This is concerning to read

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HowittzerCOYS

Relight my Dier
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...understand-what-pochettino-wants-9851053.html

"When you are playing in front of your own crowd you want them to support you,” said the forward (right), who came on in the second half yesterday.

“But now it is like going through a sad moment and your family not welcoming you home. That’s the worst thing ever because you have nowhere to go. I don’t know whether we should play at home or away. I was on the bench against Stoke and, though I could not see everything, I could see that nobody wanted the ball.

“It’s hard for the players. It’s not their fault and it’s not the fans’ fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response and things are not going our way.

“We just have to fight as a team and as a club to find a solution, the quicker the better. Will it help playing away from home? To be honest, I think so."

I've always felt that the fans need to be the 12th man. Booing during the 90 minutes is never productive.

That being said, these players need to realise that they aren't children anymore. They are highly paid professionals and sometimes you have to look at yourself instead of blaming someone else....and, what's more, Adebayor basically admits in the interview that the lack of performance is a sustained problem that has run through more than one manager. It is sustained mediocrity and the fans aren't knee-jerking. They're just tired of seeing very little sign of effort. It's all very well Ade saying that he always tries his hardest...but can he truly say that all his teammates are doing the same? I don't see how he can.

If he wasn't such a lazy shit then we wouldn't get on his back! If they came out fighting and looked like they all played their hearts out for the shirt I'm the fans would show appreciation whatever the result. Its watching lazy uninterested over-paid cretins mill about not doing their job that makes fans oppose and unwelcoming

“It’s hard for the players. It’s not their fault and it’s not the fans’ fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response and things are not going our way."

Not.....the......players'.......fault........ :confused:

What the actual fuck?

I agree. As fans, we have to do our bit to support our club no matter what. But that becomes increasingly difficult when you watch your players not give a fuck for 90 minutes. It's hard when the players are putting in lacklustre performances against shit teams.

I remember watching Celtic vs Barca in the CL a few seasons ago. Celtic played immensely. The crowd were absolutely ridiculous that game. You could see the influence of the crowd affecting the players.. And that translated back to the crowd. And they put in a superb performance.

Every player looked like they would die for the club that day. I don't think I've seen that from any of our players in a long time.

"its hard for the players its not their fault"....Fuck off yes it is. its not the fans who are not completing simple passes, Missing shots "sandra" could put away

Show us some Passion and show us why we paid all this money for you Then...Maybe we might get behind you. show us that you care as much as us

I actually kind of agree with most of his comments. The atmosphere can't be nice to play in. But at minimum, the players should show the same kind of respect, commitment and desire that we do for the club. No one is asking them to love the club and support everything about it. But as professionals, they have to show their desire to win at all costs, to live up to everything the club stands for and care for the crowd. Spurs fans pay some of the highest prices in the league to watch. The least the players can do is honour what the common person puts in to this club by playing like they actually care a fraction.

Completely the wrong player to come out with this.

It's hard to get behind the team when I don't like many of the players and want to punch them in the face for their spineless performances.

When the team played well (I'm sure I remember it happening) and we didn't score the fans still aren't great! Always what opposition have said about coming to white hart lane is stop us scoring within half hour and you'll probably win! I feel that's now five minutes though

think i have the solution to all our problems ....
lets knock down all the stands at WHL so there are no fans there to boo the players and with no stands we will have more space for a bigger pitch, all our problems sorted in one :pochfacepalm:

“All managers bring their own philosophies, the way they see football. But this is the fourth manager in three years, so now we just have to stop arguing about the manager."

He makes a point there, though.

Back
Top Bottom