The Mighty Lilywhites vs BHA Orangemen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Tim was bang on the money with most of his views tonight. Loved the way he stood up for Kane. Out of him, Harry Poch and AVB, I'd back the two Englishmen overall.
I don't think so. In one breath he ranted about how if you cut the lads brought through the ranks in half they would bleed the colours of the club, they are not looking for their next move. He included Lampard in his examples? What , also like players brought through the ranks who bled the colours where not looking for the next move like Ferdinand, Defoe, Carrick, Cole, A.Cole, Caulker, Sol Campbell, Wayne Rooney etc, etc. All players are looking for their next move unless they reach the pinnacle. Terry and Gerrard are anomalies. Gerrard must have had his reasons for not joining Jose x2 and If Abromovich hadn't bought success, would Terry not have gone somewhere else if he had an offer?

If I would have been with him I would have told him he is talking shit, as he saw Lamela, saw him play, trained with him and selected him.
He says Spurs favour foreign imports, and he favoured Bentaleb, a French Algerian who came through the Lille academy and joined us 2 yrs ago. He also has stated that he told Levy to sign Eriksen when he saw him at 18. So, isn't Eriksen a foreign player? He was instrumental in loaning Mason to his best mate Power at Swindon. If he thought Mason was the next Gerrard why did he not loan him to the other EPL side that wanted him. No He thought they didn't have a system that would benefit Ryan so sent him and others to his pal ( and was best man at his wedding) Lee Power at Swindon -along with a few sales. He's a cunt. And the worst kind, a cunt with hindsight.
He came off like a scorned woman.

Last edited:
So you come on here to belittle someone who doesn't know who Billy Nich was but you clearly don't know which stand is which... OK M8

:soldadowtf:
Yep, cause I think it's more important to know the name of the greatest Spurs manager who produced a team which developed an ethos which we still follow today than know the points of a fucking compass

don't be so fucking arrogant.
I have known and worked with, and been proud to call friend, several gay (both genders) people.
I made no disparagement to that community - just you for trumpeting the cause in a match thread. So the people hitting dislike to my posts need to understand that distinction.
How they live their lives is a choice they make freely - just like you or I. Most of the ones I have met were perfectly happy in their lives, living without regret or discrimination. I feel no need to worry about a sector of society that are in that position, particularly as they have demonstrated a pretty impressive ability to stick up for themselves.
Disabled people - most certainly people born disabled have no choice. Some have no ability to do anything.
Get over yourself fella - you are not the last surviving friend of that sector of society.

Jesus christ all I said was that I thought it was good that the homophobes were shut down. If you have gay friends then surely you should agree with me. All I was "trumpeting" was that some wallys weren't allowed to sing that shit. I really didn't expect to be writing essays about this 2 pages on.

Not being arrogant in the slightest. You came on here and had a go at me and everyone else who sang other songs to drown out the silliness, you really didn't help yourself by bringing in disabled people who "have it harder" as that is neither here nor there.

I go for a singsong and a laugh with my mates and to get pissed at football and not to hear any sort of discrimination, whether that's under the guise of "banter" or not. It happened at the Brighton MATCH and I have every right to discuss it on here in the same way everyone discusses atmosphere, pie prices, stewards being wankers and Lamelas loose bowels. :lamelashock:

I made a gentle joke at your expense, because you bought it up. You then gave an arsey reply and I gave you my opinion, that there are better causes to fight for than anti - GBLT comments made by half wits. I stand by what I said, which is that all they have to deal with are "sticks and stones" issues (its just words) whereas disabled people, who get shoved away in a corner, often at pitch level where they can't see the game are almost always ignored or given the shitty end of the stick.
You then decide to misinterpret pretty much everything I said, to ram your point home, and attempt to belittle me, saying I don't help myself with my comments. Comments that you didn't understand and took as being derogatory to the GBLT's. Which they weren't.
I'm just standing up for my POV, like you are.

At least you have the decency to do it, rather than just hitting dislike and running away - so credit to you for that. I don't really disagree with your point, only where you made it.

What are you talking about you mug, the Park Lane and Shelf Side exchange chants. That's what Gazza306 Gazza306 was referring to.
Can you read? Are you as brain dead as the two cunts look in your avi? Literally just had a severe stroke at you calling me a mug.

I'm not sure which one you are in your Avi but fuck... Never large it to someone you don't know, kid.

Last edited:
Are you sure? Cos during say the last ten times at Spurs, I've had rows on at least three occasions, once a massive 'outside if you want it' row. That last time was enough for me, usual problem, set of boring, cliquey, moaning whinging STHs. Stick me in the middle of them who wants to sing and cheer for the team, result, friction, leading to, well you can guess. Decided there and then I'm way too old for this, the Tottenham I loved died a long time ago.

Only 1882 represent the Tottenham I fell in love with.
That's because you're an agitating old bellend.

