Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs said:
Alli off please...his naivety is costing us up front, silly fouls that let them off the hook all the time.
Dembele on to give us some composure in the middle.

Our attacking is diabolical today. Static and predictable....who'd have known with Chadli and Eriksen together....oh....everyone but Poch..

You've slagged off our two best players today in that statement-you're the only knob round here mate.

You're only happy if we fucking lose or play shit, pathetic supporter.

wouldn't of been too happy before the match with a point but coming back from behind twice is good to see and not an awful result by any means against a useful side, the big shame for me is that I truly believe we have a really good starting 11 that could really do things this year but the lack of depth in key positions will hold us back and stop us achieving anything of note

And they're only 3 points off top... Difference is... right now, they'll think they're in with a chance of the title (and I have an awful gut wrenching feeling they might have a point) we on the other hand, are competing with about 6-7 clubs for whatever's left of 4th!
Today coulda been a real statement of intent... we've beaten them 7 times IN. A. ROW... we're their bogey team... but instead we're left with trying to seek solace in gaining a point... 2 points went begging today and I hope that taking Kane off with 5 mins remaining wasn't an admission that we should be happy with that point.

The teams between us and 4th are Palace, Leicester, Spam and Everton. Cheat ski are 5 points behind us and 9 goals worse off.
Happy days.

I don't understand the question, can you explain?

Its the same vein as people last week calling out anyone who had doubts about Poch and asking "ARE YOU NOW CONVINCED THEN??!!".......well actually, as you point out, no, Im not.
Full strength midweek, team suffered today, Chadli and Eriksen in the same team when it doesnt really work etc....

Same with Lamela....one good week, and suddenly he had proved everyone wrong.

Well, he hasnt proven a thing yet, as shown by today..

There are 4 points separating 2nd and 10th place in the table.

4. Points.
Yeah, but it's only 3 points for a win... and you only need to be ahead by 1 point to win the league...
I don't know what point i'm making... but you know... we've beaten them every other time before, under far worse managers... what's our excuse today...Townsend isn't Bale perhaps??

sammyspurs said:
Alli off please...his naivety is costing us up front, silly fouls that let them off the hook all the time.
Dembele on to give us some composure in the middle.

Our attacking is diabolical today. Static and predictable....who'd have known with Chadli and Eriksen together....oh....everyone but Poch..

You've slagged off our two best players today in that statement-you're the only knob round here mate.

You're only happy if we fucking lose or play shit, pathetic supporter.
... and if Sherwood or Redknapp comes back, most probably.

Hahahahahha oh man this site amazes me.

Townsend gets criticsm galore even though he actually looked dangerous and offered an outlet....the flavour of the month Lamela on the other hand literally does nothing AND decides he won't help Walker against Montero but hardly anything said? a player is allowed to neglect his duty and not track back once but another player who has a cameo appearance gets destroyed on here.

Okay you're getting on my nerves, what had you expected him to do? Keep Lamela and Chadli on who did jack shit all the match? For Christ sake it's not like he had shitloads of wingers to choose from and he chose the shittiest two to sub on.
Firstly I'm not here for your amusement mate so I don't give a fuck if I annoy you, lamella has been 1 of our greatest threats all season so I would not have taken him off at half time especially after when we have so few players able to get a goal/assist. We were already behind ffs!! Why does Clinton only get 20 odd mins again when he's looked good every time he's played?? Lastly Kane off was just off - so yeah he poch doesn't have too many options but sometimes it's better to stick imo

I propose that there should be a Forum rule that nobody posts on the Match Thread until 24 hours after the game. It might help the blood pressure. Btw Townsend is the most predictable player in the Premier, Chadli the most frustrating and Loris is a worldy.

I think we should install a little railway for Townsend at WHL.
It'll go up the wing then cut inside the final third and stop there. Then he can get off his little train and take a shot.
It'll save him loads of energy.

Yeah, but it's only 3 points for a win... and you only need to be ahead by 1 point to win the league...
I don't know what point i'm making... but you know... we've beaten them every other time before, under far worse managers... what's our excuse today...Townsend isn't Bale perhaps??

Another unfortunate own goal. Lack of cover for a misfiring striker, and some key players sidelined.
I think that covers it.

Its the same vein as people last week calling out anyone who had doubts about Poch and asking "ARE YOU NOW CONVINCED THEN??!!".......well actually, as you point out, no, Im not.
Full strength midweek, team suffered today, Chadli and Eriksen in the same team when it doesnt really work etc....

Same with Lamela....one good week, and suddenly he had proved everyone wrong.

Well, he hasnt proven a thing yet, as shown by today..
Out of interest who do you think would be doing a better job with these players?

Townsend gets criticsm galore even though he actually looked dangerous and offered an outlet....the flavour of the month Lamela on the other hand literally does nothing AND decides he won't help Walker against Montero but hardly anything said? a player is allowed to neglect his duty and not track back once but another player who has a cameo appearance gets destroyed on here.

Townsend's criticism comes partly from his own good work - he's often in space to receive the ball on the counter, and is pretty good at dribbling into dangerous positions.......he just then fucks up his own good work 9/10 times.

It's just fucking frustrating that he never learns as well.

Townsend may have fucked up a few chances today - but he also created those chances himself

Chadli on the other hand, I honestly can't recall anything he did today...

That's the whole point with him, if he doesn't score then there is no other contribution from him. He is just a passenger.
He is a neat tidy footballer there is no bite to him, and he doesn't perform consistantly. As someone said earlier, 1 game in every 5 isn't good enough. We can do better than that.

Out of interest who do you think would be doing a better job with these players?
Chelsea--Jose-Mourinho-Press-Conference.jpg

Okay so you want more Lamela criticism? Townsend had opportunities to win the game but consistently messed up. It is incredibly annoying. Lamela did not help walker and should be (and has) been criticized for that. People can hold two opinions about two players at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom