Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Celebrating Bring It GIF by AFC Bournemouth
Tbf that is the furthest away from done, it’s just a “considering” which means fuck all.

Levy and ENIC have shown less ambition this window than Bournemouth and Brighton.

24 hours remain to salvage it all. And that 'salvaging' hinges on Brennan Johnson, Lloyd Kelly, and maybe a Chelsea reject in Gallagher.

Levy has shown Ange his hand early at least. No more surprises from here on out for big Ange. Levy's showing him how it is at Spurs right off the bat.

Ange will walk from his contract before he is pushed. I think he will be the first manager to say fuck it, promises have been broken since day one and I can’t work in the conditions.

Ange will walk from his contract before he is pushed. I think he will be the first manager to say fuck it, promises have been broken since day one and I can’t work in the conditions.
I believe that's true 'IF' and it's a big 'IF' he has been lied to, but at this stage I think he's probably ok with things. If we get rid of 3-4 and bring in two I expect he'll be reasonable and think it's ok for the first transfer window. It can be expected to be resolved in one

Can't see him doing that unless he has had a couple of relatively successful years with us and his stock has increased.

Wouldn't make sense. He was worked with lower quality squads than we have for his whole career. Tottenham are potentially the pinnacle of his career.

Levy and ENIC have shown less ambition this window than Bournemouth and Brighton.

24 hours remain to salvage it all. And that 'salvaging' hinges on Brennan Johnson, Lloyd Kelly, and maybe a Chelsea reject in Gallagher.

Levy has shown Ange his hand early at least. No more surprises from here on out for big Ange. Levy's showing him how it is at Spurs right off the bat.
Yeah but Danny Boy knows it's Ange's biggest friggin gig ever to be our HC, so he won't kick up a fuss the way Jose & Conte did. And even if/when the Big Fella went on one, Levy gonna tell him to eff off, firing him would cost zilch compared to previous payoffs. And he'll find another donkey for the job.

The modus operandi is so well known.

Can't see him doing that unless he has had a couple of relatively successful years with us and his stock has increased.

Wouldn't make sense. He was worked with lower quality squads than we have for his whole career. Tottenham are potentially the pinnacle of his career.
Spot on- he won't walk.

He's exactly the right sort of manager we've needed in terms of style of play. But the sad thing is- he doesn't have the leverage to pressurise ENIC to spend what we need.

Back
Top Bottom