Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Conor Gallagher could be our Jude Bellingham. Without the technique of course, but hey, a wildly overrated attribute. Gallagher is something like a much less talented version of Bellingham.

It's just Barca have been hawking him around all summer, which has led to scores of links at other Clubs. Nothing got done because the terms to take him weighed heavily in favour of Barca, so no Club was interested. It's all about Barca getting his astronomical wages off their books.

It's gone down to the wire because of the terms but now Clubs are smelling an opportunity in the last 48hrs of the window as Barca might have to move on their terms. 100% this would have peaked our interest and is worth seeing what could be negotiated (although personally I'm hugely dubious of the motive of the player, his injury record, and his desire to get back to Barca when loan finishes - we aren't some school for invalides recovery so they can get back to their club).

Our target is clearly Johnson (or one of him with a couple of irons in fires used to smoke out or fall back on as alternatives).

Any issues we have regarding getting rid of players though his hugely frustrating, especially as the players concerned aren't on massive PL wages. It's this area where we are underperforming and we are still feeling the effects of not having Munn and/or another under him with our Sporting Director/Technical Director operations. Still reflects on poor planning and execution.
It's also the effects of our terrible purchases in past years. A DoF would help, but the core problem is the players we bought and the salaries we put them on.

Calvert fucking lewin !?!

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Have we replaced kane yet?

Well, I thought my point was pretty clear: Sterling normally plays on the left side but since Chelski do not have a quality player right now for that LFW position right now Sterling is played there (and may well be there permanently).
I am sure Jackson, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka, Diego Moreira, Nkunku and several others could play there if they are asked to...
Sterling has been their best player by a mile playing on the right. I'm pretty sure Poch considers him the main guy for that position and is not considering to move him away from that position.

the likelihood is that Poch will go with 4-2-3-1 with Palmer eventually occupying that central role (at least until Nkunku comes back).

View: https://twitter.com/pokeefe1/status/1697179972819935349?s=20

That's a superb move for all parties. Ipswich or Coventry would have been where I'd have liked to see him spend a season, both develop youth well.

McKenna is a brilliant manager (wish he was still at Spurs, really fucked off when he went to Utd) and has done a superb job at Ipswich. Fans love him because of the football he has them play, so 100% agree this is a great move.

Fingers crossed he plays - I don't know enough about their squad to know if he has a realistic chance at mins. Is anyone in front of him/are they any good is so?

Sterling has been their best player by a mile playing on the right. I'm pretty sure Poch considers him the main guy for that position and is not considering to move him away from that position.

the likelihood is that Poch will go with 4-2-3-1 with Palmer eventually occupying that central role (at least until Nkunku comes back).
Sterling has been their best player, yes....and time will tell where Palmer will be played...

Back
Top Bottom