Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. How the fuck would you know if we have a "transfer team" or not?
Because its Levy, Baldini and Mitchell and Levy is the chief negotiator.
Maybe you should go and learn how our club is structured.

2. It says Levy blocks the Ade to West Ham deal on deadline day (hint: someone else might have been negotiating the deal up to that point)
Might not

3. Of course our chairman will negotiate a £86 million deal with Madrid - using that to "prove" that's he's spent 3 weeks on a £2.1 million deal in Colombia is pathetic.
Not really. He´s the chief negotiator. And 15 days isnt 3 weeks

4. Conclusively, you don't know squat about the points you're trying to make, so does everyone else on here.
No but Neil Ashton does. He didnt mention a transfer team as far I read, or that Levy has people doing his negotiating for him.

The article firmly backs my theory that Levy in the thick of everything transfer related working from dusk til dawn.

People can invent all the staff they like who are supposedly being sent around the grounds to have meetings, but maybe they could too produce an article which supports it.

Ive backed my speculation with a creditable article.

What do you have? ArtyB saying "Levy must be mowing the pitch today"..

Last edited:
How many Benders are in the German league?
double-entendre.png
X9pmem.png

Not half as strange as you thinking that a chairman is incapable of delegating...

Who exactly do you think is negotiating our transfers?

A transfer team? Is this actually for real?

No one has ever mentioned this before. When we were delivered with Saha, and Frazier Campbell, did people let Levy off the hook because maybe it was his delegates that made the deal and not him?

You cannot believe what you are saying. Did you read anywhere in that article that Levy delegates?

So on one side Neil Ashton with an in depth behind the scenes article about Levy citing things like:

Levy has an extraordinary reputation within the game and he is always willing to come to the table in the transfer window, so long as the terms are in Tottenham’s favour.

Levy comes alive in the window, spending hours on the phone to a network of agents.

He is at the training ground most days, arriving anywhere between 8-8.30am to begin work.

It is there, at their magnificent new hub on the outskirts of Enfield, that Levy spent the day setting up deals by telephone and email last Monday.

He appointed Franco Baldini as technical director in 2013, partly to detach himself from the frenzied atmosphere at the club on deadline day. Two years on, he cannot resist.

He is a calculated guy and he is prepared to wait and wait.

He spends hours in his vault on the first floor during the transfer window, pacing up and down a spartanly furnished office hypothesising over potential transfers on a notepad on his desk.

Last Monday, when Levy swept into Tottenham’s training centre, he was ready for business. Deals were there to be done.

And on the other side, there are four posters who have invented an integral side to the club dealings that no one else has ever heard of.

Using anything written by neil Ashton to back up a point should be a binnable offence.

I remember that article from the time. And I remember wondering why the fuck we should care if west ham's owners got upset. Fuck them. And anyway we probably did them a massive favour not giving them ade. Bet they're delighted now.

Because its Levy, Baldini and Mitchell and Levy is the chief negotiator.
Maybe you should go and learn how our club is structured.

Might not

Not really. He´s the chief negotiator. And 15 days isnt 3 weeks

No but Neil Ashton does. He didnt mention a transfer team as far I read, or that Levy has people doing his negotiating for him.

The article firmly backs my theory that Levy in the thick of everything transfer related working from dusk til dawn.

People can invent all the staff they like who are supposedly being sent around the grounds to have meetings, but maybe they could too produce an article which supports it.

Ive backed my speculation with a creditable article.

What do you have? ArtyB saying "Levy must be mowing the pitch today"..

Okay. I'll try my luck once more.

You supposedly know exaxtly how our club is structured, and Levy, Baldini and Mitchell are the only 3 people working with our transfers. They have no people under them.

You know that because an article didn't mention anyone else.

"I have this rock. It keeps tigers away"
- How ?
"I don't see any tigers, do you?"

Who are you to fucking question. If you actually read the quote it states we used to buy international quality so I responded by saying Alderweireld is. I don't see where buying him from matters. It's Atletico by the way, don't make that mistake again now you've been taught. Good lad.

Ahh, I see, fair enough, I'd read the Southampton raid bit then your Alderweireld post.

Precious little thing aren't you. I wouldn't waste your time getting into a battle of spellings and grammar with me to be honest. I type on an i-phone with the usual auto-correct and type-o like many of us, in-between other things like work and writing things that I need to proof more thoroughly. Also, it just makes you look like a twat as some people do struggle with literacy and some are too young to care and wil type txt spk 2 u 2 tell u they think u r a twat.

If you want to play smart-arse then it's actually Atlético.....so best to correct somebody properly if you're trying to be clever or just fuck off.

Okay. I'll try my luck once more.

You supposedly know exaxtly how our club is structured, and Levy, Baldini and Mitchell are the only 3 people working with our transfers. They have no people under them.

You know that because an article didn't mention anyone else.

"I have this rock. It keeps tigers away"
- How ?
"I don't see any tigers, do you?"

Back up your theory with a credible article like I did, or jump off.

You can assume there are staff we dont know about doing work on Levy´s behalf, based on nothing.

I will continue to believe the structure of the club from the facts I do know, backed up by articles written by respected sports journalists who have been around Levy in a transfer window, watching how he works.
No one mentioned a delegation in the article. Your theory is 100% speculation.

Or maybe Ashton forgot to mention the team of people sitting in Levy´s office being instructed to go and finalise a deal.

Difference with the scum is they have a policy. World class manager and a properly run board. We do not have a philosophy unless the philosophy is sacking managers.

Has it really come to this. Aspiring to be more like that franchise peice of shit club? Woolwich may have been (marginally) more successful recently than us (b2b FA cups aside), but they STILL consistently underachieve with regard to their expectations.

Unfortunately it seems that we are gradually adopting the cringe inducing, self entitled, know it all attitude of their fans though.

From Grey Fox (or something) on SC
"Sorry later than expected. We have not given up on Berahino and go in with another offer, the Fazio situation is seperate and it's basically down to him, a couple of Spanish clubs have also shown interest.

There are apparently 2 back ups to Berahino one of which has not been mentioned on here. As far as the dm/cm is concerned I've been told the Germans are now very unlikely but we have had extensive talks with Illarremendi and one other, any deals are expected to be late although the club would like them finalised before the Everton game.

As far as outgoings are concerned Adebayor, is proving really difficult basically no EPL club want him so abroad is fast becoming his/our only option. Lennon interest has also dropped and we will have to drop price if were are to get rid of. Fazio will be easier and should get done by early next week."
Extensive talks? Shut up

Back up your theory with a credible article like I did, or jump off.

You can assume there are staff we dont know about doing work on Levy´s behalf, based on nothing.

I will continue to believe the structure of the club from the facts I do know, backed up by articles written by respected sports journalists who have been around Levy in a transfer window, watching how he works.
No one mentioned a delegation in the article. Your theory is 100% speculation.

I have no theory and have made no assumptions or conclusions. I might even agree with you, who knows?

My only claim is, that you're full of shit.
You're making erroneous conclusions and fighting everyone about it. It's laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom