Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 games in, I'd be curious to see where all the "we don't need to sign anyone else" brigade have gone.

1st point - A lot of the "We don't need anyone" supporters were speaking before the season and wasn't aware how badly things had got with Njie and Chadli.

2nd point - Alli, Eriksen, Kane all being shit doesn't mean we simply buy a replacement. It means we wait for them to get back to form or try to solve any issues (Contractual, name changes, slow starters).

Saying "We play bad (We're unbeaten though...) and so need more players" is laughably simplistic. I agree at this point that we now need a new AM (Perhaps even 2) if Chadli and Njie are done for.

Thing is, when we annually missed out on CL football, people used that as an excuse for us not attracting top players. Now we're in it, the same people say we can't afford top players. There's always an excuse.
We can't pay their wages.
There are 5 ahead of us in that pecking order an one of those would struggle to pay what the other 4 can.
Football is fucked It's become a means for legitimising/advertising oil/economically rich foreign countries and their business interests in those said countries ( as has most sport) e.g., Emirates ubiquitous , PSG/Qatar and French Govt business contracts etc., etc.
No coincidence that the chinese are now buying , already bought up the midlands and getting their feet under the Govt table.

1st point - A lot of the "We don't need anyone" supporters were speaking before the season and wasn't aware how badly things had got with Njie and Chadli.

2nd point - Alli, Eriksen, Kane all being shit doesn't mean we simply buy a replacement. It means we wait for them to get back to form or try to solve any issues (Contractual, name changes, slow starters).

Saying "We play bad (We're unbeaten though...) and so need more players" is laughably simplistic. I agree at this point that we now need a new AM (Perhaps even 2) if Chadli and Njie are done for.

I agree, but I'd add...

3rd point - I don't think we realised we'd actually manage to sell some of our 'squad' players quite so easily (so far)

This one is gathering pace, must be all be done...

BREAKING NEWS

West Brom agree club-record fee with Tottenham for winger Nacer Chadli, according to Sky sources.

So if these reports of 13M for Chadli and 12m for Mason are true, we're practically breaking even. Let's Party !

Out - sold

Pritchard 8
Yedlin 5
Chadli 13
Mason 12

In - purchased

Waynama 11
Janssen 17

That would be 10 million up so far, Fazio and Bentaleb are loans, I assume Carroll might also be going out and Nije as well.

Out - sold

Pritchard 8
Yedlin 5
Chadli 13
Mason 12

In - purchased

Waynama 11
Janssen 17

That would be 10 million up so far, Fazio and Bentaleb are loans, I assume Carroll might also be going out and Nije as well.

You forgot Townsend monies from January! Faz and Bentaleb will have loan fees too, technically.

Back
Top Bottom