The players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
AVB has got questions to answer and he may well be on his way out.

However, the guys on the field today should take the brunt of the blame. I'd except Lloris, Walker, Chadli and Soldado.

Dawson and Capoue are good enough to stay beside Suarez when he starts running towards goal, surely?

Naught on was a disaster. Fryers not much better.

Dembele shouldn't have bothered turning up. Sandro should admit when he isn't fit and Paulinho was a fucking idiot to get sent off.

And how many chances do we give Lennon? He should have torn that wee car stereo thief a new arse today and did fuck all.

Fuck playing for the manager, they should play for us. Useless cunts.

However, the guys on the field today should take the brunt of the blame. I'd except Lloris, Walker, Chadli and Soldado.

Dawson and Capoue are good enough to stay beside Suarez when he starts running towards goal, surely?

Dembele shouldn't have bothered turning up. Sandro should admit when he isn't fit and Paulinho was a fucking idiot to get sent off.

And how many chances do we give Lennon? He should have torn that wee car stereo thief a new arse today and did fuck all.

Naughton isn't Prem quality in my view but I do think it is very unfair to play the lad at LB of all positions.

Naughton isn't Prem quality in my view but I do think it is very unfair to play the lad at LB of all positions.
If only he looked this dangerous on the pitch...

article-0-1A0A3347000005DC-255_634x503.jpg

Thanks for posting as reflected the game I saw today. It honestly looked like they were drugged. Lennon's and Naughton's performances were the worst performances I have EVER seen anyone play in a Spurs shirt. Naughton is a poor player playing out of position, Lennon however couldn't give a shit today, which is totally unacceptable.

Thanks for posting as reflected the game I saw today. It honestly looked like they were drugged. Lennon's and Naughton's performances were the worst performances I have EVER seen anyone play in a Spurs shirt. Naughton is a poor player playing out of position, Lennon however couldn't give a shit today, which is totally unacceptable.
Every touch he took was too heavy. Usually has no problem getting past players (end product can be questioned) but he was woeful today.

Everytime I think about him, I just get more angry. Surely this can't be normal?

I feel sorry for the poor fucker.
It's not his fault he is shit, and it's not his fault the manager picks him out of position.
I honestly would not be surprised if he burst out crying after the double team spit roast he got.

His spurs carer is over.

You just need to find him and fuck him, and all the anger will fade.

On a serious note though, he's a fucking awful left back.

Agree. Naughton was absolutely dire today. But I don't necessarily blame him as it's bloody tough playing LB when you're right-footed. I blame the management and their sheer fucking incompetence at not buying a left-footed LB while allowing BAE to go out on loan. Would rather see a young kid like Fryers out there trying and making mistakes than square pegs in round holes.

Our wingers have been sub-par this season. This is what i don't understand, why not try and give Lamela a few starts if you notice that the other wingers aren't any better?

I'm looking forward to the next round of "We'll bounce back" and "we'll do it for the fans" statements.

I say "looking forward to," I actually mean not really looking forward to at all.

I say "not really looking forward to at all," I mean I'd rather cover my knob in honey and deep dick a beehive.

Lloris - Made one mistake in the first half but instantly atoned for it with a nice save from Suarez and by and large he kept us in the game for large periods by being quick off his line - 7

Walker - Was fantastic in my opinion and has been all season, he is just about the only player who looks like he cares, he very rarely gets beaten by his man and his positioning is, slowly but surely, getting better. He looked more threatening than Azza going forward whilst being solid at the back as well. - 7

Dawson - Was found out in a big way today and I don't necessarily think that this was entirely down to Suarez, I partly blame the system for his performance as he is clearly not a centre back that is adept at playing a high line he just isn't quick enough. His distribution is god awful, those cross field balls are doing my head in and he very rarely completes one. - 3

Capoue - Absolutely anonymous today, the Liverpool players were walking past him like he wasn't even there he certainly didn't make Dawson's job any easier. I think he was found out big time as a centre back today after two relatively easy rides in his last two games there. On top of that his passing today was horrific he must've given the ball away four times inside the first five minutes of the first half. - 3

Naughton - Probably the worst performance I have ever seen from a Spurs player, he runs around his left foot like it is a fucking maypole and cannot defend for his life. Sterling made him look like a pub team player today, feel slightly sorry for him as he is clearly not a left back but there are no excuses for a performance as diabolical as that. - 1

Sandro - Difficult to judge his performance today because of the early injury but even for the short amount of time he was on the pitch he was largely invisible and didn't have his usual impact on the game. - 4

Paulinho - Stupid sending off, can't say much more than that due to the fact that he didn't do a lot more than that, a couple of nice flicks but that is about it. - 5

Chadli - Didn't think he had a particularly bad game and looked semi-threatening down the left at times, kept the ball fairly well and did his fair share of tracking back. Not one for the purists but a decent game today. - 6

Lennon - Possibly his worst performance in a Spurs shirt for a very very long time, didn't threaten Flanagan much if at all and when he did he either failed to get a cross in or the cross that he did get in was very poor. Didn't seem to give Walker much help defensively which is strange and just didn't look up for it today. -4

Soldado - I continue to sympathise with him, purely because he is not getting anywhere near the service a striker of his quality deserves, he worked fairly hard today and made some decent runs but still needs better support if he is ever gonna be a regular scorer for Spurs. - 6

Holtby - Almost managed to swing the game in our favour when he came on but just couldn't do it by himself, put himself about a bit and moved the ball quickly and effectively, still not fantastic but looked like he actually wanted to play and gave his all. A travesty that he didn't start. - 7

Fryers - Nothing wrong but nothing that right. - 5

Townsend - Looked mildly threatening when he came on but didn't have enough time to really impose himself on the game. - 5

not buying the 'hardly any service' excuse anymore, he had plenty of chances, he just couldn't hit a barndoor, Defoe is not a better player then soldado, we're shit out of luck at striker position

Back
Top Bottom