Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to get excited about buying quality internationals. Now we buy under 21's and constantly try to raid the mighty Southampton of their players and people are in raptures.

Thats why.
i see your point i would like a Van der Vaart too. But at this moment i just want players to make our team stronger. And Wanyama and Berahino are players that can do that and premier league proven.

Then in the context of your last post. Who were the last few internationals we got or should have got excited about?

As I've mentioned many times before we haven't bought anything really world class in the Enic/Levy era. Van der Vaart is the exception that proves the rule.

Levy is an utter clown on transfers.

As I've mentioned many times before we haven't bought anything really world class in the Enic/Levy era. Van der Vaart is the exception that proves the rule.

Not going to either until we are champions league regulars and splashing 6 figure weekly salaries around like they are going out of fashion unfortunately. Gone are the days where you can pick up a genuine world class player if you aren't at the very top of the football pyramid. I don't particularly like that fact but we have no choice but to live with it really.

Levy has agreed some shrewd transfers and had some utter nightmares, its a mixed bag. But tell me anyone who has a nailed on success every time when it comes to a deal...

We have however created world class stars. Which I believe is our philosophy. Much like those down the road when they were buying the likes of Vieira, Henry etc. - fast forward their stadium being built, not to mention qualifying for the Champions League every single year and they're signing the likes of Ozil, Sanchez etc.

We have however created world class stars. Which I believe is our philosophy. Much like those down the road when they were buying the likes of Vieira, Henry etc. - fast forward their stadium being built, not to mention qualifying for the Champions League every single year and they're signing the likes of Ozil, Sanchez etc.

Difference with the scum is they have a policy. World class manager and a properly run board. We do not have a philosophy unless the philosophy is sacking managers.

Not going to either until we are champions league regulars and splashing 6 figure weekly salaries around like they are going out of fashion unfortunately. Gone are the days where you can pick up a genuine world class player if you aren't at the very top of the football pyramid. I don't particularly like that fact but we have no choice but to live with it really.

Levy has agreed some shrewd transfers and had some utter nightmares, its a mixed bag. But tell me anyone who has a nailed on success every time when it comes to a deal...
:harrysmile:
:troll:

glad to hear it.

i assumed we would have had the same deal.

by the way. is this a case of corruption or incompetence?

Both, the pricks that planned and agreed the stadium in the first place had no plan past the end of the Olympics and built an unfit stadium for anything other than the Olympic Village and athletics. Then they had West Ham saying they'd keep the running track and so made sure they got the deal, I remember a very public slur around the Spurs bid being spun like we were going to knock down a £500m stadium to build ours, wasting tax payers money! We were actually going to recycle as much as poss, use the foundations of the stadium, build a fit for purpose multi-use stadium, re-develop Crystal Palace for Athletics and there was still supposed to be a Tottenham regeneration project for the area we left behind. Olympic Park Legacy Committee or whatever they were called; big salaries, no ideas, no accountability, running track agenda.

Never mind, it's only our money.

Last edited:
Not trying to be funny but I could swear I remember reading an article that Levy barely negotiates at all until the transfer is getting near the finish line. I think it said that Darren Eales did a lot of the negotiating back when he was Director of Football Administration. Plus, we also know based on pictures and reports of him meeting other club's representatives that Baldini did a fair share of negotiation as well.

EDIT: Article on Eales noting him as a key negotiator and singling out his role during the Bale deal. http://atlutd.com/mls-atlanta-announces-darren-eales-as-club-president/

Also, didn't Levy just get back from vacation in Florida? Presumably the club didn't have the closed sign out in his absence. The scuttlebutt has always been that since the illness of his wife that Levy has had less day to day responsibility on the footballing side of things. Everything still requires his approval but he doesn't have the same level of day to day involvement. I'm sure we have a wide array of people who negotiate and work the transfer phones. No club or company as big as Tottenham would have only one person negotiate. Especially with all the business related stuff Levy has been doing recently. Plus we have about 39393595 technical, executive, and non-executive directors who have to be up to something.

How are we supposed to get Kramer, if Bender goes ?
According to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato, Arsene Wenger sent scouts to Lazio's Champions League game against Bayer Leverkusen in midweek on a mission to watch midfielder Lars Bender, it has been claimed.

How are we supposed to get Kramer, if Bender goes ?
According to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato, Arsene Wenger sent scouts to Lazio's Champions League game against Bayer Leverkusen in midweek on a mission to watch midfielder Lars Bender, it has been claimed.
Thought we were interested in Sven Bender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom