The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 2 real hammerings we got off City were with Fazio/Kaboul and Chiriches/Dawson at centre back.
6-0 away, didnt we had a red card (and AVB as manager)
0-5 home: reffed out of it.
Dawson disallowed goal at 0-1 just before HT, dunno why. We'd come back into the game having been battered for the first 20 mins. Then Rose red card and penalty (red card rescinded, typical) just after HT.

I was at that match and was impressed with the team effort and how well the crowd stayed with them. at 0-3 we even got a goal back. Good effort from all, even Mr. Adebayor who scored. Thousands stayed singing till the end.

Same scoreline as the 0-5 v Liverpool (h) that sealed AVB fate. Completely different match in many ways. Very different crowd reaction too.

Jesus is officially registered in time to play
Jesus is coming
jesus.jpg

LOOK BUSY

Gabriel Jesus is a very talented young player, but if he's anything like other young ones coming to Europe he will need a lot of patience before he can be trusted to be a threath on regular basis. Would be rather crazy to throw him in vs Spurs.

Well if they defend like against Everton they're going to need a miracle worker.
I think that this is why I'm feeling fairly confident of a positive result. Their defense is in shambles at the moment and although it's possible that they can all have the game of their lives, they are going to be back on their heels from the start. If we can keep them pinned back, our defense is more than capable of handling their forwards.

I think that it's almost a duplicate strategy we came out with against the chavs, but they don't have a successful run under their belts and they look disorganized.

Back
Top Bottom