The players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think its a mix of several things, a disagreement, knocks, poor form - Poch must be sick of these people not doing the basics correctly and sadly has very few he can turn to, I just think these guys love sensationalizing it like its the fucking hunger games, Kaboul was made captain by this guy, he owes poch for that and for being the one thta was kept when dawson was told to go
Agreed. The way the ITK story is packaged is very tabloid.

Thanks for posting as reflected the game I saw today. It honestly looked like they were drugged. Lennon's and Naughton's performances were the worst performances I have EVER seen anyone play in a Spurs shirt. Naughton is a poor player playing out of position, Lennon however couldn't give a shit today, which is totally unacceptable.
Every touch he took was too heavy. Usually has no problem getting past players (end product can be questioned) but he was woeful today.

If only he looked this dangerous on the pitch...

article-0-1A0A3347000005DC-255_634x503.jpg
WHAT A PUMP!!!!

not buying the 'hardly any service' excuse anymore, he had plenty of chances, he just couldn't hit a barndoor, Defoe is not a better player then soldado, we're shit out of luck at striker position

Today was the first time under AVB where I thought level of effort was a problem. Pretty shameful performances from most. Maybe the dressing room is lost. Who is to know?

The worst thing is, Liverpool were not even that good. They just kept rushing the ball to Suarez and then backing it with runs from Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho, interchanging. That is all it takes to unbalance our defence.

The literally did not need to do more than a give-and-go outside the box to get a free shooting chance inside it.
That will be remedied once we have more first choice defenders back, we've always looked pretty damn solid then, unless ofcourse more than one of them has a major fucking off day.

Wrong. I can blame most players today, but not Soldado.

@ AberdeenYid AberdeenYid I agree to a great extent. But he seems to have lost the dressing room. Whether that's his fault or the players' fault doesn't really matter. The fact remains.
Very much this. I think you can only really take player blame so far. If they are unhappy in how they are being told to play or are getting demoralised by poor results then it's the manager who must be looked to overall. Fish rots from the heard first.

The worst thing is, Liverpool were not even that good. They just kept rushing the ball to Suarez and then backing it with runs from Henderson, Sterling and Coutinho, interchanging. That is all it takes to unbalance our defence.

The literally did not need to do more than a give-and-go outside the box to get a free shooting chance inside it.

This is what I thought as well. Everyone (fans+media+Rodgers) are saying Liverpool played their best match ever. I think any team in the PL would've beaten us yesterday. We were a crap team and they took the ball from us.

Back
Top Bottom