Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good performance, deserved to win, nothing fell for our players in and around their area, seeing Eriksen be the player he can be again is very encouraging

Once we have Chadli out and Njie or Son in his place we will be formidable

Bore, bore, bore, bore, fucking borefest.
SammySpurious

Why are you not telling me how wrong I am anymore with a 2000 word essay of how our squad is so good and everything will be great with the kids and how we dont need cover for Kane and Dier.....?

Penny's dropping all over the gaff, mind your heads

Bentaleb is a cracking little player that will be fighting hard to win his place back I think he will have a big career and I have total faith in the lad doing a job for us and he's getting better and better

Agreed. Significantly fewer dolphin references these days though.

Which is more about the dangers of rating players through twitter and not what they do on the pitch.

Chadli has never been very good. He's always been a decent option, who plays average more than he plays well.
His goals are important, and he can be a threat. A decent option that should not be first name on the team sheet.

People rode the wave (no pun intended) of this dolphin stuff, and much like Holtby being funny on twitter, decided he was a right lad so should start every game.

When the novelty wears off though, only the average footballer remains..

Entertaining game, especially last 5-10mins both teams going for the win.

Well earned point but we were the better team. Can only say The Swans had the better of us once which was a 10min spell at beginning of the 2nd half. Beautiful save from Loris at the end, that was the only thing he had to do!

Great to see Eriksen getting back to form.

We are building a tasty, hard working, young side here. I like it.

deadly serious. swansea are a good side.
already beaten utd there this season.
happy enough with a draw.
frustrating as we could have won but then again lloris saved us at the end from defeat.

we are on track for 5-7th.

i guess if we want top 4 then we need to turn these sort of draws in to wins.

but i dont think top 4 is realistic.
which is why i had a meltdown over pochs team selection against Woolwich.
still would rather have beaten them than city.
but i guess i should let it go.
move foward!

2 weeks off for some injured players to return.

then its liverpool home, & then anderlecht & bournemouth away.
We will finish 1 - 20th.

No I don't , just go back to last season's visit to OT where he needlessly gave the ball away leading to Rooney's goal. And he did the same this season!

He's a liability!

The kid's 20 years old!

Weigh up his good performances against his bad?

WastefulRashCanadagoose.gif

Last edited:
And they're only 3 points off top... Difference is... right now, they'll think they're in with a chance of the title (and I have an awful gut wrenching feeling they might have a point) we on the other hand, are competing with about 6-7 clubs for whatever's left of 4th!
Today coulda been a real statement of intent... we've beaten them 7 times IN. A. ROW... we're their bogey team... but instead we're left with trying to seek solace in gaining a point... 2 points went begging today and I hope that taking Kane off with 5 mins remaining wasn't an admission that we should be happy with that point.

The teams between us and 4th are Palace, Leicester, Spam and Everton. Cheat ski are 5 points behind us and 9 goals worse off.
Happy days.

I propose that there should be a Forum rule that nobody posts on the Match Thread until 24 hours after the game. It might help the blood pressure. Btw Townsend is the most predictable player in the Premier, Chadli the most frustrating and Loris is a worldy.

I think we should install a little railway for Townsend at WHL.
It'll go up the wing then cut inside the final third and stop there. Then he can get off his little train and take a shot.
It'll save him loads of energy.

Back
Top Bottom