Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tell Woolwich that. They've somehow managed to acquire plenty of proven talent
They’ve produced some decent homegrown talent and done well in the market with some second-hand cast-offs.
Kroenke sees it as a chance to win-now and is making a decent investment now.

That doesn’t change the fact that he bought the second best team in the Premier League and turned it into also-rans for the best part of a decade.

Lo Celso is also reportedly hurt, said to have missed the Argentina squad through injury. Explains the halftime hook.
Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

Los Celso....... Injured you say?

Well I never.

I'm happy with LW, RB, and CM depth, unhappy with striker and RW depth (non-existent for both, but that's why we're buying Johnson), very unhappy with CB depth (three bozos).
I would agree with that assessment, would also add Udogie to Davies is a horrifying step down. I think if we added 3-4 good players in those positions we could afford to make in the region of 7-9 changes for a cup game against Fulham and go through. You don't have to have 2 first XIs like City to be comfortable rotating, just not having absolute cloggers as backup will do. The real worrier in that Fulham game, for me, is seeing what could come to pass with 1 or more injuries in certain positions. If Romero (injury prone) or VDV get injured we are currently playing Sanchez or Dier. If Madds gets injured, GLC who was so shit he was hooked at half time for a guy we've just loaned to the championship, gets the nod. As I said, Udogie's little niggle vs Bournemouth was his ACL, boom, Davies for 9 months. It's frankly terrifying. Any of these guys could cost us untold amount of points, even if they're rotating into a full strength XI.

I don't agree.

The ball playing is poor all over that team, and that will weigh the first XI down wherever called upon.
The only ones who're outright poor with the ball in our backups are Sanchez and Forster. Emerson, Davies, etc. are average. Our starters are excellent with the ball though (outside of our front three, strangely enough), so it's a step down.

So......

If we don't get anyone else in this window......is everyone still happy that we flogged Kane and banked 100million for Levy and Lewis?

At this point, if they're not going to identify, go after and splash the cash, it would have been a better call to keep Kane.

This club just winds me up so much.

Ange has got the positive vibes back, but it will be difficult to maintain if we haven't got at least 1 alternative up top.

I could not agree more with this post. Fcukong piss take if we stick.

Always content to be pragmatuc in a mad football world but to leave us firing blanks would be an absolute shocker.

We are Tottenham Hotspur, 8th richest club in world football, and average just won't do.
This is the thinking of levy and the board, which is why this club is always unsuccessful and a mess, because of make do garbage, and waiting for opportunity signings instead of actual proper targets.
Kane left weeks ago, and yet we are just over 24hrs from not signing anyone
We are Tottenham Hotspur, 8th richest club in the galaxy, blah blah blah blah....

Tell us something new, mate.

Incomings: Brennan Johnson, Conor Gallagher, Lloyd Kelly, Perr Schuurs

Outgoings: , Japhet Tanganga,, Sergio Reguilon, Tanguy Ndombele, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. Hugo Lloris, Davinson Sanchez, Eric Dier.

Probably the best we;ll get.

I've put this post on another thread and gotten quite dislikes from what I presume are "Levy Lovers".

"I've given up on Levy and ENIC. I don't buy in to the "Ange doesn't take crap" bullshit. He's eating up what Levy hands him by the bucket load."

Its so frustrating to know Conte, Jose, Poch, .... We can go as far back as Martin Jol and Jaunde Ramos, all Good Managers that where lead to the slaughter by Levy. Fans hopes are always trampled on in favour of the Almighty Pound.

Ramos, "‘It works well but you have to ask the question: what are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to win money or titles? The sporting side is the priority at Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea."

Ramos laughs. "Bent scored 12 or 13 during pre-season. That's the worst thing that could happen! So Levy says: 'This guy [Berbatov] out, this guy [Keane] out … '"

"Spurs aren't going to win the league. Economically, it works well but in sporting terms maybe it needs retuning. You can't demand something that doesn't fit the reality."

" I wanted Samuel Eto'o and David Villa. Eto'o wanted too much in wages. We negotiated with Villa, when he was one of the world's best. Levy's a hard, hard, hard negotiator and in the end it didn't happen. So we were left with Bent and Campbell...."

This article completely exposes the Real Levy and ENIC.

We all know what happened to Jose and Conté.

And Probably one of the worst backstabbing I've heard of Martin Jol sacking.

Levy is a leach. He thinks of nothing other than his pockets. People and their passions are nothing to him.

Ange is going to learn the hard way. Spurs is a burial ground for Good managers. If you want the shinny CV you have built to be turned to dust, accept a job at Spurs. The Fans will embrace you but Levy will annihilate you.

To correct my earlier post if Lloris and Reggie leave that leaves us 18 non HG. So we need to lose at least one more. Odds on that one will be Ndombele.

9th richest club in the world
Then that’s our confines.

I didn’t say I don’t want us to spend, only that my expectations of expenditure are realistic relative to our turnover.

Odd comment that clearly ignores the jist of my post and decides to infer something that wasn’t even there….

Year after year, Levy/Lewis confirm their contempt for the fans. They don't fucking deserve us.

They're more than happy to take our money, but I don't think they care.

Back
Top Bottom