The boo-boys of White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

So, as somebody who is bemoaning the moaning, and lack of atmosphere, will you lead the applause and chants if Ade comes on? (3rd time)

For the benefit of the team and being positive.

Or is it still ok to slate him for his juju?
Classic Sammy, no response to the bulk of the reply so picks out another debate to curve it too.

Answer, Ade comes on, Ade comes on. He's Spurs, he'll get my support in our shirt. Out of it, fuck the mentally deficient cunt.

Good for you using the classic politicians move though.

I-See-You-Meme-3.jpg

5-0 at home to Pool under AVB was possibly the most disgusting thing Ive ever witnessed.
How can anyone say they´ve never seen the team not try?

The boos were definitely deserved.

And on the contrary one of the best away days ever, the whole end bouncing up and down for 15 minutes chanting Yid Army Yid Army at 4-0..

Goes to show, when the shite is not the norm, the fans can get over a loss, and even laugh off a spanking.
Yeah Fulham away was quality. You can never imagine that happening in a home game though, can you? Our away and home supports always have been very different.

Personally I think there is a little bit of looking back with rose tinted glasses here. Whilst I agree our support was better in the 90s, I can remember plenty of home games which involved booing. I can't speak for the 80s or earlier, as I started going properly in mid-90s. Actually I remember a game against Norwich in the early 90s (when I was very young) when we were 3-0 down and the crowd was excellent (finished 1-3). That always surprised me, looking back. So, unless that Norwich game was a one off, maybe it began to change in mid-90s.

Lolz thats the best u could respond i guess not your mistake when opposition makes a valid point and u know there is no way to argue ppl often go for personal attack like spelling n all ,not everyone but few lowly heads do that, anyways its always better to talk abt spelling n all when u cant reply in footballing terms, i can understand and i dont feel any need to sit down n do all that if ur not able to understand neither the meaning nor football ,i guess ur not worth it

i always guess not your mistake too

LOLZ

Classic Sammy, no response to the bulk of the reply so picks out another debate to curve it too.

Answer, Ade comes on, Ade comes on. He's Spurs, he'll get my support in our shirt. Out of it, fuck the mentally deficient cunt.

Good for you using the classic politicians move though.

I-See-You-Meme-3.jpg

I appreciate your consistency. And your balls going at me like that.
I see a bit of me in you.

:harryhmm:

I dont understand why people are so insistent on dragging every single person at the club into an argument.
And the fact is, wether the chairman is Levy, or someone else. Whoever the manager is. Whoever the players are. Whoever the social media manager or the tea lady is. We'd still be putting 11 men out on a pitch to kick a ball with another 11 men, hoping our 11 are a bit better. The manager, the chairmen even the players themselves are pretty irrelevant. We could swap out every human being working for the club, yet the exact same shit would still happen.

Also, this whole thing started because we let a 2 goal lead slip. So not only would there be none of this if we'd won, but also its pretty harsh against a stoke team that have looked pretty good in their 2 league games so far and actually beat us twice last season. Its all just so fucking pointless!

You from Thamesmead?

Nah, live in Deptford. Is that where you're from mate?

Interesting thing happened at a Thamesmead preseason game recently. They were playing Clapton, who have a notably left wing fanbase. A load of fascist activists showed up at the game, attacked the Clapton fans, throwing bottles, bricks, etc. game had to be called off.

Booing is not a modern problem. I have no issue with people booing after the game. I was screaming in my car at the disgraceful and typical performance I was hearing. Anyway will always support the team but a little boo after the game is fine.

I have no doubt the players prefer away days. Away we're the best there is and it's noticeable.
"Will it help playing away from home? To be honest, I think so.

"At least you know I am going to be having the majority of opposition fans booing me rather than our own fans booing me. And I am not just talking about me, I am speaking on behalf of all the players.

"I think it might be better to play away from home at the moment because at least we know beforehand we are guaranteed to be booed because they want their home club to win.

"But when you are playing at home and your own fans start booing you after a few minutes then it is harder.

"Right now, to tell you the truth, I think a lot of players when they put on the shirt and go out on to the pitch are finding it hard in the head.

"Obviously I have been through a lot in life so I am used to it.

"It’s kind of hard when you know the first bad ball you make the fans are going to boo you.

"When you are playing in front of your own crowd you want them to support you. But now it is like going through a sad moment and your family not welcoming you home.

"That’s the worst thing ever because you have nowhere to go. At the moment I don’t know whether we should play at home or whether we should play away.

"Obviously I was on the bench against Stoke and, though I could not see everything as clear as night, I could see that nobody wanted the ball. It’s hard for the players.

"It’s not their fault and it’s not the fans’ fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response and things are not going our way at the moment.

"We just have to fight as a team and as a club to find a solution. The quicker the better.

Adebayor

He got absolutely slated for that. The abuse for him got worse....Im pretty sure some of the uber positive massive are the type of fans that think Ade is fair game.
(Not you)

Last edited:
Nah, live in Deptford. Is that where you're from mate?

