The boo-boys of White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No the Sun,up on the edge of the town.This was the 80s.i had left the area by the 90s ,but used the Rye house previously as well.Still an ok pub now.Was in there about a year ago

Didn't Lewis Hamiltons Dad use it and bring that big headed little Gooner Twat in with him sometimes??
I think he used to use the Rye House kart track as a kid?

Not sure mate,but...
The rye house cart track was world standard not so long ago(had the world championships there) so wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I use to prefer watching the Speedway next door from the trees in the fairground camp.They use to throw bricks at you if they didn't know you, but I was ok coz I had boxed with one of them for a while :) The fair boys, not the speed way riders

May I ask that if the atmosphere at WHL is tense and frustrated, with loud choruses of boos after games a fairly common factor over the last three years, isnt it fair to assume that the general feeling amongst the majority of Spurs fans is not an overly happy one.

I think its odd that the minority of happy clappers bring up the "poisonous atmosphere" as a point, but all the time forgetting that if there view was the popular one, the atmosphere would be buzzing.
That's not the truth of the matter at all.

Those that boo, boo. Those that don't, leave. You hear it because the booers are the ones projecting their voice.

It is not the majority, not even close. It is a loud minority. A fickle minority who on the one hand bollocks Defoe for being a ''useless black midget'' then minutes later is singing ''Jermain Defoe is a yiddo'' after he scores. This is the kinda cunt I deal with around me and unfortunately, they are the loud minority. I wallow in my displeasure in the pub with the lads.

Fuck me, I remember the days when the moment after conceding was the loudest the Lane was.

The place is a graveyard, and people can criticise people that go and then moan about the booers on here, but we're just looking for the old Lane back where it was fun no matter what and people didn't have some misguided sense of privilege. Mainly because, it's the same fucking people that made it good back in the day.

The people I moan about in the shelf have been going decades. Through the shitty 90's yet now we come 5th consistently have become utter arseholes. I don't get it. People revel in slagging us off and it just ain't cricket.

Last edited:
People revel in slagging us off and it just ain't cricket.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth then accuse the supporters of being Happy Clappers if we don't join in their Slagfest..

Celebration-Time-Cmon__600_450_q50.jpg

I know the mug will read this, but I'll take him at his word and talk about him in third person.
I actually put this prick on ignore, but then the forum is just full off people arguing with someone you can't see. But it is clear who it is by how fucking pissed off and frustrated they are with the unseen Gooner troll.

"I wonder what's going on here - take off ignore - ARGHH MY BRAIN - put back on ignore"

lucky those stats dont show the style of play.
George Graham and Gerry Francis. fuck, it was dull.

and anyone that thinks we didnt boo in the 90s needs reminding..we fucking destroyed Ramon Vega. He may have been shite, but we made fucking sure he knew we thought he was really shit. By the time we finished with him, his Mrs used to boo him when they shagged.

We did destroy Ramon Vega. But fuck me me was he shit. Better than Fazio mind.

I hated Gerry Francis. Almost as much as I hate Levy now.

That's not the truth of the matter at all.

Those that boo, boo. Those that don't, leave. You hear it because the booers are the ones projecting their voice.

It is not the majority, not even close. It is a loud minority. A fickle minority who on the one hand bollocks Defoe for being a ''useless black midget'' then minutes later is singing ''Jermain Defoe is a yiddo'' after he scores. This is the kinda cunt I deal with around me and unfortunately, they are the loud minority. I wallow in my displeasure in the pub with the lads.

Fuck me, I remember the days when the moment after conceding was the loudest the Lane was.

The place is a graveyard, and people can criticise people that go and then moan about the booers on here, but we're just looking for the old Lane back where it was fun no matter what and people didn't some misguided sense of privilege. Mainly because, it's the same fucking people that made it good back in the day.

The people I moan about in the shelf have been going decades. Through the shitty 90's yet now we come 5th consistently have become utter arseholes. I don't get it. People revel in slagging us off and it just ain't cricket.

You're a pup. No offence but you have no idea. Going to the lane meant something. You never knew what was going to happen. Sometimes it was great. It was always a laugh. And sometimes you saw skill and attacking football.

And what about during the game?
If the majority of fans are in the happy camp, with a full belief that we are progressing on the pitch and playing attractive well thought out football, why is the atmosphere so flat.
It wasnt under Jol for example. Was the football better under Jol? I think so. Do you?

Why is the term "Spursy" so well known?
Why do fans get anxious when 2-0 up, or even 3-0 up, and the oppo score?
Is it because they have such a strong belief the team and manager can cope?

Hmmmm odd, because I fucking love Defoe, but I think its fucking dull right now. Id have never have sold him. Where do people like me fit into that theory?

So do I. But those were the days when we didnt ship 60 goals, even with one of the best keepers in the world.
Maybe people are fed up of a 3yr bottle job.

The place is a graveyard, and people can criticise people that go and then moan about the booers on here, but we're just looking for the old Lane back where it was fun no matter what and people didn't some misguided sense of privilege. Mainly because, it's the same fucking people that made it good back in the day.
And as I said, if the majority are happy, then maybe they should sing up more during matches..

You dont even see the answers in your own questions.
Those guys in the shelf moaning have seen it all before. People call them glory hunters who want instant gratification......yet then say we are better now and they moan.
Clearly, league positions arent all that counts to everyone. Poor football has an effect on certain people Im afraid.

Its not that everyone enjoys moaning, its just that whats served up nearly every week pisses people off.

I mentioned it before, and will mention it again.
Of all the people who just want to have a laugh and sing "no matter what", will you be singing and chanting and clapping Adebayor should he be used on Saturday?

