The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well if they defend like against Everton they're going to need a miracle worker.
ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Unless i'm totally wrong and it's a dire 0-0 where we both cancel each other out... i've got a feeling this is gonna be an old school stupid scoreline... 4-5... 7-9... 4-4... 6-4...
Although I'm sure Lloris wouldn't settle for anything other than '0'... with the probability of Wimmer at the back and Dele/Kane up top... anything is possible in the wild and wacky world of Tottenham right now!

Has to be Davies. British league, British players. #MakeTottenhamHotspurAgain

Throwing a 19 year old at the best defenders in the league for his first ever PL game....Guardiola must have a lot of faith in him.

or more likely just desperately needs something other than what he has had already. He has to force a change and a player on their debut tends to do better. But it's his non offensive players that are the problem. We're going to beat them heavy.

Unless i'm totally wrong and it's a dire 0-0 where we both cancel each other out... i've got a feeling this is gonna be an old school stupid scoreline... 4-5... 7-9... 4-4... 6-4...
Although I'm sure Lloris wouldn't settle for anything other than '0'... with the probability of Wimmer at the back and Dele/Kane up top... anything is possible in the wild and wacky world of Tottenham right now!
We've conceded .67 goals per match average. Suddenly we're going to concede 4/5/6 in a game? Nah o_O

3 at the back or 3 in midfield?

We've done well with 3 at the back, however we beat them last time with a midfield 3. Tougher call than many will realise imo, especially with Sissoko performing well.

In Poch we trust.
Early part of the season, City were pushing a few forward, doubling up on the wings. They were beating other teams with a wide forward line touching both wings. They will look to stretch us across the back. For example, Sterling staying wide and hitting the line every time. they will want to pin back Rose and Walker. We need to do the opposite and push them back. It will be a battle of wills. We are the team on form, together and rested and getting the goals. There is no reason why we cant win this and collect all 3 points.

We have received too many plaudits for my liking this week. Way too many and in my opinion we face City at arguably the worst possible time.

With this new Brazilian, albeit young and inexperienced but with real promise and with pride hurt City are bound to come at us real hard.

We are going to need to be absolutely ready for the onslaught but if we can wrest that midfield I think we can do some damage.

But we need to approach the game with the right focus and not get carried away by journalists whose opinion changes like the wind.

Back
Top Bottom