Swansea v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only caught the second half.

No idea why Lamela would be substituted for fucking Townsend. Or anyone really. What a fucking idiot.

Poch and Townsend and Kane to take the blame for this one.

Townsend just got progressively worse, I can't even comprehend it. He literally, actually did. Could barely even keep the ball in play on his last touch. I just can't.

Which brings us to idiot Pochettino. Why would he put him on? What has Townsend EVER done to change a game? Dumb.

Kane. Seems Soldado like now. Instead of turning and shooting, dribbles wastefully into blind alleys and lets the opposition regroup. Again and again and again. And what a goal. For Swansea.

Not at all.

A big part of being our manager currently is bringing youth team players through - Mourinho's not exactly known for that.
Imagine the type of football he would bring? He's hardly renowned for playing that swashbuckling stuff that some would prefer us to play & get relegated than boring, functional points on the board kind of football. The man is a poisonous, vindictive cunt.

Only caught the second half.

No idea why Lamela would be substituted for fucking Townsend. Or anyone really. What a fucking idiot.

Poch and Townsend and Kane to take the blame for this one.

Townsend just got progressively worse, I can't even comprehend it. He literally, actually did. Could barely even keep the ball in play on his last touch. I just can't.

Which brings us to idiot Pochettino. Why would he put him on? What has Townsend EVER done to change a game? Dumb.

Kane. Seems Soldado like now. Instead of turning and shooting, dribbles wastefully into blind alleys and lets the opposition regroup. Again and again and again. And what a goal. For Swansea.
Came on and changed the game against Sunderland? Created more today in 5 minutes than Lamela did for 60

say whaaaat? lamela & chadli were poor.
eriksen was very good.
I would agree they were poor from the point of view of 'end product' but we spent a lot of time in the opposition half so I'm awarding them recognition in that respect.
I think you have to agree we pressed well (as a team) today.

Oh wow you're being genuine?

I honestly don't mean to be rude in any way but i don't think you understand the concept of football if you believe what you just typed (i was thinking/hoping it was simply meant to be a dig at Walker rather then you believing what you typed). You think if a full back is in a one on one situation with an opposition winger there should be no need for assitance from our wide man? like they have no responsibility and they can just do what they want?
I'm glad our manager doesn't think like that.
oh I understand football perfectly well mate and Walker was shit-they didn't even need their left back to help with attacks because he was so shit, if Lamela or chadli or anyone else wasn't tracking back when the full backs went forward I would slag them off, this wasn't the case and he was clearly our out ball as well and stayed a bit further up the pitch.
One thing you can't throw at Lamela is being lazy, hes an extremely hard worker- I reckon Poch told him to stay further up the pitch for the counter in fact I'm certain of it.

So we go into the game against Liverpool with no recognized defensive midfield, an out of form striker, no pace in our attacking four against a team who will have a new manager in place managing their first game with a team of players with more hunger.

Should be fun.

So we go into the game against Liverpool with no recognized defensive midfield, an out of form striker, no pace in our attacking four against a team who will have a new manager in place managing their first game with a team of players with more hunger.

Should be fun.

Ah Fuck em, there is no magical wand for that shower of shite. We'll smash em..

oh I understand football perfectly well mate and Walker was shit-they didn't even need their left back to help with attacks because he was so shit, if Lamela or chadli or anyone else wasn't tracking back when the full backs went forward I would slag them off, this wasn't the case and he was clearly our out ball as well and stayed a bit further up the pitch.
One thing you can't throw at Lamela is being lazy, hes an extremely hard worker- I reckon Poch told him to stay further up the pitch for the counter in fact I'm certain of it.
Of course that's what happened. Poch decided today to go against everything he stands for as a manager and decided today was the day to inform one of our attacking wide players to not track back at all and instead just stay upfield.
and Poch taking Lamela off was his way of rewarding him for listening to his instructions.

Should be fun.
The international break should mean we get some bodies back though. Mason and Bentaleb hopefully.

The international break should mean we get some bodies back though. Mason and Bentaleb hopefully.
But then it's unknown quantity. Alli has looked good in central midfield alongside a recognised defense minded player in Eric Dier. Do we start him alongside Bentaleb/Mason? Where it could be an absolute disaster? Or do we go back to that Mason/Bentaleb partnership? Yuck.

But then it's unknown quantity. Alli has looked good in central midfield alongside a recognised defense minded player in Eric Dier. Do we start him alongside Bentaleb/Mason? Where it could be an absolute disaster? Or do we go back to that Mason/Bentaleb partnership? Yuck.
Don't sweat it mate, Poch will sort something out. It will work.

Two areas Poch needs to focus on:
Here's the WhoScored post match summary...
Swansea-Tottenham - Match Report
Look at Positional Report-Player Positions/Zone of Influence...very similar to Thursday night, we are over-weight on our left flank whilst,
at the same time opening up that passing lane to our right flank to, in this case, Montero, who, you will note is the furthest forward of the Swansea players.
Next compare the rates of aerial success today and reflect that Swansea's two attempts on target were both headers!
We're allowing opposition wingers too much time to cross the ball.

Back
Top Bottom