Or is your uber positive outlook reserved to when you feel like it?

Last edited:
Good point.
But for some reason I remember it being a lot duller than before.
I like mason and have high hopes for Alli and Wimmer.Not sure about Clinton,but am hopefull

Poch is dull. His eyes are too close together. He looks confused all the time. I would rather we still have AVB. Sure it was boring but I could see what he was doing. It was just Levy never backed him. I wish he was in his 4th season.

Nothing has changed. Just a new manager cowed by Levy 'don't lose' ethos.

The game is about glory. Or fail. But try to reach those heights.

You're a pup. No offence but you have no idea. Going to the lane meant something. You never knew what was going to happen. Sometimes it was great. It was always a laugh. And sometimes you saw skill and attacking football.
I've been going 20 years now on and off. More on than off I should qualify. Nowt to do with being a pup. I'd argue I have more idea about the Lane than most.

Last edited:
I was generalising a bit (probably because I'm stuck in the east stand most of the time)

But I think blaming the new generation is just as bad. I honestly don't think we have had a huge influx of new fans with a shit attitude. Don't see a huge amount of young fans

Most of the people who are my age and similar are pretty vociferous in their support both home and away. There are a fair few as well usually. I'm probably part of this 'new generation' that is spoken about and I'd say its quiet clear us younger fans don't have a shit attitude generally.

And what about during the game?
If the majority of fans are in the happy camp, with a full belief that we are progressing on the pitch and playing attractive well thought out football, why is the atmosphere so flat.
It wasnt under Jol for example. Was the football better under Jol? I think so. Do you?

Why is the term "Spursy" so well known?
Why do fans get anxious when 2-0 up, or even 3-0 up, and the oppo score?
Is it because they have such a strong belief the team and manager can cope?

Hmmmm odd, because I fucking love Defoe, but I think its fucking dull right now. Id have never have sold him. Where do people like me fit into that theory?

So do I. But those were the days when we didnt ship 60 goals, even with one of the best keepers in the world.
Maybe people are fed up of a 3yr bottle job.

And as I said, if the majority are happy, then maybe they should sing up more during matches..

You dont even see the answers in your own questions.
Those guys in the shelf moaning have seen it all before. People call them glory hunters who want instant gratification......yet then say we are better now and they moan.
Clearly, league positions arent all that counts to everyone. Poor football has an effect on certain people Im afraid.

Its not that everyone enjoys moaning, its just that whats served up nearly every week pisses people off.

I mentioned it before, and will mention it again.
Of all the people who just want to have a laugh and sing "no matter what", will you be singing and chanting and clapping Adebayor should he be used on Saturday?

Or is your uber positive outlook reserved to when you feel like it?
You negative bunch only see things in black and white. Whether it's Enic or the Lane. Just because I'm not vociferously negative in my outlook like you I must be uber positive, right? No. I am in the grey where I can be disappointed but optimistic for the future. I know that kinda thing freaks you guys out but that is the truth for lot of us.

Sammy, don't fall into your old habits of twisting words and creating falsehoods. Just because I said the booers are the minority DOESN'T mean I said the majority are happy ''with a full belief that we are progressing on the pitch and playing attractive well thought out football''. It means the majority aren't cunts. People can be disappointed and not boo.

And sorry mate, I'm not being told what the Lane is or isn't by someone who doesn't go. I don't judge you for it, you live overseas, but, I'm not being told what the place is by someone who doesn't actually go and experience it first hand most weeks. It's not a case of saying one is better fan than the other, it's quite obvious you care as much as anyone, but when it comes to shit like this, experience of it is key to form a reputable opinion.

The main problem with you negative noo noo's is you think that if people aren't on your side of the fence they must be equally as far on the other side...

There are either melters or happy clappers. When the fact is, most of us reside in the middle somewhere.

As I said, the loud minority will always be seen and heard rather than the quiet majority. Positive or negative.

the old Lane back where it was fun no matter what and people didn't have some misguided sense of privilege.

This is the main problem as far I am concerned. Back when we were mid table and nothing more the Lane was a laugh and we would get hugely into the games where we were winning and still back the team when we were down (cos it happened a lot!).

Since we've got 'good' our fans have developed some kind of misplaced sense of entitlement that Spurs should be playing the same football as we saw in the brief Champs league period where we were genuinely shit hot and now nothing else will do. Misplaced passes get moaned EVERY time, even if they are through balls or risky. Losing at HT more often than not gets greeted with murmers or boos if we are playing an 'inferior' team.

Wouldn't surprise me if the players preferred to play away than at home with the atmosphere we are cultivating.

You negative bunch only see things in black and white. Whether it's Enic or the Lane. Just because I'm not vociferously negative in my outlook like you I must be uber positive, right?

13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

So, as somebody who is bemoaning the moaning, and lack of atmosphere, will you lead the applause and chants if Ade comes on? (3rd time)

For the benefit of the team and being positive.

Or is it still ok to slate him for his juju?

This is the main problem as far I am concerned. Back when we were mid table and nothing more the Lane was a laugh and we would get hugely into the games where we were winning and still back the team when we were down (cos it happened a lot!).

Since we've got 'good' our fans have developed some kind of misplaced sense of entitlement that Spurs should be playing the same football as we saw in the brief Champs league period where we were genuinely shit hot and now nothing else will do. Misplaced passes get moaned EVERY time, even if they are through balls or risky. Losing at HT more often than not gets greeted with murmers or boos if we are playing an 'inferior' team.

Wouldn't surprise me if the players preferred to play away than at home with the atmosphere we are cultivating.
I have no doubt the players prefer away days. Away we're the best there is and it's noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom