The boo-boys of White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One question I have - how are people meant to convene their dissatisfaction with the team and the performance?
Cancelling your season ticket is the only way, I'm sure the club couldn't give a fuck about someone who's going to boo if they have already bought a ticket...

The furious battle of Happy Clappers Vs Melts has crashed the article.

:levywhoa::pocheyes:

Lol. What about the third option? The chest beaters who brag long and loud abou:angryscouser:t not booing, what a huge true kvlt fan they are but get blackout drunk at games and just go for the crack and don't actually like watch the game. So many kvlt fans I see chat chat chat back to the game and it seems like all they want to do is have company and dry hump people when we score and go mental.

There are literal tourist fans, but there are so many fake football fans who don't give a shit about the game. They just want to be a part of a gang and get out of the house. It's a big part of it, but some people are 100% not interested in the game.

I can't imagine myself standing on my hind legs and shouting boo. It's just not going to happen - I'd feel ridiculous.

It's not a pantomime.

Maybe people could post them in?

Lol. What about the third option? The chest beaters who brag long and loud abou:angryscouser:t not booing, what a huge true kvlt fan they are but get blackout drunk at games and just go for the crack and don't actually like watch the game. So many kvlt fans I see chat chat chat back to the game and it seems like all they want to do is have company and dry hump people when we score and go mental.

There are literal tourist fans, but there are so many fake football fans who don't give a shit about the game. They just want to be a part of a gang and get out of the house. It's a big part of it, but some people are 100% not interested in the game.

More of an away day thing i suppose. C.P.Company and tales of how it all got a bit nawty.

Celtic v Malmo last night....Celtic fans were immense (Malmo´s too)

The noise was chronic the entire game, from every corner of the home support even after Malmo scored.
They won 3-2, but Malmo got right back in the tie with a 95th minute goal.

At the final whistle, the whole ground booed.

Does that make their support shit? Does that mean it will be a morgue on Saturday?

No, they showed a second of dissatisfaction to what happened.

Get over it.

More of an away day thing i suppose. C.P.Company and tales of how it all got a bit nawty.

Yep.

It was a worse issue in my home club before they got a new stadium. Now the Swansea fans are great, singing and still a sense of humor etc. The old Vetch used to be right next to a prison in the chav part of town. Holy shit some of the "fans" were... The surrounding pubs were a nightmare.

Full of this:

Always kicks off among themselves. ALWAYS. They spend more time rolling around in each others arms than they do their long suffering wives.

So aggressive, emotional and constant snot and tears. :vdvdive:

The fundamental need to belong can be fulfilled in many different ways. I can understand why so many got caught up in it back in the day, but It's all so cliched and oversubscribed now.

"Hold up boys, let me just tweet this before you get your tools out."

I think the vast majority of football fans want to be part of a gang, whether or not violence is involved.

Well in this instance its irrellevant. The American chap who is moaning says he heard it at the end of the game so it had no effect on the outcome. Constructive or not.

I don't think booing has any effect anyway. If it did why does it not work in the reverse way when the opposition is booed?

As I said the real problem is people taking their support of a football team far too seriously and it clouds their mind to the extant that they actually think they can influence a game positively or negatively.
I don't think that's right. At least exactly right. I think booing your own players or one in particular (Chris Armstrong?) can be counterproductive IMO.

Football crowds have changed dramatically over the past few years..
I blame the CL, video games and Twitter.
CL has turned many into Melts who are obsessed with the diving cheating Uber clubs from Spain and Germany. Wanting to be a part of that Hollywood fake football is all that some can think of..The obsession with signing CL players is laughable..
I really enjoyed our season in the CL but to me it's not the be all and end all.
As for Twitter, All this does is encourages fans to troll one another and use words like Lolz..
I'm afraid you'll never beat the experience of standing on the terrace having a few beers before and after.. Those days were proper football..
Now it's booing, slagging the club off, Twitter and selfie sticks..
Huh Kids today..
Yep agree. The problem for me is the 'fan experience ' has been devalued. Living in the Midlands now me and the wife only get to around 3-4 games a season. Bit of a wrench from when we were ST holders. Went to Stoke and both of us were incredibly excited. Not Man U, not the arse. Stoke! It's the whole thing. All of the things you don't get unless you go to games now and again. A bag of chips from the chinky on White Hart Lane. Chocolate and coffee at half time (can't drink now as I'm driving). Discussing latest rumours with whoever is sat next to you. Listening to the results in the queue to get back on the Great Cambridge Rd.

It's not people's fault if they live overseas but too few people get the 'whole' experience anymore.

The last thing I want to do is boo the players. I just want to drink it all in.

Yep agree. The problem for me is the 'fan experience ' has been devalued. Living in the Midlands now me and the wife only get to around 3-4 games a season. Bit of a wrench from when we were ST holders. Went to Stoke and both of us were incredibly excited. Not Man U, not the arse. Stoke! It's the whole thing. All of the things you don't get unless you go to games now and again. A bag of chips from the chinky on White Hart Lane. Chocolate and coffee at half time (can't drink now as I'm driving). Discussing latest rumours with whoever is sat next to you. Listening to the results in the queue to get back on the Great Cambridge Rd.

It's not people's fault if they live overseas but too few people get the 'whole' experience anymore.

The last thing I want to do is boo the players. I just want to drink it all in.
Superb Chips, it has to be said

Yep.

It was a worse issue in my home club before they got a new stadium. Now the Swansea fans are great, singing and still a sense of humor etc. The old Vetch used to be right next to a prison in the chav part of town. Holy shit some of the "fans" were... The surrounding pubs were a nightmare.

Full of this:

Always kicks off among themselves. ALWAYS. They spend more time rolling around in each others arms than they do their long suffering wives.

So aggressive, emotional and constant snot and tears. :vdvdive:

I don't have enough hands on the end of my arms to applaud that!!
Fucking yoot!!! I'm so glad they're Welsh... 'cos England ain't got ANY cunts like that representing their clubs!!

Fook me we've not got a chance in hell of making it beyond 2020 if THAT'S our future!!

Back
Top Bottom