The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With this new Brazilian, albeit young and inexperienced and with pride hurt City are bound to come at us real hard.
Quite right

46362187.jpg

We have received too many plaudits for my liking this week. Much too many and in my opinion we face City arguably at the worst possible time.

With this new Brazilian, albeit young and inexperienced and with pride hurt City are bound to come at us real hard.

We are going to need be absolutely ready for the onslaught but if we can wrest that midfield I think we can do some damage.

But we need to approach the game with the right focus and not get carried away by journalists whose opinion changes like the wind.

Yeah I know what you mean, it don't sound feel right us getting talked up as favourites.......
Has fatty mers on done his predictions yet? Long as he has us down for a loss we should be ok ......
:wanyama:

To be honest, this wave of optimism doesn't sit right with me... it didn't before the Chelsea game either, and that turned out alright... so maybe there is summit to be said for going into games with a bit of confidence for once!

But let's not confuse confidence for arrogance!
I'm not taking anything for granted... we've been down that road too many times before to truly get that nagging feeling - that it's all gotta come crashing down at some point - out of my system!

Come on you Spurs... prove us negative Nora's wrong... and all the positive Pete's RIGHT!!!

I was quietly confidant before the Chavs game and more so now

Can't see anything else other than a comfortable win

COYMS

Chelsea optimism was fine though for me. We have been outstanding at home this season. Chelsea had 1 win in 11 years at WHL and that was when we were managed by Sherwood and we were always going to be more up for it.

With City, you never quite know what you're going to get. They have ridiculous amount of talent in their team. Guardiola is one of the best coaches in the world and he won't accept two losses in a row.

A draw would be a great result.

Poch never leave.... written by Cristián Grosso
Exactly, what do people in Argentina know about you?

"....in Argentina ‘Guardiola begins to think about retirement’ sells more than ‘Pochettino ends Conte’s unbeaten run’. I get it. I played for Newell’s. I was on the national team, but I wasn’t a great player. I understand that i have to do many more things to have the attention of the Argentine media and for that to get me closer to the people.”

Poch knows the future..:kaneshh:. Its gonna be the headlines next week

Chelsea optimism was fine though for me. We have been outstanding at home this season. Chelsea had 1 win in 11 years at WHL and that was when we were managed by Sherwood and we were always going to be more up for it.

With City, you never quite know what you're going to get. They have ridiculous amount of talent in their team. Guardiola is one of the best coaches in the world and he won't accept two losses in a row.

Actually it was under AVB that we lost to them

If we go a goal down i'll take a draw, otherwise 3 points please

We win this weekend and i'll start to believe.

You've got to expect that everyone else up there will win this weekend with some comfortable fixtures apart from ours. But their next couple of fixtures see Chelsea away at Liverpool and Home to the scum.

Dare i say it, potential banana skins aside. We could be a point or two off the top come February?

We win this weekend and i'll start to believe.

Maybe but depends what Citeh decide to turn up. If they play like they did v Leicester at home last year 1-3, then I'd expect to beat them easily.

If they play like the first 60 mins v Chavski, really up for it, and we still beat them well, then yes.

Otherwise, if we go to Liverpool and run them off the park and beat them well, well yes that would be a massive statement for me.

I don't want us to be arrogant about going into this match. Treat it with the utmost professionalism and I think our 'A' game is much better than theirs is. Yes they have players that can hurt us, but so long as we approach this like we have the last 6 matches why not 3 points for us. We have been very hard to beat all season and we should be proud of that fact.

Let's not forget we put 4 past Southampton who, haven't conceded that many at home in however long. A bit of faith in our own abilities, to now get results away from home.

Who'd have been happy with 8pts from Watford, Southampton, Chelsea and WBA?
Id have thought that would be good going.

Who'd have laughed if someone predicted we would have taken 12pts, scored 16 goals, conceded 2 and completely outplayed Chelsea in every part of the pitch?

Yes, there will be blips, but for crying out loud, just take off the reigns and fuck caution for once. Enjoy it and laud it, we've waited long enough to feel this way.
If this is not the time to believe we can go to Eastlands and spank City, then there never will be a time.

No its not a given....never is. But why is it always the next game. Ive heard so many times that if we win this next "must win I will start to believe".

But will you? Or will you wait til next week? Sunderland are fighting for survival after all, thats never easy......and dont forget we've still got to go to Anfield. Maybe wait to see if beat Liverpool first?

Shake it off Yids, and let yourself bask in THFC. Win lose or draw tomorrow, things are changing.
Great times.

Back
Top Bottom