Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good performance, deserved to win, nothing fell for our players in and around their area, seeing Eriksen be the player he can be again is very encouraging

Once we have Chadli out and Njie or Son in his place we will be formidable

Okay so you want more Lamela criticism? Townsend had opportunities to win the game but consistently messed up. It is incredibly annoying. Lamela did not help walker and should be (and has) been criticized for that. People can hold two opinions about two players at the same time.
Sorry what? i think Lamela was criticised by me and someone else and that's it. townsend has been criticised near enough every other post and have you read some of the 'criticsm'?

A total lack of effort by Lamela who couldn't be bothered to help a teammate. Townsend cannot be criticised for lack of effort...bad decision making sure but i'll take that over someone that's couldn't give 2 shits about tracking back and helping out.

Chelsea--Jose-Mourinho-Press-Conference.jpg

And you dont think he could?

Tit

If he had crossed the ball???? (I know he's shit at that) But we N'Jie in the box and Alli on the edge of it, they only had two defenders. Sometimes you can't defend a player for being a mug.
njie whos last shot was going for a throw in.
i just mean they werent likely to score either.
so i dont think he cost us the game.

I'm not sure why the fuck people are talking about league positions and point differences with only a quater of the season gone. It all means fuck all. Getting into the next round of a cup competition we can win would be a more realistic point of conversation.

Brenda Rodgers gone.

What I took from today is what a great team performance that was.
Yep, Lamela could have protected Walker better...maybe Lloris could have come for that 'dinked' cross leading to the first goal... but then we have Eriksen back firing on all cylinders.
That AMF (Eriksen, Lamela & Chadli) combo have been pretty dire in the past but, credit where credit is due, they were excellent in the first half.
I can't wait to see N'jie really get going...from his cameos so far he has impressed with his decision making and I know technically he will be excellent coz the French put a lot of
emphasis on that part of the game.

Don't get me wrong... I don't think Chadli is the answer either... he really is the poor man's Andy Sinton (OK, bit harsh perhaps!!)
Townsend & Chadli on either wing are not gonna get us 4th place... and you can quote me on that come May!
u dont get 4th with 1 striker. 5th is our target

There are 4 points separating 2nd and 10th place in the table.

4. Points.
iam sure it will end like that too. palace bound to get 3rd. no chance of them slipping down & the table to take a truer look as the season goes on.

Sorry, but that post-Europe hangover is a myth. We averaged almost 2 ppg after EL-games last season

Early season last year when we were fitter and had a bigger squad helped but actually we fucked Scammers league game and cup final post Europa and over the years it isn't a myth, teams struggle across the season.

Back
Top Bottom