Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
The stadium was never the game changer. We are spending more but everyone else is spending more too. We still have one of the lowest wages/turnover ratios in the league and we never compete with our rivals for the best players just like we didn't when in the smaller WHL.
We are spending more because of the stadium.
Without it we wouldn't be able to spend more.

We've the 5th highest wage to turnover ratio.

He had an excellent loan season at Palace.
May have been a ‘big fish - small pond’ situation but I would take him based on those performances
Energetic grafter, little ability on the ball IMO. Not for me, but he could add goals a la Lampard did at his age but not a style of player I wanna watch although 100% > Hoj as a squad player

Kosher Kid would be loving this.
He’s a Celtic fan now I think.

Happy Premier League GIF by MolaTV

Bracing themselves? They could just tell us to fuck off.

Lloyd fucking Kelly, this is worse than the Fulham performance. I didn’t feel this low when Kane left. Would rather give one of our youth players a chance.

Levy on the off chance you read this, you are a cretinous cunt
He had a solid gold chance with that windfall to get at least a decent portion of the fanbase back onside with some ambitious spending, actually fuck that, not even ambitious, we should be able to afford £150m net spend in 1 window, if Chavs can spend 3-4x that figure every window with a similar size fanbase and much smaller stadium, why couldn't we spend that in just one fucking window where the need for a big rebuild was clear for all to see. Our business would be good if the squad were essentially the finished article, a few really astute additions in VDV, Vicario and Maddison that unequivocally improve the first XI in each position, but our game vs Fulham displayed to us all just how woefully short on strength in depth we are.

I literally cannot fathom the whole "we must sell before we buy" bollocks, I really can't. We've been having the same issues trying to cut loose our deadwood for the last 3 calendar years now, we know these players are not good enough to play for us, we've only managed to secure loans for the vast majority of them, and even that has stopped this year by and large. It's plain as day we're gonna see a lot of these guys frozen out until their contracts expire. Whether they're under contract or not, they're unequivocally not good enough to be part of the squad, so why would that even factor in to replacing them? If anything, NOT replacing them in advance would probably give them the sense they can just sit tight, wait for an injury and take their place back in our first XI.

Average attendance 2022-23
Bor. Dortmund 81,228
Bayern M 75,001
Schalke (relegated) 61, 154
How can that be "one of the least popular" leagues? There is in fact more of an interest in watching the Bundesliga than you seem to be aware of.
1.1bn euro TV money vs £5bn for the premier league

Bums on seats is the least important aspect of income

He had an excellent loan season at Palace.
May have been a ‘big fish - small pond’ situation but I would take him based on those performances
He’s better than Skipp. If it was to replace him I can sort of understand it. But that doesn’t seem to be the case. A replacement for PEH maybe but he’s a different type of player so not sure that adds up either.
But nothing surprises me with our transfer policy it always feel a bit unplanned as though we are winging it.

I’m not an unrealistic fan. I’m happy to work within our financial confines and don’t expect squad perfection. But if we enter this season with Sanchez 3rd choice CB and the existing attacking options, I’ll consider it poor risk management and be really disappointed in the club. They could seriously impact the chances of meeting our (realistic) objectives this season.
9th richest club in the world

Energetic grafter, little ability on the ball IMO. Not for me, but he could add goals a la Lampard did at his age but not a style of player I wanna watch although 100% > Hoj as a squad player

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Maddison Bissouma Gallagher
Johnson Richarlison Son

Run run run run run run run run run run run go go go go go go go go

Go Go Go Running GIF

:ange-arms:

So we sell our best ever goal scorer because apparently its better to get the money to invest in the squad. Right.

We've signed no replacement strikers and the only attacking player we have been linked is with some bloke who plays for Forest. Who we won't sign anyway because he costs more than £3.50. Fucking Great.

The Bald Cunt is essentially sabotaging us and will be the reason why we finish 12th this season.

Im not backing levy up here but we did sign a replacement for Kane and that was Richie. We’ve also signed an attacking mid on madders and we’ve signed a top centre half too. Richie was obviously a huge mistake but stop acting like we haven’t spent money. We have

He had a solid gold chance with that windfall to get at least a decent portion of the fanbase back onside with some ambitious spending, actually fuck that, not even ambitious, we should be able to afford £150m net spend in 1 window, if Chavs can spend 3-4x that figure every window with a similar size fanbase and much smaller stadium, why couldn't we spend that in just one fucking window where the need for a big rebuild was clear for all to see. Our business would be good if the squad were essentially the finished article, a few really astute additions in VDV, Vicario and Maddison that unequivocally improve the first XI in each position, but our game vs Fulham displayed to us all just how woefully short on strength in depth we are.
Depth isn't tested by playing all backups together, depth is tested by having the players slot in for first XI players. A nearly fully rotated team playing poorly doesn't tell you anything.

Back
Top Bottom