Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is wrong with some spurs fans? Swansea are a bloody good side who have beaten united at home. Why do we think we have the god given right to win every game? Yes I would of been pissed off had we lost today but instead we got a decent draw in which we probably deserved more. We are on a decent run and this vibrant young spurs side are now unbeaten in the league since opening day. We have lost only 1 league game all season. We are currently only 3 points behind 2nd place. What more do you want? We are ticking along nicely and have an excellent team there.

I don't know, personally, I don't think a 2-2 draw away to Swansea is as bad as some guys here are making it out to be. We've played a lot of footy over the last few weeks and Swansea arnt a half decent side playing under a good manager. Plus players minds on international duty. Tough game to just turn up and win by 5 goals to 0. I'm not unhappy to be honest, we had our chances, they had theirs and 2-2 is a fair result for this Spurs team at this time.

Captain negative here, of the anti-Poch brigade...

More encouraging signs I thought. Stupid defensive errors let us down, but overall I thought we looked more dangerous and carved out the better opportunities (which were squandered). Our movement on the break was excellent at times and I think we'd have scored another 1 or 2 from those situations if it wasn't for some heavy touches from N'Jie, wastefulness from Townsend and lack of decisiveness from Kane. Fundamentally though you have to look at two free kicks from Eriksen as being what bailed us out from the wayward finishing.

I really wasn't upset at what I saw today because:

1. It was exciting, entertaining SPURS football
2. We had some great chances
3. Swansea at home are a very capable team

Yeah, probably my first real optimism about Poch for around a year has started to emerge. Who'd have thunk it?

*edit* just seen we had 11 shots on target to their 2. That's pretty impressive.

Just watched it.
Thought we were really unlucky not to win in the end.
Walker needed more protection vs montero in first half but I actually thought he won more 1v1s than he lost. I think there was just one time in the second half he lost his cool and tried to fly in and got done.
Townsend is frustrating as ever. Whenever he's on the ball it's 60-40 he'll do something shit but not enough to write him off.

Ashleigh williams was immense. Without him we would have scored several more.

Disappointed with the draw but only because I feel we did enough to win.

Was a very entertaining game though which is what everyone's been clambering for.

sammyspurs said:
Alli off please...his naivety is costing us up front, silly fouls that let them off the hook all the time.
Dembele on to give us some composure in the middle.

Our attacking is diabolical today. Static and predictable....who'd have known with Chadli and Eriksen together....oh....everyone but Poch..

You've slagged off our two best players today in that statement-you're the only knob round here mate.

You're only happy if we fucking lose or play shit, pathetic supporter.

Dominated that today, thought it was a good team performance. Nice run of unbeaten games now building up and hopefully we can get a couple of the injured players back for the next run of games in a couple of weeks.

Pleeeeeeeease.....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont talk to me Sammy.....Im not interested.....pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease top

Wanker

You might have noticed that up until today I've refrained from engaging with you since well before the Leicester game. Possibly not, because you argue with so many people that you probably forget who you're arguing with day to day, but someone advised me that you're not worth the time and they where right.

You quoted my post that wasn't directed at you at you and used it out of context to support your tedious rhetoric, as is your way. I was civil and polite with you in my attempt to remain passive you but you continued to provoke and mock me.

You wanted to get a rise out of me and it worked. I'm concious that the last few pages have been tedious as fuck for the majority, so I apologise for that.

You're a troll of the highest order Sammy of that there is NO doubt. A good one admittedly, but the fact that you thrive on negativity and confrontation is nothing to be proud of.

Last edited:
Yet Dembele is not good as a DM and his best performances have by far been further forward.

As I said, its not a magic show, where you peel off a name and say "he can fill in".

Dier has improved us immensley...a Poch masterstroke. Are you suggesting it wasnt really a big change and we had effective DMs anyway? Bizarre.

I said back in the transfer thread that Dier would probably end up leaving if he wasn't one of the first choice CB's - Poch had everything to gain by playing him at DM, but obviously l didn't think he'd make the transition so smoothly. Cover for him is a different story, but by solving two potential problems in one Poch deserves a lot of credit. It's easy for us lot to theorise, but he has to stand by it. Masterstroke indeed.

Last edited:
Alli off please...his naivety is costing us up front, silly fouls that let them off the hook all the time.
Dembele on to give us some composure in the middle.

Our attacking is diabolical today. Static and predictable....who'd have known with Chadli and Eriksen together....oh....everyone but Poch..
Bizarre call that one mate (saw you retracted it) it's not player X with Chadli, it's Chadli with anyone. Dembele was ineffectual as usual. Dembele, Chadli are not the way forward - both too lethargic for this team. Eriksen gets us points, The other two don't.

Who could forsee Kane being so poor in front of goal as well?

Yeah, all those fans on a forum who thought signing a back up striker was pretty important.....what were they thinking.

Out of form, injured, whatever. He has no cover...people on here called it months ago. The club fucked up, and a huge number of fans patted them on the back for it.

Back
Top Bottom