Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

N'Koudou :llorisunsure:

18 man squad :lloris:

Tom Carroll & Harry Winks within that 18 :pochsulk:

Robson Kanu available on a free :levywhoa:

6th place :pochfacepalm:

Off to Real Madrid :llorishuh::dembelefingers::levyeyes:

Sold to United :kanewtf::allitongue::vertna:

Poch sacked :pochbye:

Rinse and repeat :walker-scream:

I see Pulis is talking about getting rid of Callum Mcmanaman and Rickie Lambert.

Lambert has, apparently, only played 12 mins for them in the league since he left liverpool.

Interesting to see if he is involved in the Chadli transfer - some might say he's dogshit, but he did alright under Poch's magical powers last time, and would be a useful, cheap option for when we aren't wanting to risk Kane/Janssen.

I'm not going to get too excited.. But with all the outgoings in midfield (Mason, Chadli, Bentaleb and maybe Njie) Levy and Poch must have something lined up.

I see Pulis is talking about getting rid of Callum Mcmanaman and Rickie Lambert.

Lambert has, apparently, only played 12 mins for them in the league since he left liverpool.

Interesting to see if he is involved in the Chadli transfer - some might say he's dogshit, but he did alright under Poch's magical powers last time, and would be a useful, cheap option for when we aren't wanting to risk Kane/Janssen.
He certainly could be in our price range

giphy.gif

You mean someone actually gave us monies for townsend? :pochwtf:

some people will do anything to see a football slap the back of row Z :townhmm:

Yup. Real pounds sterling.

...and then the scamps only went and got relegated and still made a profit on him
:townhmm:

You can't expect to get rid of Mason, Chadli & maybe Son and replace with academy kids.

I had hoped Levy learnt his lesson in 2010 but wait to hopefully be surprised come the close of the window. But failure to add pace and players to immediately affect the lineup for the better will be embarrassing. Lack of depth/injuries will see us struggle to compete.

N'Koudou :llorisunsure:

18 man squad :lloris:

Tom Carroll & Harry Winks within that 18 :pochsulk:

There's about 22/23 players in the squad, even if Mason, Chadli and Son leave, and no one else comes in.

Not commenting on how good that squad is, just correcting the 18 man thing...

1 Lloris
2 Vorm
3 McGee
3 Walker
4 Rose
5 Alderweireld
6 Vertonghen
7 Trippier
8 Davies
9 Wimmer
10 Carter-Vickers
11 Eriksen
12 Wanyama
13 Lamela
14 Dier
15 Alli
16 Dembéle
17 Carroll
18 Onomah
19 Winks
20 N'Jie
21 Kane
22 Janssen

As above, we currently have Chadli, Mason and Son which makes 25, and possibly Nkoudou and Lopes coming in.

Plenty of room for adding players to our squad, but there's more than 18 at worst case scenario.

This Lopes thing: why are we loaning (and then most likely buying) a young GK when Vorm has been stellar and Lloris is like 3 weeks away from returning - during which there is an international break? Is he the future #1 perhaps?

This is a joke, right.
Please tell me this is is some kind of perverse humour.

This Lopes thing: why are we loaning (and then most likely buying) a young GK when Vorm has been stellar and Lloris is like 3 weeks away from returning - during which there is an international break? Is he the future #1 perhaps?
Because there both in there thirties and we're hoping he will be the main man in the future, maybe we want to take a closer look before buying - feel a little sorry for McGee tho

This is really confusing. Chadli isn't world class or anything, but he's a solid player, and with him gone the only other backup winger/attacking mid is Son.
Poch obviously sees something in Onomah, N'Koudou is meant to be joining before Wednesday and Edwards was supposedly promised game time in the first team.

Back
Top Bottom