Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Spot on- he won't walk.

He's exactly the right sort of manager we've needed in terms of style of play. But the sad thing is- he doesn't have the leverage to pressurise ENIC to spend what we need.
I said that a while back. If we got say JN he would prbly have been having words with levy by now and threatening to leave. I was Anges biggest fan but he has generally spoke well. Just the niggling doubt in my head is his not come up against other top quality coaches and teams on a regular basis. Can he outwit them? The other thing is does he have balls to call levy out? Is he really happy with the business done so far? Surely he can’t be. We got no CB before pre season. Only got vdv just before first game of season. We have no quality CF. If his not happy with transfer business or we don’t get what he wants do you think he walks. Basically saying to levy you have not delivered what you promised or what I wanted. Especially after losing Kane.

Even by our historical lofty standards this window has been utterly shambolic. How you can let arguably your greatest ever player go and do nothing to replace him is so upsetting it's offensive. Something might happen tomorrow, but even a miracle won't absolve the ineptitude in squad management. I was devastated that Kane was in a position where he felt he had to leave, and then to not get a worthy replacement would be the biggest of teeth related kicks. To do this because Levy likely knows he can is infuriating. We don't need to behave like this anymore, and yet again we've decided that it is a reasonable way to behave. Honestly, a change is needed

It sets us up perfectly to be rinsed by Chelsea on a fee or get the rug pulled out from under us for Gallagher at the last second though.

So naive. That's why you cannot have so many moving parts going into deadline day, you just cannot do 8 deals in 24 hours without something going wrong.

I hate Levy's over-confidence with this shite so much.
We've been behind the 8 ball operating from a position of weakness in every transfer window for YEARS.

The outgoings tomorrow are more important than the incomings toward fixing that, tbh.

Gallagher ain't about the do the Biss job either tho'......... PEH + 20/30m ain't worth the bother.

.........Is the Fulham interest a knock-on from a possible Paulinha exit?
I guess they see him as able to do 6 and 8.

Thing about the Fulham game is it shows you that Ange can’t work without depth in his squad. We will need 6 CMs that can play his system. We have 3 and hopefully Bentancur getting back to his best eventually.
Skipp not yet…

Get together with your mates and put up £3.5 billion and buy him out. I can provide a couple of email addresses for some really high worth clients if you find yourself short of a couple of quid. Don’t bother with Zuck, I’ve already solicited him years ago when he was wealthier. He had no interest and I don’t think Priscilla is much of a football fan.

Alternatively, you can get all sweary on the Internet and put him on super secret probation again this season.
Alternatively, you can holla at me when you stop pretending being a Spurs fan.

Thanks for popping in, Mr DT.

Gallagher is a player if we buy who will have a lot of people eating their words.

That being said I am not sure Chavs will sell or we will pay.
I just don't see it with Gallagher personally... headless chicken vibes for me.

If we do sign him, really hope I'm proven wrong but cannot see a world where they sell to us regardless.

Back
Top Bottom