing the buck. It's been going on for years.

To show you a PERFECT example of how complete and utter bollocks it is to even mention the fans, look at Newcastle. EVERY season the players, Pardew and Ashley get dog's abuse, this season they started like shit and the banners and abuse rolled out again. They have reacted and have now won 5 on the spin. That's a team with worse players man for man than us that beat us, City and Liverpool back to back to back.

Showing a ounce of fight and pride would actually go a very long way in changing that. I hate our fans with a passion mostly but it's an easy excuse for a player that has been shit for too long, rather than shoulder any responsibility himself.

I see him mention the fans, then "not blame" us. I see him talking about communication issues with Pochettino's "message," then call him a great manager. Where is the "We have been shit and I need to be better personally" part? All we EVER hear from these idiots are the same throw away "bounce back/ character" comments or passing the buck. It's been going on for years.

To show you a PERFECT example of how complete and utter bollocks it is to even mention the fans, look at Newcastle. EVERY season the players, Pardew and Ashley get dog's abuse, this season they started like shit and the banners and abuse rolled out again. They have reacted and have now won 5 on the spin. That's a team with worse players man for man than us that beat us, City and Liverpool back to back to back.
You're again confusing the messenger and the message. It's not about Ade. It's the whole squad.

NUFC were better than the results suggested, and a bounce back was coming. Unfortunately against us. We will see the results bounce back for us as well, and the narrative will claim all sorts of things. But the underlying processes are what matters. Those take a lot of time to lay down.

You're again confusing the messenger and the message. It's not about Ade. It's the whole squad.

NUFC were better than the results suggested, and a bounce back was coming. Unfortunately against us. We will see the results bounce back for us as well, and the narrative will claim all sorts of things. But the underlying processes are what matters. Those take a lot of time to lay down.
You are right, it isn't just about Ade, but I think the main bulk of the hate is for him. You could feel it building during the past few months. He is blatantly lazy and I just feel a genuine lack of care coming from him. Next time you see him play, watch him compete for a header; it just completely sums up his attitude.

You are right, it isn't just about Ade, but I think the main bulk of the hate is for him. You could feel it building during the past few months. He is blatantly lazy and I just feel a genuine lack of care coming from him. Next time you see him play, watch him compete for a header; it just completely sums up his attitude.
I understand all of that. But the issue is we're reacting to the messenger and ignoring the message. Ade is not great. But we're matching his level.

The message.

It’s hard for the players. It’s not their fault and it’s not the fans’ fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response and things are not going our way.We just have to fight as a team and as a club to find a solution, the quicker the better. Will it help playing away from home? To be honest, I think so."

The message that it's our fault but not our fault and that they don't want to play at home anymore because it's our fault.....not our fault

If every player could do what the manager wants then we would win the Champions League. But we are not getting the message. He is a good manager, a good man — we just have to get what he’s telling us.

The message that they could win the CL and that Pochettino is clearly doing enough with them in training to be regarded by the team as being a "great manager" but they are too fucking stupid to "get what he's telling us."

I've defended Adebayor plenty over the years but if you are called from the bench and take an extra minute changing your boots, need help getting your shirt on and then produce the sum total of nothing (like most of the season so far) it's ill advised to then speak out about something negatively without addressing your own personal failings. This isn't me reacting "because it's him." The message from him is LITERALLY it's "the fans and Pochettino's fault but it's not the fans and Pochettino's fault." Oh and that “It’s hard for the players. It’s not their fault"

So everyone is to blame without being to blame, apart from the players, who it is hard for, but they aren't to blame at all because they are only dumb footballers that can't understand coaching but if they could they are good enough to win the Champions League.

Back
Top Bottom