Interesting thing happened at a Thamesmead preseason game recently. They were playing Clapton, who have a notably left wing fanbase. A load of fascist activists showed up at the game, attacked the Clapton fans, throwing bottles, bricks, etc. game had to be called off.

Fucking hell!

Yeah from Thamesmead, born in Woolwich, extended family in Woodgreen (thankfully).

I remember Thamesmead v Pyramid under 10s getting abandoned for dads fighting when I was little!

"Will it help playing away from home? To be honest, I think so.

"At least you know I am going to be having the majority of opposition fans booing me rather than our own fans booing me. And I am not just talking about me, I am speaking on behalf of all the players.

"I think it might be better to play away from home at the moment because at least we know beforehand we are guaranteed to be booed because they want their home club to win.

"But when you are playing at home and your own fans start booing you after a few minutes then it is harder.

"Right now, to tell you the truth, I think a lot of players when they put on the shirt and go out on to the pitch are finding it hard in the head.

"Obviously I have been through a lot in life so I am used to it.

"It’s kind of hard when you know the first bad ball you make the fans are going to boo you.

"When you are playing in front of your own crowd you want them to support you. But now it is like going through a sad moment and your family not welcoming you home.

"That’s the worst thing ever because you have nowhere to go. At the moment I don’t know whether we should play at home or whether we should play away.

"Obviously I was on the bench against Stoke and, though I could not see everything as clear as night, I could see that nobody wanted the ball. It’s hard for the players.

"It’s not their fault and it’s not the fans’ fault either because the fans want to see a result, the fans want to see a response and things are not going our way at the moment.

"We just have to fight as a team and as a club to find a solution. The quicker the better.

Adebayor

He got absolutely slated for that. The abuse for him got worse....Im pretty sure some of the uber positive massive are the type of fans that think Ade is fair game.
(Not you)
The beef there is who is saying it. Ade doesn't have the right to call us out like that, he hasn't endured like we have.

He has, in general, been payed very handsomely in some very decent years for us.

Although I disagree with who's saying it, I can admit he has a point.

I wasn't there on Saturday (not a real fan, obvs), but was it really as bad as Ade says before Stoke scored? I would have thought that it being the first game back it would have been a good atmosphere, especially being 2-0 up HT.

Conceding two bad goals in the last 15 mins and dropping points is going to ruin anyone's afternoon. I don't condone booing it, but that's all it was. If it was 2-1 then no one would have given a shit about it. Football fans are fickle, just a shame that some think they're entitled to never see a bad performance or collapse by their team. Does beg the question as to why they're watching Spurs though.
:adeohshit:

I wasn't there on Saturday (not a real fan, obvs), but was it really as bad as Ade says before Stoke scored? I would have thought that it being the first game back it would have been a good atmosphere, especially being 2-0 up HT.

Conceding two bad goals in the last 15 mins and dropping points is going to ruin anyone's afternoon. I don't condone booing it, but that's all it was. If it was 2-1 then no one would have given a shit about it. Football fans are fickle, just a shame that some think they're entitled to never see a bad performance or collapse by their team. Does beg the question as to why they're watching Spurs though.
:adeohshit:

Ade's quotes were from last season. So yeah, clearly not a real fan.

:memelol:

I remember reading in one of the Spurs books, think it was in the Glory Game actually, and it talks about a Spurs player getting regularly booed by the crowd because he was rubbish. So, yeah, these things have always happened.

I must admit, I don't like it when our crowd boos our own players. But it's not a new thing and it's weird when football fans start trying to out-fan each other.

I remember reading in one of the Spurs books, think it was in the Glory Game actually, and it talks about a Spurs player getting regularly booed by the crowd because he was rubbish. So, yeah, these things have always happened.

I must admit, I don't like it when our crowd boos our own players. But it's not a new thing and it's weird when football fans start trying to out-fan each other.
I think its the context of it. I remember in the 90s when the team line-up was announced whenever Edinburgh was announced everyone would laugh, Can't have been great for the guy but he was shit, and people were neither fans of his nor supporters, They wanted him gone. But Saturday was booing the whole team. If you are neither a fan nor a supporter of the team then what the fuck are you doing there. I can understand their frustration with the result but it was the first home game of the season and we drew! As Windy says, manage your expectations a bit. Bale's gone and he's not coming back.

Last edited:
One question I have - how are people meant to convene their dissatisfaction with the team and the performance?

Personally, I couldn't be asked to boo on Saturday as several thousand other people in the ground kindly did it for me, I was already over the result and thinking how if Stoke had gone for it then we would have probably lost.

Not every loss/draw etc. deserves booing, but if there is no criticism then the likes of Levy thinks all is well. I strongly doubt strongly worded letters and posts on here make any kind of difference.

People on here and the club itself like to bang on about being the best and the clubs history but that is a double edged sword cos you raise people's expectations.

Do true winners accept defeat in good grace?

Back
Top Bottom