I made a gentle joke at your expense, because you bought it up. You then gave an arsey reply and I gave you my opinion, that there are better causes to fight for than anti - GBLT comments made by half wits. I stand by what I said, which is that all they have to deal with are "sticks and stones" issues (its just words) whereas disabled people, who get shoved away in a corner, often at pitch level where they can't see the game are almost always ignored or given the shitty end of the stick.
You then decide to misinterpret pretty much everything I said, to ram your point home, and attempt to belittle me, saying I don't help myself with my comments. Comments that you didn't understand and took as being derogatory to the GBLT's. Which they weren't.
I'm just standing up for my POV, like you are.

At least you have the decency to do it, rather than just hitting dislike and running away - so credit to you for that. I don't really disagree with your point, only where you made it.

There are infinitely better causes to fight for, but causes that are on my doorstep if you will are ones I would like to tackle first. I don't see anywhere else on this site that was a better place to make it than on the match thread for the game I heard it at.

I was done with this but I can't not pull you up on this comment
"all they have to deal with are "sticks and stones" issues (its just words) whereas disabled people, who get shoved away in a corner, often at pitch level where they can't see the game are almost always ignored or given the shitty end of the stick."
Do you think racism at football is a sticks and stones issue and we should let that go?

There are infinitely better causes to fight for, but causes that are on my doorstep if you will are ones I would like to tackle first. I don't see anywhere else on this site that was a better place to make it than on the match thread for the game I heard it at.

I was done with this but I can't not pull you up on this comment
"all they have to deal with are "sticks and stones" issues (its just words) whereas disabled people, who get shoved away in a corner, often at pitch level where they can't see the game are almost always ignored or given the shitty end of the stick."
Do you think racism at football is a sticks and stones issue and we should let that go?
At its most basic level, unless it turns to violence - all of this bullshit is just words, people are as offended as they want to be.
I'm pink and live in a predominantly black community, I face casual racism on a regular basis, and ignore it - or laugh at it if its funny. I don't feel a need to be offended by it, so I treat it for what it is, just words.
What I'm not going to do is stamp and shout about it, and get upset.

At its most basic level, unless it turns to violence - all of this bullshit is just words, people are as offended as they want to be.
I'm pink and live in a predominantly black community, I face casual racism on a regular basis, and ignore it - or laugh at it if its funny. I don't feel a need to be offended by it, so I treat it for what it is, just words.
What I'm not going to do is stamp and shout about it, and get upset.

Similarly I'm male and have worked in predominantly female companies (both shop floor and management), I faced casual sexism all the time but you have to just rise above it.

I don't think so. In one breath he ranted about how if you cut the lads brought through the ranks in half they would bleed the colours of the club, they are not looking for their next move. He included Lampard in his examples? What , also like players brought through the ranks who bled the colours where not looking for the next move like Ferdinand, Defoe, Carrick, Cole, A.Cole, Caulker, Sol Campbell, Wayne Rooney etc, etc. All players are looking for their next move unless they reach the pinnacle. Terry and Gerrard are anomalies. Gerrard must have had his reasons for not joining Jose x2 and If Abromovich hadn't bought success, would Terry not have gone somewhere else if he had an offer?

If I would have been with him I would have told him he is talking shit, as he saw Lamela, saw him play, trained with him and selected him.
He says Spurs favour foreign imports, and he favoured Bentaleb, a French Algerian who came through the Lille academy and joined us 2 yrs ago. He also has stated that he told Levy to sign Eriksen when he saw him at 18. So, isn't Eriksen a foreign player? He was instrumental in loaning Mason to his best mate Power at Swindon. If he thought Mason was the next Gerrard why did he not loan him to the other EPL side that wanted him. No He thought they didn't have a system that would benefit Ryan so sent him and others to his pal ( and was best man at his wedding) Lee Power at Swindon -along with a few sales. He's a cunt. And the worst kind, a cunt with hindsight.
He came off like a scorned woman.
Well, to me he spoke a lot of sense, and I found myself agreeing with him mostly, I also think he's very entertaining at times.

Similarly I'm male and have worked in predominantly female companies (both shop floor and management), I faced casual sexism all the time but you have to just rise above it.
It also seems that the people who make the most noise about sexism, racism, homophobia etc etc - are people being offended on other peoples behalf. The groups that most of this stuff is aimed at more often than not are quite capable of ignoring it or laughing at it.
I once found myself in the company of about 30 female nurses (I was dating one of them) who were far worse than any group of men I have witnessed in reverse circumstances (including in the army) and they topped the night off by stripping me naked in the lift up to her accommodation.
Strangely - I didn't feel the need to complain either, it was a rather surreal evening
Its a brave new world now though.

It always makes me laugh with the Park Lane / Shelf Side chant, do the other sides of the ground never join in? Is there never a we're the South stand?
Back in the 2004/5/6 days, I sat in the Paxton and we used to sing we're the Paxton, but just at the same time as the Shelf sung. So to us in there, it just sounded like we're the park lane and we're the paxton.

Would be class to get 4 groups going round and round the ground. But the west stand singing? :vert:

Back
Top Bottom