The Qataris are coming

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fc Hotspur of Tottenham. Its coming.

Long as it's not the Tottenham Tigers or I guess with Middle Eastern owners the Tottenham Camels or whatever other animal is native to that region, still the colour red is disliked in certain Islamic traditions which is good so we should be ok for that.

People tend to moan a lot about the club but if you think about it we're a lot better off than a lot of other clubs..

Of course we are..... That's never been in question.... And for those of us around in the dark days of '70s relegation, and teetering on the brink of '90s liquidation, we can only breathe a MASSIVE sigh of relief at where the club currently are 'in the pecking order'.... Only problem is, we've been hoodwinked into believing that THE CLUBS THAT MATTER (i.e. The CL clubs, no one else counts according to modern football) are all ahead of us, and unattainable.... Unless significant investment comes our way first.

Long as it's not the Tottenham Tigers or I guess with Middle Eastern owners the Tottenham Camels or whatever other animal is native to that region, still the colour red is disliked in certain Islamic traditions which is good so we should be ok for that.

I THINK Tony Beale meant the splinter phoenix club that the fans have to set up, in direct protest to where the club is heading under Middle Eastern money!!
I may be wrong!!
Tottenham Camels indeed!!!

With regard to Chelsea's owner not wearing a Chelsea kit when he was a kid. Did our owner run around with a Spurs kit on? My guess is no.

Who goes to most of the club's games, Chelsea or Spurs' owner? This I know the answer to, it's Chelsea's owner.

So who is nearer to the club's roots? Answer, Chelsea's owner. Does it actually matter, not at all to me.

What I care about is trophies, glory. Who gives most to their club, Chelsea's, that's why I think Chelsea have a better owner than we do, That's why I think Chelsea and City's owners are better than the owners of every other club in the country, not just ours. They give their clubs undreamt of, unbelievable trophy returns, they have transformed their clubs. If we could get an owner as good as those two clubs I would love it.

I have been going on about the threat West Ham may pose for years now, ever since they got the OS. It could be a game changer, and there's a far greater chance of them pushing us into 4th place in London (for a child of the 60s like me that is sooooo sad BTW), via a billionaire benefactor, than when they were still at Upton Park.

I thought Daniel Levy was a life-long Spurs supporter? And he's always around, isn't he. I know he's only the chairman but surely it must count for something.

I thought Daniel Levy was a life-long Spurs supporter? And he's always around, isn't he. I know he's only the chairman but surely it must count for something.
You do know that Levy is not the owner? I'm talking about the money men, the owners. The people that really matter.

If Levy can find a billion or so to buy the club and run it City and Chelsea, then great let him take control.

Yep, Spurs fan well before ENIC.

I may have mixed feelings for the man, but one thing I am certain of is that he's just just a money making mercenary like he's made out to be. I do think he genuinely wants success. I just don't think he knows how to balance football decisions against business ones.

I think you've misunderstood. I mean an FC united of Manchester style protest club.

Levy owns 25%.

He may not be a majority shareholder, but he clearly exerts influence as both a co-owner and the man tasked with day to day operations.
Yep, so where's the money that City and Chelsea's owners put in. That's what counts.

Don't get me started on what Levy's day to day involvement has led to, because words like Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho are going to come up.

Bottom line, 14 years of ENIC, one League Cup, nowhere near good enough.

It's like riding a helicopter to the top of Everest. Or being born on third base thinking you hit a triple. No thanks.
At the moment, you are standing on Everest, two hundred feet from the summit, having wanted to see the view from the top your whole life. You look up to the summit and see the three or four most cunty of cunts standing there gasping at the glory of their view.

A helicopter buzzes into view. The pilot drops a rope ladder and beckons you on board.

You shake your head and start your descent.....

Also why do people keep referring to Joe Lewis like he has a major involvement in the running of the club. The guys a shadow investor. He owns ENIC that owns us. Its not like he used his own personal wealth to personally go out and buy us for his own amusement. From what I've always understood, Its all Levy. It was his idea to buy a controlling stake in us. He pitched it to Lewis. Lewis is nearly 80 and lives in the bahamas, like he gives a fuck? As long as his investment is being looked after, he has no reason to get involved. And he's got his best man on the case, Levy. Who whilst I'm not his biggest fan, i do accept he has a very difficult job. On the one hand he has to run a successful football club, that stays competitive. But on the other, he has to make sure his own, as well as others investment doesn't lose value. and spunking your own personal fortune to buy aguero and hazard, isn't the way to go about staying in the black.

Levy is our Abramovich. And he is a fan. He did wear the shirts as a child most likely. Thats why he grew up and got his rich mate to help him buy us. Thats why he's sat up in the west stand at every game. He's big dog, Joe lewis is basically a silent partner.

So why mention Levy, cheers for reading my post? :thumbup:

Because he is a major part of our club? It's not just about the money you put in (ENIC?) but what you do with it (Levy). You're suggesting Chelsea's owner is nearer to the club's roots because he goes to the occasional match when our very own chairman, who oversees pretty much everything that has to do with this club, grew up as a Tottenham Supporter. :dembele:Yes, Levy doesn't own the club but surely I should still be able to mention him in a conversation about which club's management is closer to the roots.

Because he is a major part of our club? It's not just about the money you put in (ENIC?) but what you do with it (Levy). You're suggesting Chelsea's owner is nearer to the club's roots because he goes to the occasional match when our very own chairman, who oversees pretty much everything that has to do with this club, grew up as a Tottenham Supporter. :dembele:Yes, Levy doesn't own the club but surely I should still be able to mention him in a conversation about which club's management is closer to the roots.
Mention what you want, but show me the money :thumbup: (or even better the trophies :thumbup::thumbup:)

At the moment, you are standing on Everest, two hundred feet from the summit, having wanted to see the view from the top your whole life. You look up to the summit and see the three or four most cunty of cunts standing there gasping at the glory of their view.

A helicopter buzzes into view. The pilot drops a rope ladder and beckons you on board.

You shake your head and start your descent.....
No, you shake your head and keep walking up. It's not a helicopter or nothing situation.

Back
Top Bottom